Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Haven't We Sacked Him?

+6
JonnyRandom
Horwich white
Numpty 28723
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In October 2007 Sammy Lee was sacked as manager of Bolton Wanderers after just 9 league games in charge, which produced just one win.

So it's clear the Bolton board can make a decision when they really have to. So why hasn't Coyle been shown the door? It's now clear the vast majority of Bolton fans want a change so what is stopping the club from sacking Owen Coyle?

Are they scared of the media backlash that will no doubt come with sacking a manager so soon? Are they so skint they can't afford to sack Coyle and his family? Or are they, like a few fans on here, giving him 10 games to save his job?

If this was a "proper" business Coyle would have been removed a long time ago. We've put up with this shite for 18 months now, even if we beat Derby and Notts Forest would that suddenly mean he was fit to manage the club? Not in my opinion.

So why are we hesitating?

2Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 12:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Totally agree with the above post!

3Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gartsides loyality to coyle has a major role in why he hasn't been sacked IMO, his ego is so big that I don't think he wants to admit to himself and the fans he got it wrong. Though if, well now it has gone tits up with coyle, gartside will probably just turn around and say ''well the fans wanted coyle and I delivered''

The sammy lee thing was different, the players at the time had a lot to do with him being sacked and it's no secret they turned on him.

4Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:23

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Because mastermind Gartside hasn't finished writing his letter to Burnley F.C. asking for permission to approach their manager yet.

5Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:36

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

It's gartside who needs to go aswell as camel coyle!

6Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horwich white wrote:It's gartside who needs to go aswell as camel coyle!

Everyone needs to go, from top to bottom. Even the programme sellers piss me off. And Lofty the Lion.

7Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Because of the Fabrice Muamba legacy and how well Coyle controlled that situation!

8Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:41

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Beat derby 4-0+ and everyone will forget yesterday. Then go and beat forest criday 3-0 and last week never happened. We will go back to Playing 451 if not on tuesday then friday. We'll be fine. Its too early to be paniking i think. 5 or six games in without a win then yeah lets get coyle out but its the first game. Everyones gutted because it was burnley but we will batter them next time. Nothing like some good old optimism. And booing coyle will help nobody. Heads will just drop even further

9Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Everyone needs to go, from top to bottom. Even the programme sellers piss me off. And Lofty the Lion.

That actually shows that we have not progressed sinced the mid-noughties!

How many "top teams" still have a mascot?

Catering needs to be completely revisited with a new company being brought in with more decent prices and more of what the fans want rather than what they want to give the fans.

Match-day programmes - what a load of tosh! Needs to be redone with more emphasis on the club players and review of last matches rather than sponsorhip - if they needs sponsors for it then it should be free as the content and production is more than paid for!!!

We have an IT Director and yet use templates given by The Football League/Association. So what are we paying the IT Director for???

10Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JonnyRandom wrote:Beat derby 4-0+ and everyone will forget yesterday. Then go and beat forest criday 3-0 and last week never happened. We will go back to Playing 451 if not on tuesday then friday. We'll be fine. Its too early to be paniking i think. 5 or six games in without a win then yeah lets get coyle out but its the first game. Everyones gutted because it was burnley but we will batter them next time. Nothing like some good old optimism. And booing coyle will help nobody. Heads will just drop even further

So why did we have pre-season games if not to iron out anny problems or try to see which formation is best, which partnership produces the better results? Our form is just as bad, if not worse than the last 18 months and that actually showed up in the pre-seasons never mind actual league games.

11Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:44

bwfc71 wrote:

Catering needs to be completely revisited with a new company being brought in with more decent prices and more of what the fans want rather than what they want to give the fans.

Fried chicken?

12Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:45

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let's ask them both who needs to go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Fried chicken?

2 questions for you, of which you seem to keep not answering....

1. What is YOUR fascination of fried chicken?

2. Why do you keep slagging off Big Sam when he was million times better than Steve Kean and would have kept your team in The Premiership?

14Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:53

bwfc71 wrote:

1. What is YOUR fascination of fried chicken?

2. Why do you keep slagging off Big Sam when he was million times better than Steve Kean and would have kept your team in The Premiership?

1. You say the club has poor food, you run/eat a Fried Chicken business - a match made in heaven if you ask me.

2. I support the manager, plain and simple. He's made mistakes but he's made some great signings and we'll walk this league.

15Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:03

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So because we have a mascot everyone needs sacking? In answer to your question Manchester United, City, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan all have mascots.

16Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:05

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OOiC, don't worry about it - Amos is a nutcase. We lose a game of football and he is posting about mascots, pie fillings and websites. Completely irrational.

17Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

largehat wrote:OOiC, don't worry about it - Amos is a nutcase. We lose a game of football and he is posting about mascots, pie fillings and websites. Completely irrational.

I honestly think we we're relegated for not selling big eat meat and potato pies at some home games last season, you're deluded if you think otherwise. Very Happy

18Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneOinCoyle wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So because we have a mascot everyone needs sacking? In answer to your question Manchester United, City, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan all have mascots.

But to be fair, mascots, like Lofty are completely old hat - its like if City still had the inflateable banana's.

And for Largehat - it may seem like shit to you but it still stands that the club hasn't moved forward in every sense of the word. Even in style of management - which is along theines of Big Sams final few months, Little Sams, and Mgsons - we just have stayed still and that has helped with the position the club is in now - a lower division and a formation that no longer works in this country (not for the forseeable future anyway)

But of course that is all my own opinion and yet you ay I am wrong - how can an opinion be wrong?

19Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:
largehat wrote:OOiC, don't worry about it - Amos is a nutcase. We lose a game of football and he is posting about mascots, pie fillings and websites. Completely irrational.

I honestly think we we're relegated for not selling big eat meat and potato pies at some home games last season, you're deluded if you think otherwise. Very Happy

I just don't want to come to terms with the realities of our catering shortcomings. I'm too stubborn and I have blind faith in Hollands.

20Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Empty Re: Why Haven't We Sacked Him? Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know your problem LH, you can't see the bigger picture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum