Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL

+8
rammywhite
doffcocker
observer
wanderlust
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:I agree but not regards the name calling. Lusty knows everything he says is conjecture, but you must admit sluffy, if we didnt debate this stuff, the forum would be fooking boring

If you mean me name calling - I think you will find I'm far, far more sinned against than sinned.

Yes the forum as always had a little bit of an 'edge' to it, we never wanted it to be a row of nodding donkeys where everybody agreed with each other all the time.

I've also always known even before we started the forum that places like this are 'niche' and not mainstream social network sites such as FB and Twitter, so consequently will always struggle to attract and retain posters.

We gave it a go anyway and we've not done so bad up to now but we clearly need to freshen things up a bit and circumstances have fallen nicely into place to allow us to do that recently.

I've got a load of work starting this week which means I'm not going to be about much for the next few months - and I don't doubt that some would prefer to see less of me at times.  I'm also a generation older than todays social networking users, so it makes perfect sense to take the opportunity to make Leeds Trotter into a permanent Admin here on Nuts, particularly with the new season starting in just over a weeks time.

The forum should pick up naturally once the season kicks off anyway but lowering the average age of the active mod trio of BTID, Karly and now LT to hopefully allow them to attract people to the site with new and fresh approaches to the ones that I have been doing for so long, will hopefully make the site better for everyone - and that's what it's always been about to me.

I know LT will be doing his best to reboot the site along with BTID and Karly and hopefully you will all be giving him your full support in taking Nuts forward.

About time we tried something else and an opportune time to do so.

I'll still be about but for the next few months at least not as much as I usually am.

Onwards and upwards and as Fin as been saying recently...

UP THE WHITES!

22Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy banned me for name calling. He’s a special case

23Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty, you seem obsessed with the idea that running a business AS a business is somehow evil and makes Ken our very own Dr Evil (Is PP Mini-me?).

Of COURSE HE CUT STAFF AND WAGES! Only a complete moron wouldn't given how bad our finances have been. When are you, someone who clearly has some intelligence going to wake up and accept the fact we're NOT going to spend mega bucks because we don't HAVE them? When are you going to wake up and smell the coffee that BWFC is not and never has been a club with a massive fan base and unlimited revenue streams? Frankly your constant 'Ken is a devious evil overlord' rants are just stupid now to the point of embarrassing.

Strikers cost more than any other position, that's not opinion it's fact. Given that even a journeyman striker of Championship level is now costing around 5 to 10 million and a good one can be twice that it's not surprising that we're having to look at cheaper, unproven or aging options even before we get to the subject of wages.

In case you missed the FFP rules, we HAVE to keep our books balanced, a billionaire can't just throw a massive wad of his own cash in even if he wanted to. Take a look at Aston Villa and the mess they're in from spending more than they earned last term in the belief they'd go straight back up. Now they HAVE to sell star assets in order to balance their books and since everyone knows that they'll bid fire sale prices. But sadly for us and many like us even those bargains are likely to be beyond our current means.

Given the constraints Ken and Phil have operated under I feel they've done well so far this summer. Yes we certainly need a striker but they know that at least as well as we do and I have faith they aren't done yet even if we don't land Wyke. I personally feel this coming season will be better than last and I can't help wondering if that will please or upset you? Right now I think you WANT us to fail because it would somehow vindicate your irrational meandering rants about the man who's kept this club in existence for the last three years.
You are using too many Sluffyisms BTW.

It is exactly because I know how to run a business that I hold the opinion I have about Anderson i.e. he is not very good at it.

Simply put, I think he's a conman who employs tactics not dissimilar to Trump i.e. putting out disinformation to create a smokescreen, thereby diverting attention away from what he's doing.

That it how I was able to predict with considerable accuracy and months in advance that there would be no investors and that he wouldn't be spending big money on the team.

I further fully expected him to slander anyone who wouldn't play his game and predicted that too.

In fact he is entirely predictable in everything except one area - what he's actually doing to the business whilst all the smoke and mirrors are being force fed through the media, and that's the bit I'm worried about because it's our club.
And we know for a fact that it is smoke and mirrors by the lies that have already been exposed.

So until Anderson finally f***s off and the real truth about what he's done to our club is eventually allowed to come out, I suggest you wind your neck in.

You are entirely within your right to believe everything that Anderson and his cronies say and I will never question that right but equally I expect you to allow me the right to express my distrust and skepticism.

24Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:Wanderlust, a question

Would you rather Bolton have a miserable season and be relegated or win every match 6-0 and be promoted to the Premier League as Champions?
Obviously I'd like us to do well, but the first option (the more likely of the two) is undesirable and the second option is highly unlikely.
I'd settle for survival again from this position, and TBH I reckon that as long as this owner is in place that's probably the best we can hope for.

25Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Fri Jul 27 2018, 00:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

It is exactly because I know how to run a business that I hold the opinion I have about Anderson i.e. he is not very good at it.

Simply put, I think he's a conman who employs tactics not dissimilar to Trump i.e. putting out disinformation to create a smokescreen, thereby diverting attention away from what he's doing.

That it how I was able to predict with considerable accuracy and months in advance that there would be no investors and that he wouldn't be spending big money on the team.

I further fully expected him to slander anyone who wouldn't play his game and predicted that too.

In fact he is entirely predictable in everything except one area - what he's actually doing to the business whilst all the smoke and mirrors are being force fed through the media, and that's the bit I'm worried about because it's our club.
And we know for a fact that it is smoke and mirrors by the lies that have already been exposed.

So until Anderson finally f***s off and the real truth about what he's done to our club is eventually allowed to come out, I suggest you wind your neck in.

You are entirely within your right to believe everything that Anderson and his cronies say and I will never question that right but equally I expect you to allow me the right to express my distrust and skepticism.

Who the fuck do you think you are to tell Peter to 'wind his neck in'???

Nobody tells anybody else what they can think and say on here - Christ I've let you spout constant hatred at the Anderson's since they arrived when I could easily have silenced you at the click of a button on Nuts if I wanted to.

You more than anybody has been allowed freedom of speech on here and it totally sums you up imo as to what sort of a character you really are in telling poor Peter to 'shut it' as soon as I just said I won't be on here very much for the next few months.

Oh and you're far from being the only one on here who knows how to run a business and I can't see any of them conceited enough to know like you do, that Anderson is some sort of a crook.

In fact everybody else is giving KA due credit for achieving what he has so far.

Funny that?

Must be everybody else who is wrong then.

Rolling Eyes

26Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Fri Jul 27 2018, 10:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Who the fuck do you think you are to tell Peter to 'wind his neck in'???

Nobody tells anybody else what they can think and say on here - Christ I've let you spout constant hatred at the Anderson's since they arrived when I could easily have silenced you at the click of a button on Nuts if I wanted to.

You more than anybody has been allowed freedom of speech on here and it totally sums you up imo as to what sort of a character you really are in telling poor Peter to 'shut it' as soon as I just said I won't be on here very much for the next few months.

Oh and you're far from being the only one on here who knows how to run a business and I can't see any of them conceited enough to know like you do, that Anderson is some sort of a crook.

In fact everybody else is giving KA due credit for achieving what he has so far.

Funny that?

Must be everybody else who is wrong then.

Rolling Eyes
Haven't you gone yet?

I've decided that seeing as Peter has the same verbal reasoning set, linguistic pattern and MO as you, and always reappears on the site to justify what you've claimed whenever your self-righteousness is being questioned, I'm going to call him "Sluffy" as a tribute to the original.

27Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc Wilson signs - OFFICIAL Fri Jul 27 2018, 14:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lusty, if you think comparing me to sluffy is going to upset me at all then you're sadly mistaken. If you think telling me to be quiet or shut up is going to work then please tell me what you're smoking because it must be at least as good as my old anti-depressants in inducing a hallucinatory state.

Frankly the reason why I sound like sluffy when it comes to you and your stance vis a vis Ken Anderson is simple; I agree with him and think you're not just wrong, you're miles off base. Worse yet, you seem to feel the need to keep repeating yourself on this issue on just about every single thread as if you believe that we'll all stop pulling you up in the end. I hate to point out the obvious to you here but when has anyone EVER managed to stop me posting my opinion on this site when I'm active? It's just not going to happen.

I know you want what's best for BWFC, we all do. What's irritating me is that you seem to feel only your personal point of view has any validity and that you are the only person who can see 'the truth' about our chairman and his motives.

In truth you MUST remember that while we are fans and love the club Ken is first and foremost a businessman looking to make a return on what has been a very substantial investment. Those who claim ED acted philanthropically are wrong, he took plenty out of the club (remember the 3.5 million pound 'success fee' he took when Anelka was sold among other things) and that the moment we left the Premier League he began looking to offload us as fast as possible.

I don't care if Ken winds up making a profit on BWFC, if he does he deserves it since he risked his own money to buy it and is currrently working hard to balance books that were in the sort of mess that would have seen almost any other business outside football either in administration or liquidated entirely. I still don't understand how you can believe that Ken is out to bankrupt the club as that would be a financial catastrophe for him personally.

Anyway, to close this for now I would simply add that your posts suggest it's all irrelevant anyway, in your mind everything Ken does is wrong and designed to destroy this club and whatever the facts may be you won't change that opinion. It's a shame you seem unwilling to listen to anyone else on this forum on that topic as generally you've come across as reasonable and intelligent on most of the others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum