Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley have a new owner

+5
wanderlust
karlypants
Growler
Norpig
y2johnny
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barnsley have a new owner Empty Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 15:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BREAKING: @BarnsleyFC confirm takeover deal has been agreed with consortium led by Chinese billionaire Chien Lee. #SSN

2Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 16:02

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

They was looking at bolton at one point

3Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pisses me off, we must have far more to offer than Barnsley. We have a great stadium with a Hotel and brand new academy, what do Barnsley have?

4Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 16:18

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe an owner who was a supporter and had the football team rather than his bank balance at heart?

5Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 16:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We must be a right laughing stock.

6Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 18:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:Maybe an owner who was a supporter and had the football team rather than his bank balance at heart?
:agree:

7Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 19:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:Maybe an owner who was a supporter and had the football team rather than his bank balance at heart?
Eddie Davies was/is a supporter that went well didn't it.

8Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 21:00

karlypants wrote:We must be a right laughing stock.

Why?

9Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Tue Dec 19 2017, 21:23

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:
Eddie Davies was/is a supporter that went well didn't it.
With friends like Eddie who needs enemies

10Barnsley have a new owner Empty Barnsley takenover. Wed Dec 20 2017, 20:35

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

At about 20 million they got a shit team shit ground shit support in the middle of nowhere. Why are we not being taken over,Best ground in the Championship Hotel,Shit team but we got History.
WTF is going on. Barnsley REALLY?.

11Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Wed Dec 20 2017, 20:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We've been chatting about it on this thread mate.

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t17099-barnsley-have-a-new-owner

Very Happy

12Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Wed Dec 20 2017, 21:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers for 45 wrote:At about 20 million they got a shit team shit ground shit support in the middle of nowhere. Why are we not being taken over,Best ground in the Championship Hotel,Shit team but we got History.
WTF is going on. Barnsley REALLY?.

Maybe this is the thinking behind it perhaps?

Simon Chadwick, a professor of sport enterprise at Salford University, said it was both an "odd" choice and a "strange location" to buy a club when taking into consideration a Chinese government clampdown on "irrational investments", and the number of higher profile teams in the area.
"In the summer there was a statement that from now on all football club purchases should somehow be linked to China's 'one belt, one road' initiative," Chadwick told BBC Sport.
"It is a top-level government strategy that is intended to open up trade routes between China and the rest of the world. When we talk about 'one belt, one road', we are talking trade routes, oil and gas and about possibly real estate opportunities.
"This suggests that this relates to real estate or to Lee's portfolio of tourism businesses. So far he has used football as a way of promoting and developing his tourism empire."

Chadwick added: "This is not a random purchase; it is not a sugar-daddy purchase; it is not a vanity purchase. There will be very clear economic and strategic reasons for buying the club.
"There is not just interest in football, but interests in broader industrial, economic and commercial opportunities beyond that.
"Getting to the Premier League will be important but in my experience of the Chinese and their investors, football is a means to an end, not an end in itself."
The HS2 rail line through South Yorkshire, a multi-million pound retail scheme in the town and a drive to boost tourism in the area in the coming years all "fit the bill" according to Chadwick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42426661

13Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Thu Dec 21 2017, 16:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And not fotgetting that rare delicacy Sluffy, the Barnsley Chop!

14Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Thu Dec 21 2017, 18:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:And not fotgetting that rare delicacy Sluffy, the Barnsley Chop!
As I am a meat lover, you are going to have to tell me more! Very Happy

15Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Thu Dec 21 2017, 18:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:And not fotgetting that rare delicacy Sluffy, the Barnsley Chop!

A Barnsley Chop is like what lamb chops actually look like before they are cut up to be sold as chops - see picture below - it's like two (what we think as 'normal' chops) chops glued together at the base, if you see what I mean.

Barnsley have a new owner Barnsley-chop

Here's a BBC (Hairy Bikers) recipe that you might like to try -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/barnsley_chops_with_60141

16Barnsley have a new owner Empty Re: Barnsley have a new owner Fri Dec 22 2017, 11:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:

A Barnsley Chop is like what lamb chops actually look like before they are cut up to be sold as chops - see picture below - it's like two (what we think as 'normal' chops) chops glued together at the base, if you see what I mean.

Barnsley have a new owner Barnsley-chop

Here's a BBC (Hairy Bikers) recipe that you might like to try -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/barnsley_chops_with_60141
Cheers Sluffy. Looks like what a chop should be like! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum