Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Reading 1-1 Bolton

Reading 1-1 Bolton

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Reading 1-1 Bolton on Sun Mar 04 2018, 13:45

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Given Parkinson's inability to set us up away and more often than not zero shots, I can't see much here, still think a draw is possible though.

0-0

2 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Sun Mar 04 2018, 13:46

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How was your LGBT Awareness course Martin?

3 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Sun Mar 04 2018, 13:48

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How was your LGBT Awareness course Martin?
I learnt that it must be tough for you.

4 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Sun Mar 04 2018, 14:57

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Tights can be tricky.

5 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Mon Mar 05 2018, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sounds like Ameobi has a bad back and won't play tomorrow.

Wessy will be crying into his beer.

6 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Mon Mar 05 2018, 18:39

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
if he doesn't play most Bolton fans will be disappointed because he's our biggest asset so it's a no brainer.

7 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Mon Mar 05 2018, 18:50

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sometimes the best team selections come about because of injury to supposed key players.

8 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Mon Mar 05 2018, 20:32

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I'll be happy with a draw on this one

9 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 08:18

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: James Linington to run the rule over Reading trip

James Linington will oversee Wanderers’ trip to Reading on Tuesday night.
Having taken charge of his first second tier match back in January 2009, the Newport-based official has run the rule over two Whites fixtures in the past.

The man in the middle for Bolton's 1-1 draw with Queens Park Rangers at Macron Stadium earlier this season, he also oversaw the Trotters' last trip to the Madejski Stadium back in November 2015.

Mr Linington has overseen 32 games so far this season, dishing out 105 yellow cards and five reds.

Mark Russell and Steven Meredith will run the line, while Brendan Malone is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 09:23

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hope we show some ambition tonight. This is winnable,and would be a massive shot in the arm.

Probably get rolled over 3-0. Crying or Very sad

11 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 12:22

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I'm going to this game tonight, and think I'm going to see a dynamic, thrusting, forward-thinking team, and just hoping we can still put them on their arse  Very Happy.
They have 3 players returning to the team tonight, so hopefully, they will be as (dis)organised as us.

12 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:15

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You did say you were going to our game didn't you Glos?  Very Happy

13 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 16:32

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Have another read Mr Pig, and you will see that I'm referring to Reading, initially, but there's always hope.  Very Happy

14 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 18:52

Sluffy

Admin
From Iles blog -

6:27pm

Hearing there will be some big changes to the side tonight. I understand that David Wheater has NOT travelled.

6:36pm

Going to be an interesting line-up... Lads are on the pitch and a few interesting faces. Parkinson currently talking to Karl Henry.

Mark Little also getting the chat, which I think means he starts.

6:37pm

Harry Charsley and Connor Hall also down there.

6:47pm

After a nose around and a check on the players who are here, I think the team will be...

Alnwick; Little, Burke, Beevers, Robinson; Kirchhoff, Henry, Morais, Pratley, Clough; Wilbraham.

Entirely guesswork, of course.

15 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:02

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:03

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Not a clue how that team lines up.

17 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:09

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Not a clue how that team lines up.

4-1-4-1 is my guess

Alnwick

Flanagan and Taylor fullbacks

Burke and Beevers centre backs.

Henry defensive mid

Pratley and Kirchoff attacking mid

Morais and Buckley wide

Alf lone striker.

18 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:18

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I now support Reading. Come on you Royals!!

19 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:19

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Lucky dip. He’s going for the new manager effect by switching it up, re-motivating the squad, and catching the opposition out.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:22; edited 1 time in total

20 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:20

Sluffy

Admin
Reading giving a debut to a 17 year old centre back - Tom Holmes.

Also their keeper only making his second ever Champioship start - his debut was at the Macron this season.

21 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:24

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Flanagan winner I can see it now

22 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was joking earlier in the week when I suggested Parky was picking names out of a hat. Looking at that team I think my original post was correct.

It's a sad day for BWFC now that Twatface is going to get a start. From tomorrow I will be looking for a new league club to follow.

23 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:32

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:34

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Praying for the Bolton win. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

25 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:38

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Kirchoff Must have impressed. I think Parky fancies this 

26 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 21:59

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Great point, could have easily won that. Wilbraham should not have been subbed on over Clough.

27 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:00

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Reading 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

Adam Le Fondre returned to his old hunting ground to earn Bolton Wanderers a point after coming from behind against Reading at the Madjeski Stadium.

In truth the visitors can count themselves unlucky not to have claimed all three points as they dominated possession and proceedings against the lacklustre Royals.

Mo Barrow scored against the run of play to put the hosts in the driving seat but Le Fondre, who was a constant thorn in the side of his former club, equalised on the stroke of half time.

A new look Wanderers controlled play but were unable to force home what would have been a deserved winner.

Team News

Jan Kirchhoff and Jon Flanagan were handed their first starts in Wanderers colours as manager Phil Parkinson rang the changes for the Sky Bet Championship clash against Reading at the Madejski Stadium.

Only four players retained their starting roles from the weekend’s defeat against Preston with Andrew Taylor, Adam Le Fondre, Will Buckley, Karl Henry and Reece Burke joining the two debutants.

Henry, returned from a two-game suspension to bolster the midfield alongside captain Darren Pratley. There was no place in the squad for David Wheater, Sammy Ameobi, Josh Vela and Tyler Walker who all featured in Wanderers’ previous match.

First Half

The visitors opened the game in a positive manner earning an early corner after some good work on the right hand side by Filipe Morais.

In fact, Wanderers had the majority of possession during the opening exchanges with play largely centred in Reading’s third of the pitch.

A slip in the box from 17 year-old debutant Tom Holmes give Adam Le Fondre a double chance but his strikes were cleared much to the relief of the youngster.

The play shifted to the other end of the park and a misplaced pass from Morais almost let in Chris Martin whose effort landed on the roof of the Wanderers net.

That opening seemed to spark the Royals into life and they won a free kick on the edge of the box after Pratley tripped up Liam Kelly. Aluko took the free-kick but blazed high and wide over the bar.

A stunning save from Annssi Jaakkola kept out Le Fondre whose powerful drive seemed destined for the top corner but for the fingertips of the goalkeeper.

Yet another mistake from the Reading midfield let in Le Fondre who charged on goal with only the keeper to beat; however, his left footed strike went over the bar.

However, it was the Royals who took the lead through Mo Barrow who cantered down the right hand side shrugging off a couple of challenges to shoot past Alnwick from a tight angle.

Wanderers had another golden chance to get on the scoresheer just before the break but Buckley hesitated near the penalty spot to allow a Reading defender to clear for a corner.

But the miss mattered not for less than 60 seconds later Le Fondre atoned for his earlier misses to bundle the ball home after beating his marker to get to Morais’ cross on the cusp of half time.

Second Half

The visitors, who were backed by a vociferous travelling support of 484 fans, earned an early corner after the restart which Morais pumped into the box. Although Jaakola got a flailing fist to it the Royals struggled to get rid of the ball which left Wanderers on the front foot for a while, eventually earning another corner.

Alnwick made a brave save – taking a full blooded knock to the chest – to prevent Barrow from charging down on goal.

A good passage of play, with some fluid passing, saw Taylor enjoy a chance from distance. His right-footed volley wasn’t that far away either!

Wanderers were again taking control of the match thanks to their powerhouse midfield which was superbly marshalled by Kirchhoff.

Parkinson made his first change with Noone coming on for Morais after 66 minutes.

Four minutes later and Karacan replaced the impressive Kirchhoff.

Le Fondre with his back to goal swung around and wasn’t too far away from testing Jaakkola.

Wanderers made their final change with ten minutes remaining when Buckley made way for Wilbraham.

The changes saw Wanderers gather the initiative once again and they won a series of corners to turn up the heat on Reading as they strove for a winner.

Alnwick was pressed into making a routine save from substitute John Swift as the hosts had a rare foray into the Wanderers half.

Noone had a strike on goal after Beevers broke in the final third but the sub hit his shot straight at Jaakkola.

A late surge from Reading saw them win a corner in the dying embers of the game but the Wanderers defence held firm.

Sadly, that elusive goal didn’t come and Wanderers had to settle for the point. However, their performance was immeasurably better than Saturday’s contest against Preston and with Sheffield Wednesday on their travels at the weekend, Parkinson will be hoping for more of the same.

Full Time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:05

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Reading where the poorest team I've seen this season (apart from Bolton).

29 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:06

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Good point but was sweating on a Bolton winner would have landed £187 on win/score treble.
Great results tonight a win would have been massive.

30 Re: Reading 1-1 Bolton on Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We're a better team without Ameobi & Vela. Far more possession because someone isn't doing silly flicks on the halfway line.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum