Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

141Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. Although Iles got on camera.

142Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:45

Ah he will be pleased.

143Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 20:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy - all you need to say is you made a mistake and mocking me now looks pretty unfair. You’ve spent all afternoon posting essays across multiple threads on what you yourself call ‘pointless arguments’ so your clearly not above spending time debating people over the Internet.

And there’s not one poster on this site is far enough up your arse to think otherwise.

Except Karly, don’t know where he is though.

Haha you must have been spitting that I wasn't biting!

I was more laughing that you called it a 'survival' bonus and then following that you felt the need to google things to prove they existed - but could only find it in name only for the Premier League!

And if that wasn't enough I bet you couldn't wait to post something on here when you saw Iles quote about 'Championship Retention Bonus'!

Natasha's post was nearer the mark about things although I was more teasing you rather than trying to boost posts or anything.

Anyway after giving me a couple of days of chuckles you can have your moment now - yes you were right about a 'survival' bonus (I still am grinning posting that!).

Happy now!

PS - There was no need to be disrespectful to Karly though.

144Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 20:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:You’ve spent all afternoon posting essays across multiple threads.

And multiple forums.

145Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 20:38

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy - all you need to say is you made a mistake and mocking me now looks pretty unfair. You’ve spent all afternoon posting essays across multiple threads on what you yourself call ‘pointless arguments’ so your clearly not above spending time debating people over the Internet.

And there’s not one poster on this site is far enough up your arse to think otherwise.

I was more laughing that you called it a 'survival' bonus and then following that you felt the need to google things to prove they existed - but could only find it in name only for the Premier League!

I googled survival bonus, which took all of 5 seconds, as that’s the most commonly used term, so and to prove to you it’s a well known concept.

You’d never heard of it yesterday yet now you’re trying to correct the term I used?

146Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 20:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I googled survival bonus, which took all of 5 seconds, as that’s the most commonly used term, so to prove to you it’s a well known concept.

You’d never heard of it yesterday yet now you’re trying to correct the term I used?

Hahaha, priceless!

I'm not correcting anything you muppet, it's what you yourself quoted as being one of the bonuses outstanding!!!

T.R.O.Y wrote:“And of last night, Championship retention bonuses for those contracted to Wanderers last season remained unpaid. Other performance-related bonuses, for appearances and goals, were also outstanding, as we went to press.”

Razz

147Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 21:03

It’s always obvious when you realise you’ve cocked up sluffy. Every post starts with hahaha and is a tenth of the size of your normal ones.

Stop digging, and stop behaving like a child.

148Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s always obvious when you realise you’ve cocked up sluffy. Every post starts with hahaha and is a tenth of the size of your normal ones.

Stop digging, and stop behaving like a child.

Jesus I was having a laugh at you, no more no less.

It was just a bit of fun and wasn't malicious and you kept digging a deeper hole for yourself the longer it went on.

I couldn't really give a fuck if I'm right or wrong on a social media footy forum - but clearly you do.

Seems you love dragging arguments out with others for your own amusement but clearly don't like it much when someone does it back to you for a change.

And you think I'm the one behaving like a child - well maybe I was if it got you all wound up over nothing - you soft muppet!

149Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 21:36

Not sure why you think I’m wound up about this, or what hole I’ve supposedly dug. As far as I can see (and probably anyone else reading), you made a mistake, I pointed it out and rather than hold your hands up you’ve decided to start calling me a muppet and blag you were trying to wind me up.

This is odd behaviour at best Sluffy.

150Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 21:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Not sure why you think I’m wound up about this, or what hole I’ve supposedly dug. As far as I can see (and probably anyone else reading), you made a mistake, I pointed it out and rather than hold your hands up you’ve decided to start calling me a muppet and blag you were trying to wind me up.

This is odd behaviour at best Sluffy.

I don't have a problem apologising in real life or on the internet if I am wrong (and sometimes even if I'm right sometimes if it helps to keep the peace) however in this instance I've told you what happened and if you don't want to accept it then that's your problem, not mine.

151Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy,the trick is to stop digging. Not buying a bigger shovel. Very Happy

152Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy,the trick is to stop digging. Not buying a bigger shovel. Very Happy

If you say so Bonce.

153Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:16

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ffs, i know why i didnt post for 3 weeks.  Pointless

154Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

155Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

Would you mind summarizing for those of us who cannot get IPlayer to work on this side of the pond?  Thx.

156Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

Would you mind summarizing for those of us who cannot get IPlayer to work on this side of the pond?  Thx.

Nothing new discovered from the item.

They set up the story, gave a great deal of Anderson's reply to the players.

Iles (who they introduced as the club reporter who has spoken to the players) basically said bonuses hadn't been paid before and when they weren't paid in June they had a meeting up in Scotland and decided they would go on strike if they hadn't received their money on Friday.

They spoke to two fans about the damage the strike had made to possible player recruitment and both didn't seem to be too sympathetic to the players and one said they didn't consider the fans or the reputation of the club.

They than spoke to a Steve Battersby long time Wanderers fan and an accountant who basically said Anderson could not take the team further from his own personal finances (I've no idea how he would ever know that?).

It ends with a summary saying the club is broke and at war with itself and what would Nat Lofthouse made of all this?

On the whole negative press towards the club, with if anything the players coming out worst as no one (apart from perhaps Iles) showed them any support and much of the statement of Anderson read out blasting them.

I don't know if anybody viewed it differently to me?

157Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:56

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:

Nothing new discovered from the item.

They set up the story, gave a great deal of Anderson's reply to the players.

Iles (who they introduced as the club reporter who has spoken to the players) basically said bonuses hadn't been paid before and when they weren't paid in June they had a meeting up in Scotland and decided they would go on strike if they hadn't received their money on Friday.

They spoke to two fans about the damage the strike had made to possible player recruitment and both didn't seem to be too sympathetic to the players and one said they didn't consider the fans or the reputation of the club.

They than spoke to a Steve Battersby long time Wanderers fan and an accountant who basically said Anderson could not take the team further from his own personal finances (I've no idea how he would ever know that?).

It ends with a summary saying the club is broke and at war with itself and what would Nat Lofthouse made of all this?

On the whole negative press towards the club, with if anything the players coming out worst as no one (apart from perhaps Iles) showed them any support and much of the statement of Anderson read out blasting them.

I don't know if anybody viewed it differently to me?

Thx... I hope a points deduction is not in our near future.

158Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 06:58

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:Pointless giving a reasonable answer on here. Everyone knows (or wants to believe) that Ken pocketed the Madine 6 million and sold the Macron to the soup Dragon from The Clangers for 30 million and pocketed that aswell.

To be fair DK the vast majority on here will accept reasonable answers - in respect of the club/the Anderson's - Wanderlust being probably they only regular who tends not to.

We do get one or two anti-Anderson's on here but more often than they only pop on to troll.

Good to see you posting so much today, it's quite a while since you did so, hope you decide to stick around and post a whole lot more from now on.

I work 14 days on/14 days off 12 hour shifts now so I have actually more free time than in the past. So I might well post more. For me, this Anderson thing is becoming tiring. He does look like a dodgy geezer. He probably is a dodgy geezer. However, I think we would have been fucked without him. Most likely we would be non league now playing our home games at Horwich RMI or somewhere similar, with no hope of ever getting back in to the League. We are in the second tier of English football without a penny to spend. We already know we spend way more than we generate. Even if Anderson had took a big wedge of the Madine money, who could really blame him if he has been keeping the club alive on his own ? The truth will be there in the next annual accounts no doubt. Let’s hope the players haven’t made it any worse with their dumb ass strike action.

159Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 08:08

As I’ve said plenty of credit due to Anderson for keeping the club afloat, and I don’t buy he’s pocketed the Madine money given the loss the clubs been making and debts still to pay.

However, he took a risk and clearly underestimated the lengths the players would go to to get paid - and to make matters worse then launched a statement trying to scapegoat Amos while turning fans against players. It’s been handled poorly from start to finish.

160Bolton players strike!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 08:46

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:As I’ve said plenty of credit due to Anderson for keeping the club afloat, and I don’t buy he’s pocketed the Madine money given the loss the clubs been making and debts still to pay.

However, he took a risk and clearly underestimated the lengths the players would go to to get paid - and to make matters worse then launched a statement trying to scapegoat Amos while turning fans against players. It’s been handled poorly from start to finish.
I agree with most of that.

I think both sides acted hastily and the players let the fans down.  And lets face it, to travel to st mirren for a pre season friendly, they are the hardcore fans.  And they are the ones that are pissed off with the players.

Anyway, it all looks like it is getting sorted and new players are coming in so onwards and upwards

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum