Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 50]

241Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 12:58

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Steven Gerrard/Rangers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Could be good news. Sell Beevers for £3 million, 1 million Wyke, sign Hobbs and another centre back.

Nigel Greenwood you're fucking mad. Who would pay 3m for a league one clogger like Beevers
I don't think you've quite got the hang of transfers 

If Rangers are desperate for Beevers then it's up to us to name a fee. £3 million is quite reasonable as another centre back Rangers are chasing also want £3 million there's.

Like Bradford for Wyke, why should we sell?

We have 10 days to go and need 2 centre backs and if Beevers goes that'll be a third. 

If Gerrard is serious then he has to pay the going rate for a championship centre back. Remember Millwall wanted him back last year.

BWFC are only obliged to look after themselves, not other clubs. 

£3 million would get us Wyke and probably three centre backs.

Is that so mad?

To be honest I don't think there is anything in the story.

I first saw the rumour on an website site called The Express (note NOT the Daily Express) and which I believe to be simply a click bait site - and so I never bothered to even report it on here (I do tend to filter out most of the ridiculous transfer stories from non reputable sites unlike some forums like the LoV).

I must admit to being surprised that the story was picked up by the Scottish press yesterday but I still feel there can't be anything in it, there's far better centre-backs out there to be had by Rangers than Beevers.

As for £3 million for him - absolutely ridiculous.

Dream on Nigel!

Very Happy

As I say, it's not what you and I feel he's worth, it's what Rangers are prepared to pay. 

If I was BWFC, I wouldn't want to be losing my first and only choice centre back with 10 days to go before the transfer deadline.

The price has to be high enough to put Rangers off whilst not being unreasonable. 

£3 million isn't unreasonable in this transfer market considering we'd have to go out and buy 3 centre backs.

Don't forget, we allegedly got £6 million for Madine plus add ons. When the fella was only worth £500,000

Whose dreaming?

You are mate if you think Beevers will end up at Rangers in this transfer window for £3 million.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

I don't think it will happen and more importantly I don't want to lose Beevers with 10 days to go before the end of the transfer window. 

I would quote that figure to put Rangers off. If they're prepared to pay it, then that's fine with me and we will look for another centre back.

242Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 13:01

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Steven Gerrard/Rangers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Could be good news. Sell Beevers for £3 million, 1 million Wyke, sign Hobbs and another centre back.

Nigel Greenwood you're fucking mad. Who would pay 3m for a league one clogger like Beevers

If Rangers are desperate for Beevers then it's up to us to name a fee. £3 million is quite reasonable as another centre back Rangers are chasing also want £3 million there's.

We have 10 days to go and need 2 centre backs and if Beevers goes that'll be a third. 

If Gerrard is serious then he has to pay the going rate for a championship centre back. Remember Millwall wanted him back last year.

Is that so mad?

I first saw the rumour on an website site called The Express (note NOT the Daily Express) and which I believe to be simply a click bait site - and so I never bothered to even report it on here (I do tend to filter out most of the ridiculous transfer stories from non reputable sites unlike some forums like the LoV).

I must admit to being surprised that the story was picked up by the Scottish press yesterday but I still feel there can't be anything in it, there's far better centre-backs out there to be had by Rangers than Beevers.

Dream on Nigel!

Very Happy

As I say, it's not what you and I feel he's worth, it's what Rangers are prepared to pay. 

If I was BWFC, I wouldn't want to be losing my first and only choice centre back with 10 days to go before the transfer deadline.

The price has to be high enough to put Rangers off whilst not being unreasonable. 

£3 million isn't unreasonable in this transfer market considering we'd have to go out and buy 3 centre backs.

Don't forget, we allegedly got £6 million for Madine plus add ons. When the fella was only worth £500,000

Whose dreaming?

You are mate if you think Beevers will end up at Rangers in this transfer window for £3 million.

I don't think it will happen and more importantly I don't want to lose Beevers with 10 days to go before the end of the transfer window. 

I would quote that figure to put Rangers off. If they're prepared to pay it, then that's fine with me and we will look for another centre back.
Same strategy as Madine... ask for £6 million (give or take a million) and if someone bites, use the cash to replace him (though we never did replace him)!

243Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 13:03

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

observer wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

Is that so mad?

Dream on Nigel!

Very Happy

Whose dreaming?

Same strategy as Madine... ask for £6 million (give or take a million) and if someone bites, use the cash to replace him (though we never did replace him)!
Absolutely. In theory we're trying to replace him now.

244Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Whose dreaming?

I don't even believe there is any truth in the rumour.

Beevers (and Wheater) are liabilities in my opinion and neither should be starters if we want a decent season, so even now I'd sell him if I could and I'm sure Ken Anderson would even give him a piggyback all the way to Glasgow if he thought he could get £1 million for him let alone £3 million.

I believe we will be strengthening the side with loans and so we will no doubt have another crap start to the season until they are all sorted out but Beevers being here with us or sold to Rangers won't change that.

Fwiw I think we will buy Wyke and we won't be receiving any enquires for Beevers let alone bids.

245Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 13:21

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Whose dreaming?

I don't even believe there is any truth in the rumour.

Beevers (and Wheater) are liabilities in my opinion and neither should be starters if we want a decent season, so even now I'd sell him if I could and I'm sure Ken Anderson would even give him a piggyback all the way to Glasgow if he thought he could get £1 million for him let alone £3 million.

I believe we will be strengthening the side with loans and so we will no doubt have another crap start to the season until they are all sorted out but Beevers being here with us or sold to Rangers won't change that.

Fwiw I think we will buy Wyke and we won't be receiving any enquires for Beevers let alone bids.

That to me, would be a very dangerous strategy. We could easily end up starting the new season without a centre back. 

Beevers has only just signed a new contract, so the club rate him more than you do. 

I wouldn't take £1 million for Beevers at this stage and can't see why we would. If I was Rangers I'd rate him at that, but if I was Ken I'd want £2 million at least with add ons. 

I don't think you can judge Beevers on last season I'd want to judge him on this. 

I think we're wasting our time for Wyke. Bradford in no rush to sell and Sunderland are a bigger club

246Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 16:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've seen the knee x-rays.

It's not good.

247Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 16:24

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:I've seen the knee x-rays.

It's not good.
Neither is the asking price!  ugh!  Who is next on the list?

248Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 17:56

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's not good.
You work at Bradford or in the NHS?

249Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 18:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:

It's not good.

I would have thought that he would be using private medical services?

250Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 25 2018, 18:23

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

karlypants wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

It's not good.

I'm wondering, where he's seen the knee scan that's all. You have to have access to medical records to see the knee x-rays.

251Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

It's not good.

I'm wondering, where he's seen the knee scan that's all. You have to have access to medical records to see the knee x-rays.
I'm sure if you were in the running to buy a player you could reasonably request that player's medical records. Perhaps Cajun matched Anderson's "6 figure bid" ?

252Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 14:34

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

According to Ken's latest dialogue we rejected a bid for one of our players. Speculation was it was Beevers. Other gossip that may or may not be true is we turned down £3.5 million for Beevers. 

The last bit maybe rubbish or maybe true.

253Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 14:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nigelbwfc wrote:According to Ken's latest dialogue we rejected a bid for one of our players. Speculation was it was Beevers. Other gossip that may or may not be true is we turned down £3.5 million for Beevers. 

For 3.5 million, Ken would have driven him to the railroad station.

254Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:25

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

observer wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:According to Ken's latest dialogue we rejected a bid for one of our players. Speculation was it was Beevers. Other gossip that may or may not be true is we turned down £3.5 million for Beevers. 

For 3.5 million, Ken would have driven him to the railroad station.
I would have done, that's for sure!

255Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

It's not good.

Correct.

256Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:56

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Cajunboy wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

It's not good.

Correct.
So you work in the private medical centre, where he's being treated. Interesting.

257Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This thread is for rumours, not for factual places of employment. Is it true that Miguel Veloso was seen at Aldi?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

258Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:21

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keegan wrote:This thread is for rumours, not for factual places of employment. Is it true that Miguel Veloso was seen at Aldi?
No it was Lidl.

259Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:38

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Keegan wrote:This thread is for rumours, not for factual places of employment. Is it true that Miguel Veloso was seen at Aldi?
I take your point, but when someone claims to have seen the knee scan, my curiosity gets raised.

260Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:17

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Especially as he's divulging patient information publicly which surely is not right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum