Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brentford 2-0 Bolton

+8
observer
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 13:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Having spoken to a few fans who went to the game I get the impression that most pretty much accept the defeat as getting beaten by a better side as though it was to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. I could go along with this if we were comfortably mid table with no relegation worries, but under the circumstances - and despite having a few injuries to cope with - I just don't think it was good enough. Three of our next 4 games are at home but they are against Ipswich, Bristol City and Fulham (12th, 5th and 8th currently) with an away trip to Cardiff (3rd) thrown in. Should we accept defeat against all of them who are clearly better sides than us? I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.
One of my sons put some positive spin on our position by saying we are in a mini-league of 6 teams who are all within 5 points of each other for relegation so as only 3 get relegated we have a 50% chance of survival. Add to that the fact that we are currently out of the bottom three and the possibility of other teams getting dragged into to it and there is a statistical case to say we have more chance of surviving than going down. This is BWFC though. If there's a chance of cocking it up, we'll take it.
Sort it out Parky.
One of my friends is a Brentford supporter and he said we played better than most of the clubs they have faced... and the Brentford crowd was very impressed by Antonee Robinson.  They also thought that Madine put in a great shift up front.  We may have lost, but the lads put in a shift.  We still need help finishing... very poor indeed there.  Alnwick kept us in the game... again.

32Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 14:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Having spoken to a few fans who went to the game I get the impression that most pretty much accept the defeat as getting beaten by a better side as though it was to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. I could go along with this if we were comfortably mid table with no relegation worries, but under the circumstances - and despite having a few injuries to cope with - I just don't think it was good enough. Three of our next 4 games are at home but they are against Ipswich, Bristol City and Fulham (12th, 5th and 8th currently) with an away trip to Cardiff (3rd) thrown in. Should we accept defeat against all of them who are clearly better sides than us? I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.
One of my sons put some positive spin on our position by saying we are in a mini-league of 6 teams who are all within 5 points of each other for relegation so as only 3 get relegated we have a 50% chance of survival. Add to that the fact that we are currently out of the bottom three and the possibility of other teams getting dragged into to it and there is a statistical case to say we have more chance of surviving than going down. This is BWFC though. If there's a chance of cocking it up, we'll take it.
Sort it out Parky.
One of my friends is a Brentford supporter and he said we played better than most of the clubs they have faced... and the Brentford crowd was very impressed by Antonee Robinson.  They also thought that Madine put in a great shift up front.  We may have lost, but the lads put in a shift.  We still need help finishing... very poor indeed there.  Alnwick kept us in the game... again.
Or kept the score down to a respectable level.

33Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.

No one expected us to win at Brentford, especially after they trounced us at home.

We don't need to get points from every game, if we took 4 from every 9 points we'd stay up.

34Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.

No one expected us to win at Brentford, especially after they trounced us at home.

We don't need to get points from every game, if we took 4 from every 9 points we'd stay up.

Not quite - that would give us 49/50 and Blackburn were relegated with 51 last season. Anyhow, there isn't a single game this season that we can genuinely expect to win (hope maybe) so the same applies to Brentford as it does every remaining game - none should be written off as "getting beaten by a better team".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum