Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newest Winding up Order

+15
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
Kane57
wanderlust
observer
rammywhite
Sluffy
Norpig
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wessy
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
BoltonTillIDie
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 11:13

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wonder if he caved in with HMRC and this personal bond they wanted. That might've been easier now he's got some in the bank to play with

32Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 11:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

33Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 11:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

I don't think Davies ever intends to call in his loan but there are amounts outstanding to Warburton and the ones we sold the car park to - but I think these are 'friendly' loans though - as in I think they would defer payment if Anderson hasn't got it on time.

BM is the one to attend to next.

Thanks Deano!

(plus paying HMRC on time from now on of course).

34Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 11:52

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

I don't think Davies ever intends to call in his loan but there are amounts outstanding to Warburton and the ones we sold the car park to - but I think these are 'friendly' loans though - as in I think they would defer payment if Anderson hasn't got it on time.

Thanks Deano!

Last I heard, part of the conditions of the sale was that Eddie will get x amount depending on the success of the club. Could be wrong though.

35Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 12:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Deano!

Last I heard, part of the conditions of the sale was that Eddie will get x amount depending on the success of the club. Could be wrong though.

No, you are not wrong but I believe the targets set for success of the club was a return to the Premier League with 5 years (iirc).

I doubt we will be doing that but you never know!

Very Happy

36Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 12:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Deano!

No, you are not wrong but I believe the targets set for success of the club was a return to the Premier League with 5 years (iirc).

I doubt we will be doing that but you never know!

Very Happy

I would take finishing 4th from bottom this season. After our unprecedented start, that would be a huge accomplishment (especially when the touts had us 1500:1 to be relegated)!  We are far from being safe... and I hope we can get some results against the top clubs we will be playing in the next two weeks.

37Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well at least we know where some of the Madine money has gone now.

38Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 13:51

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

started listening to talksport, and apparently simon jordan is looking to get back into football and acquire a new club.............

39Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 13:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are far too Northern for that spiv...

40Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:started listening to talksport, and apparently simon jordan is looking to get back into football and acquire a new club.............
He was on the radio a few weeks ago and during the course of the interview mentioned that the idea of taking on a northern club "where the club is almost like a religion to the fans" was an interesting challenge, so this might not be as far-fetched as it at first seems.

41Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 14:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:He was on the radio a few weeks ago and during the course of the interview mentioned that the idea of taking on a northern club "where the club is almost like a religion to the fans" was an interesting challenge, so this might not be as far-fetched as it at first seems.

He didn't mean armchair religion.

42Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The HMRC debt was over £2 million so that's a chunk gone.
Still no sign of breaking even if Ken's still selling assets to cover running costs, but we'll have to wait and see if and when recent accounts are published.

43Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Well at least we know where some of the Madine money has gone now.

Maybe not!

Tweet from Iles -

I understand the HMRC debt was paid by Wanderers a few weeks ago (mid-January) just to temper some of the conspiracy theories. #bwfc

44Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 15:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't care where it came from, Its paid.

45Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 15:04

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Well at least we know where some of the Madine money has gone now.

Maybe not!

Tweet from Iles -

I understand the HMRC debt was paid by Wanderers a few weeks ago (mid-January) just to temper some of the conspiracy theories. #bwfc

He's a good man is uncle Ken. Wink

46Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 18:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

COMMENT: Wanderers pay HMRC tax bill - let's get back to talking football

WANDERERS are officially straight with the taxman – and long may it continue.
Deputy registrar Tina Kyriakides dismissed the latest, and hopefully last, winding-up petition from HMRC at a Companies Court hearing in London this morning.
Detail on the size of the debt was scant, although we know part of the reason for the petition being delayed and adjourned for the last few months had been because Ken Anderson successfully haggled down a ‘bond’ which had been requested by the Inland Revenue as security against future payments.

We have also learned the bill was paid in full a few weeks ago, and was not linked with the recent sale of Gary Madine to Cardiff City.
Ever since the true scale of Wanderers’ financial problems first came to light at the end of 2015, under the previous regime, the club’s loyal fan-base has had to undergo a crash course in accountancy to get to grips with what was happening at their club.
But whether they like it or not, the ordeal has changed it forever.
Phil Parkinson spoke earlier this week about progression, investment in young players, building up the financial base once again. Yet even he admitted the Whites would have to generate cash through player sales, as they have done with Madine, to achieve stability.
Wanderers are no longer bankrolled in such a way that they can ignore big offers, as they had in the past. We will only know at the end of the season what effect the timing of Madine’s sale had on the club’s fortunes. At the very least, funds raised should guarantee there are no further financial problems to act as a distraction.

If Bolton are to progress in the way Parkinson hopes then the first step is to secure Championship survival against the odds; no mean feat, but entirely possible with the kind of gutsy performance we witnessed at the Macron against Bristol City on Friday night.
After that, Anderson has bigger financial challenges to face over the summer.
It would be a brave man to back against the Wanderers chairman and his advisors, who have thus far come up trumps. Some may question his methodology in cutting costs and overheads, yet few can doubt its effectiveness.

The club’s financial accounts – currently being prepared – should make interesting reading and may give an indication of how extensive Anderson’s rebuilding job has been and where Madine’s funds may be needed.
Questions about a potential sale will also be posed, especially if Championship football is guaranteed. But they can be put on hold for now.
Right now fans will settle for not seeing the name of this grand old football club on a court list again. Pack your accountancy textbooks away, it is finally time to concentrate on the football.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed 7 Feb - 18:24

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:COMMENT: Wanderers pay HMRC tax bill - let's get back to talking football

WANDERERS are officially straight with the taxman – and long may it continue.
Deputy registrar Tina Kyriakides dismissed the latest, and hopefully last, winding-up petition from HMRC at a Companies Court hearing in London this morning.
Detail on the size of the debt was scant, although we know part of the reason for the petition being delayed and adjourned for the last few months had been because Ken Anderson successfully haggled down a ‘bond’ which had been requested by the Inland Revenue as security against future payments.

We have also learned the bill was paid in full a few weeks ago, and was not linked with the recent sale of Gary Madine to Cardiff City.
Ever since the true scale of Wanderers’ financial problems first came to light at the end of 2015, under the previous regime, the club’s loyal fan-base has had to undergo a crash course in accountancy to get to grips with what was happening at their club.
But whether they like it or not, the ordeal has changed it forever.
Phil Parkinson spoke earlier this week about progression, investment in young players, building up the financial base once again. Yet even he admitted the Whites would have to generate cash through player sales, as they have done with Madine, to achieve stability.
Wanderers are no longer bankrolled in such a way that they can ignore big offers, as they had in the past. We will only know at the end of the season what effect the timing of Madine’s sale had on the club’s fortunes. At the very least, funds raised should guarantee there are no further financial problems to act as a distraction.

If Bolton are to progress in the way Parkinson hopes then the first step is to secure Championship survival against the odds; no mean feat, but entirely possible with the kind of gutsy performance we witnessed at the Macron against Bristol City on Friday night.
After that, Anderson has bigger financial challenges to face over the summer.
It would be a brave man to back against the Wanderers chairman and his advisors, who have thus far come up trumps. Some may question his methodology in cutting costs and overheads, yet few can doubt its effectiveness.

The club’s financial accounts – currently being prepared – should make interesting reading and may give an indication of how extensive Anderson’s rebuilding job has been and where Madine’s funds may be needed.
Questions about a potential sale will also be posed, especially if Championship football is guaranteed. But they can be put on hold for now.
Right now fans will settle for not seeing the name of this grand old football club on a court list again. Pack your accountancy textbooks away, it is finally time to concentrate on the football.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just stick £6M on Bolton to survive uncle Ken, that would give us enough money to pay off the outstanding BM debts.

48Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Thu 7 Feb - 22:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Winding up order has been served by hmrc

49Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Thu 7 Feb - 23:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Another Winding up order has been served by hmrc
They'll be coming thick and fast until Anderson does one. 
You heard it first hear - about 2 years ago.

50Newest Winding up Order - Page 3 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Fri 8 Feb - 11:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just in case you're having trouble keeping count, this is the 6th winding up order in 16 months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum