Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Over 20 dead at the men arena

+15
rammywhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Bwfc1958
xmiles
observer
wessy
Sluffy
karlypants
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 16:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

US officials say that the suspected #ManchesterAttack bomber has been identified by British authorities as Salman Abedi

Brit Abedi was born in December 1995 in Manchester.

He is believed to be of Libyan origin and has at least three siblings.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3628631/manchester-terror-attack-bomber-named-as-salman-abedi/

42Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 18:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wonder if his siblings knew what he was up to, or more importantly failed to speak up? I wonder if we'll ever know?
Furthermore his parents were Libyan refugees, no mother has a terrorist son but every terrorist son has a mother, as the saying goes.
All this shit has only just started. As an adage cockroaches can withstand nuclear fall out, destroy ISIS in its home but the cockroaches will still be there!!

43Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 18:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't change my children for the world, but I wish I could change the world for my children.

44Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 19:53

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whilst I don't agree with some of the comments made which blame an entire religion, I found myself getting very angry at the news this morning and feeling like I needed to see some form of retribution for what had happened.

This feels much different to other terror attacks, perhaps because it is closer to home, or the fact that I knew people who had gone with there young children or maybe because I have children of an age similar to those at the concert.

Sat here now typing this my overriding feeling is one of anger, we live in a tolerant society, however perhaps we need to question just how much we tolerate.

I have never felt this way before however I fear that many others feel the same, perhaps as much as we would like to deny that terrorism can affect us, events like last night will inevitably change society.

Whether the changes are for the better or worse who knows.

45Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 20:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I was at Victoria station in London when the 7/7 attacks took place and I have two sons who were working in London. The closer you are the more it affects you but we shouldn't let these terrible acts change our society.

At the risk of being accused of racism one of the underlying problems we are dealing with is the idea that we should adapt to the culture of immigrants rather than them adapting to our culture. Most immigrants do integrate but there are areas where this has not happened and these are often the areas where some people are most susceptible to extremist Islamic ideas.

Multiculturalism doesn't work to quote former CRE chief Trevor Phillips https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi8mo2J3obUAhXMKcAKHXlEB7wQFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2015%2Fmar%2F16%2Ftrevor-phillips-race-multiculturalism-blog&usg=AFQjCNGCA2bzN43v0_-elkCp0sWTQE4ywQ&sig2=5XQzVFjGfkgjFZTTSxBv7Q

46Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 22:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

47Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

Not surprising.

Bomb maker on the loose.

More to come the authorities are clearly fearing.

As horrific as it was some sick mind cleverly planned and executed this butchery.

Pray we get them before their next attack.

48Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 DAgeFYMXsAAxtZe

49Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Wed May 24 2017, 01:48

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As the security level heightened, we were informed that Operation Temperer had been activated. This allows for military personnel to assist civil powers with armed response. The military types are trained and up to spec so you might see the odd armed pongo floating around. 
I think it's about time we had a very serious chat with Saudi Arabia.

50Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sat May 27 2017, 12:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

Not surprising.

Bomb maker on the loose.

More to come the authorities are clearly fearing.

As horrific as it was some sick mind cleverly planned and executed this butchery.

Pray we get them before their next attack.

The UK terrorism threat level has been reduced from critical to severe, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.
The change indicates an attack is highly likely, not imminently expected.
Soldiers deployed to support the police will be stood down on Monday night, at the close of the bank holiday weekend.
Earlier on Saturday, police evacuated an area of Moss Side in Manchester, in a search linked to Monday's bomb attack at the Manchester Arena which killed 22 people and left scores injured.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069959

I'm guessing that they have caught the bomb maker.

51Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sat May 27 2017, 12:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a bit too premature regardless?

It's only 5days since it happened.

52Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sat May 27 2017, 12:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wish you were right Sluffy, but I suspect that they're pulling in people with connections to the criminal who carried out the bombing. I have a horrible suspicion that the evil men who masterminded it will not be found.

53Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sat May 27 2017, 16:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wouldn't be surprised if the intelligence services have either known more about the people involved/caught, than we have been told, or their processes have been far more efficient than we would have been aware of. Either way, I bet the ones involved were shocked at how quickly they were rounded up. Good in its way, and a warning to future terrorists that they are playing in a very serious world, where anything goes, when it comes to catching them.

54Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sun May 28 2017, 01:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:I think it's about time we had a very serious chat with Saudi Arabia.
Totally agree however the Al Sauds will talk all day long and play the oil card if necessary, but it's the ones they can't control that are equally the problem. Plus the US and others have vested interest in Saudi Arabia so we couldn't really threaten them in isolation. Which brings it back to what Trump does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum