Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALAN HOUGHTON'S FAN'S VIEW: Bolton Wanderers 0 Middlesbrough 3

+4
Sluffy
Wanderers for 45
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Bullshit. The effort just isn't there. No one put their foot in, in days gone by N'Gotty or Taggart would have had Traore in row z within 5 minutes.
Correct. At times he was taking the piss.
Someone needed to take one for the team and give him a whack. Never easy to be quite so confident when you're fearing for your knee caps.
As you can see,I'm not a purist.
They'd have had to have caught him first and they just weren't quick enough, although both Beevers and Robinson had the chance to get to him on the touchline prior to the first goal. Still, booting a player doesn't equate to effort and neither does "putting your foot in". Whether they fell short because of poor mentality, poor managerial instructions or poor athleticism is up for debate but you're implying it's because they weren't trying. For me it was more like racehorses against carthorses with the carthorses unable to get close enough to "put their foot in".

Clearly you've never played regularly as a defender in an eleven a side team.
:rofl:
But the naughty man ran away from the little boy and the big boy couldn't catch him either.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Bullshit. The effort just isn't there. No one put their foot in, in days gone by N'Gotty or Taggart would have had Traore in row z within 5 minutes.
Correct. At times he was taking the piss.
Someone needed to take one for the team and give him a whack. Never easy to be quite so confident when you're fearing for your knee caps.
As you can see,I'm not a purist.
They'd have had to have caught him first and they just weren't quick enough, although both Beevers and Robinson had the chance to get to him on the touchline prior to the first goal. Still, booting a player doesn't equate to effort and neither does "putting your foot in". Whether they fell short because of poor mentality, poor managerial instructions or poor athleticism is up for debate but you're implying it's because they weren't trying. For me it was more like racehorses against carthorses with the carthorses unable to get close enough to "put their foot in".

Clearly you've never played regularly as a defender in an eleven a side team.
:rofl:
But the naughty man ran away from the little boy and the big boy couldn't catch him either.

What the fuck are you on about now?

Is it the one incident you mentioned leading up to the first goal - if so that doesn't cover the other ninety odd minutes of the game???

Beevers job is not to be tackling wide men on the wings - that's Robinson's.

What happened to you Lusty, you were a decent poster at one time now look at the shite you post.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Spot on, how the hell Traore was allowed to ride three challenges and square the ball for the first goal is beyond me, a decent centre half would have put him and the ball in the stand, Beevers barely touched him when he went in for the challenge.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm not sure Derren Brown could motivate this lot.

I suppose he could make a start by telling Pratley that the round thing is a ball.
Laughing

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Traore could have picked their pockets while he was dancing around them!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum