Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh That's Alright Then

+12
wessy
Reebok Trotter
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
Bollotom2014
okocha
wanderlust
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Oh That's Alright Then - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh That's Alright Then Fri Jan 12 2018, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Raise taxes to pay for it, we pay less for healthcare than any other country in the OECD that needs to change.

If the Tories were to raise taxes significantly enough to fully support the NHS, people would be up in arms about it, and Labour would win the next election by a landslide.

People don't appreciate the NHS until they need it. So while Tony, who is having chemotherapy, doesn't mind having an extra 100 quid a month taken from his pay packet, Nigel who is perfectly healthy thinks it's a disgrace.

And that's the problem with society as a whole, they are greedy and only care how things affect them. I'd support any government that made some tough decisions, but none of them are brave enough.

82Oh That's Alright Then - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh That's Alright Then Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:04

I agree with you, I think Labour are brave enough to raise taxes though. They promised it in their manifesto, which was voted for by millions. 

There’s an appetite for big change in this country.

83Oh That's Alright Then - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh That's Alright Then Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said on here recently i would be prepared to pay a bit more tax to have a properly funded NHS as long as it was ring fenced just for the NHS and i stand by that.
We just can't stand by and let the Tory Government run it down to even worse levels and then use that as an excuse to privatise it.

84Oh That's Alright Then - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh That's Alright Then Fri Jan 12 2018, 17:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

One point defenders of this government never respond to is the simple fact that we spend significantly less on health services than virtually all European countries (and far less than the USA). Why?

It can't be because we are far more efficient otherwise we wouldn't have all those missed targets and people suffering.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum