Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oldham 1-0 Bolton

+20
DEANO82
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
xmiles
Swagman
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
Norpig
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
doffcocker
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
rammywhite
gloswhite
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Fri Apr 14 2017, 13:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Oldham Athletic v Bolton Wanderers

Derby day
Wanderers will taking on another local-rival when they make the short journey to SportsDirect.com Park to face Oldham Athletic on Saturday. 

Beating Fleetwood Town 2-1 at Macron Stadium in their first derby clash of the season back in August, the Whites have lost just one of the following five clashes with their neighbours this season.

Suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Rochdale in late September, Phil Parkinson’s side went on to beat the Latics and Bury 2-0 before overcoming Rochdale in the reverse fixture.

Most recently putting in one of their performances of the season to beat Fleetwood 4-2 at Highbury, Bolton will be hoping they continue their recent success in derby days this Easter Weekend.

2. Early kick-off
Originally scheduled for 3pm kick-off, Saturday's game was moved to a 12.30 start earlier in the season.

It won’t be the first early kick-off of the season either, in fact, it’s the third. The first came back in October against Swindon Town with victory that day proving pivotal as it started a five match winning run in the league.

Despite losing their last early start against Peterborough United back in November, the Trotters will be hungrier than ever to come out on top this weekend, knowing exactly what could be at sake.

3. Away following
Wanderers will be backed by over 4,300 fans on Saturday - their largest away following of the season and biggest since the club's FA Cup trip to Liverpool in January 2015.

The club's away support in Sky Bet League One has been impeccable throughout the campaign and Parkinson's men will be eager to reward their travelling fans in what is their penultimate away day of 2016/17.

4. Options upfront
With Gary Madine battling to be fit for Saturday's game, the Whites will be calling upon their strength in depth in attack as they prepare to make the trip to SportsDirect.com Park.

Midfielder Josh Vela is Bolton's leading goalscorer so far this season with ten goals to his name, while central defenders Mark Beevers and David Wheater have both popped up with seven strikes apiece. 

Elsewhere, forward Adam Le Fondre has netted five goals from just 13 starts since his return to Macron Stadium on loan back in January.

With the Trotters currently finding utilising a 3-5-2 formation, Parkinson will have a decision to make regarding who partners ALF.

Conor Wilkinson was given the nod against Scunthorpe United while Max Clayton and Chris Long will also be competing for a starting role.

5. One step closer...
With Wanderers playing the day after their promotion-rivals, victory for the Whites on Saturday could see them go up if other results have gone their way.

However, Fleetwood Town and Bradford City would both need to lose on Good Friday while Scunthorpe United would also need to drop points for Bolton to be put in such a position.

Fingers crossed!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Fri Apr 14 2017, 13:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now saying that Madine, Dervite, Taylor and Pratley will all miss the game although I suspect that is Parky's version of mind games.

23Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Fri Apr 14 2017, 16:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All  the chasing pack are winning at the minute. That puts more pressure on us to get something out of tomorrows game. You can be sure that Oldham will want to spoil the party for us

24Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Fri Apr 14 2017, 18:25

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think he will take any risks bringing players back too early. We don't have to win tomorrow although our lead is likely to be just one point by Tuesday if we don't.

25Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeling confident today...nice early goal to settle us

26Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a a bit nervous to be honest, i know we have a massive away following but Oldham have been doing well recently.

I was thinking of going to this but left it too late and we sold out.

27Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I'm a a bit nervous to be honest, i know we have a massive away following but Oldham have been doing well recently.

I was thinking of going to this but left it too late and we sold out.

I'm nervous as well- but that's completely normal for me.  How many times have they let us down in crucial matches.

28Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Same here. I hope the players nerves are holding up better than mine.

29Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:Same here. I hope the players nerves are holding up better than mine.

I've got a horrible feeling that they'll come at us like a train ,score early and we'll struggle to get back to level pegging.
If we come out of this at 1-1 I think I'll be happy.

30Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My viral infection means I can't make it to the Bury game,so I'm hoping a win today will ease my disappointment.
I'm not as nervous today,for whatever reason,and I think we'll come away with the points.
As ever though,they'll put us through the mill.

31Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:My viral infection means I can't make it to the Bury game,so I'm hoping a win today will ease my disappointment.
I'm not as nervous today,for whatever reason,and I think we'll come away with the points.
As ever though,they'll put us through the mill.

This is one of the days ,whilst being passionate in support of the Wanderers. I absolutely hate them and wishes I couldn't give a monkeys about them.

32Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked.

33Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll get dicked.

You're a real source of joy

34Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know the feeling Rammy.
You want something so much,it hurts.
I've tried hating them,and it doesn't work. If things go tits up this season,my whole summer will be in tatters. It shouldn't be like this.
People keep telling me there's more to life than football. OK.

35Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are the most predictable team in the country when it comes to games like this.

We'll bottle it.

36Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We are the most predictable team in the country when it comes to games like this.

We'll bottle it.

I've got a horrible feeling that you might well be right

37Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The closer the game gets, the more nervous I've become but I'm not going to change my prediction as it's every bit as likely to happen as anything else. I only hope the lads give 100% and stay focussed because if they do, we'll win.

38Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 11:07

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For the first time in years, I woke up this morning and immediately thought about the match.

I've got butterflies and everything.

I just hope it turns out better than the last time it happened because that was Stoke at Wembley and we all know how that played out...

39Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 11:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we blow this,you can forget the play offs. Their heads will have gone.

40Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sat Apr 15 2017, 11:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if you're all nervous about playing a side that's been in the lower echelons of league one all season.

The better sides in this league have struggled at Oldham because of the shit pitch, now we aren't the most tiki taka of sides and do hoof the ball a lot, we will dispose of Oldham no worries

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum