Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reading 2-1 Bolton

+6
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 17:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reading not happy bunnies apparently...

Reading FC: League One club docked three points for failing to deposit wages

League One Reading have been docked three points after their owner failed to deposit enough money into an account for the club's monthly wage bill.

Owner Dai Yongge was told by the EFL in August to put 125% of the wage bill into a designated account by Tuesday.

The EFL said he failed to meet the deadline which triggered the suspended points deduction with immediate effect.

The Royals, who have now been docked four points in total this season, drop to 21st in the table on two points.

Reading have said Chinese businessmen Dai remains "committed" to the Royals and is still actively looking for new investors to help provide financial stability at the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 17:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Reading not happy bunnies apparently...

Reading FC: League One club docked three points for failing to deposit wages

League One Reading have been docked three points after their owner failed to deposit enough money into an account for the club's monthly wage bill.

Owner Dai Yongge was told by the EFL in August to put 125% of the wage bill into a designated account by Tuesday.

The EFL said he failed to meet the deadline which triggered the suspended points deduction with immediate effect.

The Royals, who have now been docked four points in total this season, drop to 21st in the table on two points.

Reading have said Chinese businessmen Dai remains "committed" to the Royals and is still actively looking for new investors to help provide financial stability at the club.

I'm praying Reading get Livfast, the automotive battery company, on board as sponsors. Very Happy

3Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 17:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Separating the good news from the bad at struggling Reading
By Tim Dellor
BBC Radio Berkshire Sports Editor

A year is a long time in football.

Reading have lost four of their six games in League One and have sunk towards the wrong end of the very early season table. At the same stage last season they were top of the Championship, Paul Ince was being nominated as EFL Championship manager of the month, and with Sheffield United and Norwich, Reading looked the team to watch.

The story of what has gone wrong at the club since then is longer than War and Peace. Had Leo Tolstoy instead written about the downfall of Reading FC critics would have labelled it as farcical.

The downfall was triggered by another less celebrated Russian - Anton Zingarevich - way back in the heady summer of 2012. Since then, and the days of the Premier League, there has been a steady slide. Naturally, fans cling on to any shred of optimism available, but there is no real evidence the club has reached its lowest point.

A team in transition?

This season there have been several abrupt U-turns, in an effort to reverse fortunes. Offloading talismanic striker Andy Carroll is one example. Having built the tactics around him, and allowed him to be the leading personality in the dressing room, it's been decided that did not work. Unfortunately it was obvious that wasn't working a year ago, but the management stubbornly persevered far too long.

Veering from a manager with a glowing playing CV, gut instinct and charisma, to a modern rookie sports scientist with more academic qualifications than a rocket scientist is another example. Frequently last season at least six of the first team were over 30 years old. Now six are frequently teenagers. Fans often trot out the "team in transition" cliché. "Transition" is football speak for "not very good".

Protect valuable academy players

The young team that manager Ruben Selles puts out each week are well drilled and exciting. They are full of energy, flair and inhibition, and a good proportion of them will have terrific careers.

Selles is doing the correct thing, because it is the only way out the mire for Reading in the long term. Pump up the value of talents like Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan, Nelson Abbey, Tyler Bindon and Amadou Mbengue, sell them to stay inside Profitability and Sustainability rules, and begin again. The rising stars from the academy are by far the most important at the club now.

For fans, it is draining being a helpless bystander. They've watched the crash happen but haven't been able to do anything about it. They stoically trail around the League One circuit, hoping the slide has come to an end, but knowing it probably hasn't, seeing positives on the bleakest of matchdays, trying to stay upbeat despite defeat after defeat.

Reading haven't won an away league fixture since last November, a remarkable run of 15 winless games. If that is a "transition" period, Reading fans would not recommend it to other clubs.

4Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 18:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I'm praying Reading get Livfast, the automotive battery company, on board as sponsors. Very Happy

I would have thought Kindle would have been the obvious sponsors...

Think about it if you don't get it the first time!

5Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 18:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get it but still think Livfast-Dai Yongge is a better match.

6Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Wed Sep 13 2023, 22:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect we'll see the backlash from Reading over their points deduction.

I also suspect Charles won't start.

2-1 to Reading.

7Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Thu Sep 14 2023, 09:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I suspect we'll see the backlash from Reading over their points deduction.

I also suspect Charles won't start.

2-1 to Reading.
Yes it will be interesting to see how the players react Nat but also the crowd because I don’t think it will take much for their frustration to show. 

Why do you suspect Charles won’t start, I’ve not heard of any injuries?

Reading 0 Wanderers 2

8Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Thu Sep 14 2023, 11:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Why do you suspect Charles won’t start, I’ve not heard of any injuries?

Evans has left him out before after he played a couple of away games for Northern Ireland.

9Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Fri Sep 15 2023, 08:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ndlundulu and Jerome up top for this one for me. We need to be dynamic up top and have a lot of pace on the break.

10Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Fri Sep 15 2023, 08:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ndlundulu and Jerome up top for this one for me. We need to be dynamic up top and have a lot of pace on the break.

You just said Nlundulu was shit in the Gary Madine thread! Very Happy

11Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Fri Sep 15 2023, 10:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:

I think there’s an element of sarcasm there Karly, or at least I hope there is? 🥴

12Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Fri Sep 15 2023, 10:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I think there’s an element of sarcasm there Karly, or at least I hope there is? 🥴

Of course, it’s Hipster! Very Happy

13Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Fri Sep 15 2023, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ndlundulu and Jerome up top for this one for me. We need to be dynamic up top and have a lot of pace on the break.

Congrats on getting parole.

14Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 13:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Nat. Don’t know why I was fingered in the first place.

15Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 14:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

16Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

17Reading 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 16:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse