Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reading 2-1 Bolton

+6
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 17:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did we win? I’m confused

22Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 17:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry we lost  2-1 KP.

I was so pissed off, my brain stopped functioning.

23Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 17:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Sorry we lost  2-1 KP.

I was so pissed off, my brain stopped functioning.

Fair enough mate. Bit of a bummer that!

24Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 17:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

Fair enough mate. Bit of a bummer that!
YES!!

We've slid to 7th in the table.

25Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 18:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They deserved it in the end - had 18 shots and overran us towards the end.  If not for Baxter that would have been 3 or 4.
Nowt much to say really - Can't point the blame at anyone on the field. I feel this playing with wing backs all the time or plan A is limiting our options.  No Dapo or Sadlier to come off the bench to grab a goal.
Back down to earth and 7th in the table. I'm naming young George as our man of the match. Something is still missing in that midfield IMO
Onwards to the next one COYWM.

26Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 18:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A hard one to stomach. Had enough chances to make it two, and couldn't make them tell.

Disappointing.

27Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 18:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recruitment has cost us. Simple as that. 

We’ve given deals to players who aren’t good enough. 

Dion, toal maybe santos are the only players who on their day are up to scruff. 

I like morley as well but he’s average. 

We will finish below Wigan this season and that is seriously disappointing

28Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 19:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We always seem to give clubs at the other end of the table a free ride. Evatt must feel sorry for them or something. ::seething2::

29Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 19:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute shite.

That game showed exactly why we're going nowhere under Evans. We're so weak mentally it's unreal, there's absolutely no heart in this squad and bugger all leadership.

Once the equaliser went in you just knew we were going to lose. At 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go Evans should have been bringing on a shithousing midfielder to slow the game down, but of course he's failed to sign one for 3 seasons running. Instead he brings on Jerome and Iredale and we give away two goals.

Our terrible recruitment over the past 12 months is coming home to roost. Vic, Dan & Jerome are awful and the fact they get on before Bod is a disgrace. I'd back Bod to have put away at least one of the chances Vic missed. Thomason did ok, Sheehan & Dempsey anonymous once again. If we had Karl Henry in the midfield we win that game. The defence is pants as well, Toal was an idiot getting himself sent off.

Shazza has clearly stated that promotion is the aim this season. The only way we achieve that is to part ways with Evans and find a manager with a bit of tactical know how, in-game management and a fucking plan B! And sign a whole new team in January.

Evans most definitely out.

30Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 20:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to put another bucket out aka fan investment pot so we can throw as much money as possible at Graham Potter. 

Evatt has done a fantastic job no matter what you think of it but I don’t think he’s going to get us much further than playoffs.

31Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2023, 22:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sun Sep 17 2023, 09:38

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Nat is absolutely right, Evatt just doesn’t have it tactically against better teams. Bolton are good against the crap teams in the league but against a decent team he literally has no clue at all about how to set up and win the game. Back in the day Big Sam could get Bolton to beat teams on paper far superior to us. Evatt is in the same boat as Owen Coyle. Definitely not the man to take Bolton forwards.

33Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sun Sep 17 2023, 11:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading are not a good team.

34Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sun Sep 17 2023, 12:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My opinion fwiw, is that he's got the balance of the team all wrong.

He's decided that his 'hardman' is Thomason, plays three at the back, and two wide wing backs, with two up front.

That leaves just Sheehan and Dempsey to be the midfield creators, which simply means we get overrun in midfield.

If we are to play that way we need a better player than Thomason in the enforcer rule - and we don't have one.

We got bullied by Wigan, Evatt needed to do something about it - and immediately following that humiliation change to the current system.

It simply doesn't work.

He needs to work out how to put an extra body into midfield at the expense of having to many bodies in attack.

35Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Sun Sep 17 2023, 13:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There seems to be summat up at t'Toughsheet.
If Bodvarsson isn't fit yet, what's up?
If he can't get a game ahead of Nlundulu or Jerome, what's up?
If Sheehan or Williams can't last 90 minutes, what's up?
If Morley can't get on at all, what's up?
The fans are bemused and frustrated but what about the players, what are they thinking?
What's up?

36Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Mon Sep 18 2023, 13:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:There seems to be summat up at t'Toughsheet.
If Bodvarsson isn't fit yet, what's up?
If he can't get a game ahead of Nlundulu or Jerome, what's up?
If Sheehan or Williams can't last 90 minutes, what's up?
If Morley can't get on at all, what's up?
The fans are bemused and frustrated but what about the players, what are they thinking?
What's up?
I actually don’t think Evatt really knows how to fix it ten Bob. I think just about every real Wanderers fan can see what’s missing and have been able to for some time frankly, yet the “professional” manager and coaches can’t. Unless the likes of Dan, Victor and Jerome undergo some kind of Damascene conversion they ain’t gonna score the goals needed. 

We have no leadership on the pitch and instead of improving or changing the shape of the team with substitutions, Evatt just makes things worse. I accept he’s still a young manager and learning but I fear Evatt is one of those who will never accept being wrong and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

37Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Mon Sep 18 2023, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: I accept he’s still a young manager and learning but I fear Evatt is one of those who will never accept being wrong and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

His failure to sign an experienced defensive midfielder (for 2 seasons running) and the signing of Nlundulu are two of the most bonkers decisions in my time following Bolton. Oh, almost forgot, the sale of Dapo was also bonkers.

38Reading 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading 2-1 Bolton Mon Sep 18 2023, 14:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nlundululu must have something on the club. He is absolutely dreadful. 

We are supposed to be one of the top clubs in this league and we have one of the worst front lines. Embarrassing.

We need investment from proper sources not fake bonds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum