Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I love Goooooooals!

+10
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
wanderlust
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1I love Goooooooals! Empty I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 09:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After Tuesday's defeat to Cardiff, I fear the sale of Gary Madine will ultimately prove to be very costly. Of the 270 minutes played since he left we've only had 7 shots on target.

Our 4 strikers have scored a combined total of 2 league goals for Bolton this season and contributed only 1 assist.

Le Fondre
Goals: 2
Assists: 0

Wilbraham
Goals: 0
Assists: 1

Walker
Goals: 3 (Forest)
Assists: 1 (Forest)

Clough
Goals: 0
Assists: 0

Sammy Ameobi, our highest goalscorer this season with 4 from midfield, may well chip in with a couple more before the season is out but he's going to have to up his game with only a single assist so far.

Fingers crossed we bag 4 today and you're all able to call me a wanker in the comments below but Nat's Rob Earnshaw obsession is looking more and more appealing to me.

2I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 10:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jesus I simply can't believe how many negative souls we have on here!

Yes, no doubt your details are correct but look at the context man.

In the last three games we played three of the four teams that sit in the playoff positions - with the top six in our league being points clear of the rest of the league.  It's not out of the question that Cardiff who beat us might go up to the Premier League as runner up to Wolves with Fulham or Bristol City (both of whom we took points off remember) joining them via the play off final.

As for goooooooals - we've played one up front for half a season and due for whatever reason from starting the season and playing to the end of September without a recognised defensive midfielder in our entire squad (until we signed Henry) managed to get only two points up to that stage.

Consequently it has been about clawing our way back to the rest of the league ever since by concentrating on not losing first and clinging on the best we can when we do score a goal or two (not always successfully either) thereafter.

If we've based virtually our entire season until the end of January on one man up front - then sell him - is it any wonder the rest of our strikers who have barely played at all this season have hardly any goals or assists to their names???

Christ mate get a grip.

We'll be fine as long as we keep battling and believing in ourselves.

3I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 10:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My context is based around facts, 'man'. Yours is to be a condescending prick as usual. 

It's you who needs to get a grip. You should start a cult not a forum.

4I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Jesus I simply can't believe how many negative souls we have on here!

Yes, no doubt your details are correct but look at the context man.

In the last three games we played three of the four teams that sit in the playoff positions - with the top six in our league being points clear of the rest of the league.  It's not out of the question that Cardiff who beat us might go up to the Premier League as runner up to Wolves with Fulham or Bristol City (both of whom we took points off remember) joining them via the play off final.

As for goooooooals - we've played one up front for half a season and due for whatever reason from starting the season and playing to the end of September without a recognised defensive midfielder in our entire squad (until we signed Henry) managed to get only two points up to that stage.

Consequently it has been about clawing our way back to the rest of the league ever since by concentrating on not losing first and clinging on the best we can when we do score a goal or two (not always successfully either) thereafter.

If we've based virtually our entire season until the end of January on one man up front - then sell him - is it any wonder the rest of our strikers who have barely played at all this season have hardly any goals or assists to their names???

Christ mate get a grip.

We'll be fine as long as we keep battling and believing in ourselves.

And you wonder why posters have left.

5I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 11:26

Selling Madine without a replacement lined up was a huge gamble - can’t blame Ken for taking the money but it’s a big ask for Parky to keep us up without an out and out striker in the team. Pleased he’s opted for Ameobi/Alf/Clough/Walker rather than just lumping to wilbraham. 

Parky has had key players taken out of his side throughout his time with us, through injury or sales, and has been flexible enough to get by. Keeping us up would be a miracle, but he’s proved a lot of his doubters wrong so far, I think he can do the same again.

Ignore Sluffy, if you’re not part of the fan club he goes out of his way to disagree. It’s a good topic worth posting.

6I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 11:38

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry sluffy but that was harsh. This is a forum. Fin has never been derogatory or controversial at all.  He has started a post based on the facts so far so others can share their opinions but youve turned it into a battle with only the second post on here.

For what its worth whilst i agree with the facts there so far fin, i think we are better off without madine.  Cardiff was never going to be an easy game and today will be no different.  Our strength is our home form and i think with the players we have we can still secure safety this season.

The key is using wide players and ameobi effectively.  Plus our full backs pushing forward too especially if we have "5" at the back and two defensive midfielders.

I think cloughy and walker between them will score 6 to 10 goals for the remainder of the season.  Starting with one of them with the second coming on once the defence is tired.

7I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The truth of the matter is that Madine was the focal point of the attack and his real value was him winning so many headers and knock downs rather than his goals so without him we have to play differently and our success or failure will depend on making the new system work. At this point we don't know if there's a real cutting edge to that system so it's in the balance.
What concerns me more is if the new strike force turns out to be impotent, will Parky play Wilbraham in an attempt to recreate what he had with Madine? 
It's not inconceivable seeing as he is one of several players who need to find some form and step up if we are to compete with this squad. I'm looking at you in particular Clough - please stop hitting it straight at the goalie.

8I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 12:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fin made a decent point. Sluffy's reply was unnecessary,and patronizing.

9I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Stop being little girls!

Some proper facts for you.

Today will be our 32nd league game this season.

The league stats of the four strikers who haven't done it for us this season apparently.

Wilbraham - starts 0, minutes on the pitch 103.
Le Fondre - starts 4, minutes on the pitch 619, goals 2.
Walker - starts 1, minutes on the pitch 63.
Clough - starts 1, minutes on the pitch 112.

So between the four of them they average 1.5 starts over and 223.5 minutes (or just short of two and a half games!!!) each - and that is over 31 games!!!

How then can that be even remotely considered to be 'a decent point' based on pertinent facts???

It comes to something when Wanderlust grasps the issue whilst the rest of you are lead up a garden path.

The simple fact is that up to Madine going we basically only played one way with no other striker featuring.

Madine's gone and something must change now.

As what's gone before didn't include the other four strikers to any extent it therefore follows that what they have contributed to that point (ie nothing much) can form the basis of what they may well contribute in the future.

QED.

Since Mardine left we have played 3 teams that will end the season in the playoffs or better - and beat one and drew with another of them!

Do I think those three games will extrapolate into how our season will go from now on - no I don't.

Yet those three actual results are more relevant than the ridiculous point Fin is making which equates to the four strikers playing an equivalent of just 2.5 Bolton matches each themselves!!!

If people want to look for negativity then go ahead but don't come bitching when someone like me or even Wanderlust shoots them down with plain common sense!

10I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:33

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Wilbraham - starts 0, minutes on the pitch 103.

Very Happy

Thanks for reinforcing my concerns, Sluffy. It's even more alarming put this way.

Fingers crossed they can make a big impact today.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:50; edited 1 time in total

11I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:50

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust shoots them down with plain common sense!
:rofl:

12I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we'll score 3+ today Very Happy

13I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:

Very Happy

Thanks for reinforcing my concerns, Sluffy. It's even more concerning put this way.

I hope they do - we all do - but to make out there's little or no hope for us based on the almost non chance of strikers other than Madine, to prove themselves so far this season, is akin to saying we are going to have a shit season based on how we did in our 3 or 4 warmup games before the season even started.

14I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:58

Nobody has an issue with disagreeing. It’s the condescension that comes with it.

15I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust shoots them down with plain common sense!
:rofl:
Nearly choked on my sausage when I read that.
And before you ask, I've been doing yoga for over 40 years.

16I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:14

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Very Happy

Thanks for reinforcing my concerns, Sluffy. It's even more concerning put this way.

I hope they do - we all do - but to make out there's little or no hope for us based on the almost non chance of strikers other than Madine, to prove themselves so far this season, is akin to saying we are going to have a shit season based on how we did in our 3 or 4 warmup games before the season even started.

I didn’t say that though did I? You did.

You’re just twisting my words again in your latest little personal attack on me because you still associate me with Breadman.

Next up... you’ll be telling me that I can leave the forum again if I don’t like it.

Focus your angry old man bullshit somewhere else will you? I’m sure you have many targets.

17I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:17

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm off to play with my dolls and kitchen play set.

18I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I'm off to play with my dolls and kitchen play set.
Me too. Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm off to play with something as well, it will relax me before the game.

20I love Goooooooals! Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 14:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Nobody has an issue with disagreeing. It’s the condescension that comes with it.

Get over yourself.

That's how I write and always have done over the many years you've known me on the forums.

I have no intention of being condescending to anyone at anytime.

Learn to live with it like I've learned to live with your eagerness to consistently argue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum