Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stats that Prove Parkinson is doing just fine for now

+6
finlaymcdanger
observer
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
wessy
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:With some fresh legs in and Madine still on board, I think Parkinson can get us out of the bottom 3 by February. Our 2017 results, roughly split down the middle, showed considerable improvement.

Games 1-12:
W

Games 13-25:
W W W W

With continued improvement our January fixtures don't seem too daunting:
Hull City (H)
Brentford (A)
Ipswich Town (H)
Cardiff City (A)
If we beat HULL we will be out of the bottom three tomorrow.

Sadly probably another draw at best.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The stats for the second half of the season do indeed show we're currently doing well overall but we were so far behind after 11 games, it's taken a great set of results just to get us back from oblivion. At this stage of the season, all the teams at the bottom seem capable of picking up points so get out of the mire, this form has to continue right to the end.
Consistency hasn't been our most obvious trait and I often think that after a good win, complacency tends to set in so I'm worried about the Hull game, but at least we're in the mix which I don't think any of us would have imagined after 11 games and 2 points. 
I'm wondering if Parky will stick to 352 for the home game.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the formation for tomorrow will very much depend on injuries, if everyone is back then I expect the usual formation.  If not then I guess we’d try the same as the last match

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ameobi has broken a nail.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ameobi has broken a nail.
Do you have the name of the hospital so we can send him a get well card?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's in The Beaumont.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been a good week for Parky. First he changed the system and players for the Sheff U game and we scraped a win and then he changed it again for the Hull match. He's shown he can mix it up a bit and get the performances needed to grind out the results.

Three tough games coming up in January: Brentford away, Ipswich at home and then Cardiff away so he'd going to have to show a bit more to keep us out of the bottom three. We'll see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum