Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bristol City

+19
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Dunkels King
Keegan
observer
Cajunboy
Sluffy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 13:39

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

boltonbonce wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:My Birthday today. So they'd better win! That's all I'm going to say
Happy Birthday Nigel. Where is your birthday thread?
They forgot my birthday this year. Until I reminded them.
You're just a number on here.
Thanks

22Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 13:39

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Happy Birthday Nigel! 
I'm really looking forward to this afternoon as we play the first of 3 games in a week (or is that next week?) by which time we'll know a lot more about where we stand competitiveness-wise. Wondering if Parky will risk Oztumer and change the system that worked so well away from home? Wondering if Wildschut will get a start? Wondering if there'll be a live stream on Facebook again? A win today would do wonders for confidence as well as adding to the points tally so I really hope Parky gets it right. COYWM!
Thank you

23Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

24Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm really looking forward to this afternoon as we play the first of 3 games in a week (or is that next week?) by which time we'll know a lot more about where we stand competitiveness-wise. Wondering if Parky will risk Oztumer and change the system that worked so well away from home? Wondering if Wildschut will get a start? Wondering if there'll be a live stream on Facebook again? A win today would do wonders for confidence as well as adding to the points tally so I really hope Parky gets it right. COYWM!
Live stream on facebook?

How do you find that?

Help.

25Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

26Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Live stream on facebook?

How do you find that?

Help.
There's usually a dodgy stream on The Reebok Roar page [url=https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=the reebok roar bolton wanderers supporters group]here.[/url]
Sometimes it's just a bloke filming his telly in Australia but beggars can't be choosers.
BTW I think you have to join the group so it might be advisable to do so before the match starts.

27Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Many thanks.

28Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 16:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were dominated but should have won. Don't think the ref helped and 5 yellow cards is not good.

29Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:01

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ref Steals the show !!!!! Fucking Wanker !!!!

30Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least Wigan got beat Smile

31Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:03

Disappointing to give a way a 2 goal lead, but sounded as if Bristol deserved a point. 4 points from 2 games not a bad return.

32Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Very disappointed to have given up a two-goal lead.

33Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should have been 3 points after going 2 up. Will still take a point though. Would have been happy with that before the game.

34Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Very disappointed to have given up those two late goals, but encouraged that we went two goals up and made attacking changes to kill the game off. That said, leading the game might have been a good time to protect what you have (O'Neill) but not enough defensively, as it turned out. Something to build on, and 4 pts from 2 games is a good return based on how thin the squad is.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

35Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots to be positive about from a defensive perspective until the breakaway equaliser when we lost our shape and Magennis worked his socks off but we lacked quality in possession and our midfield was given the runaround as a result. 
Bristol have some good footballers, but I guess most teams in this division have too so I can't see it getting any easier.

36Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:39

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bryan458 wrote:Ref Steals the show !!!!! Fucking Wanker !!!!
Watched the game on iFollow. The Ref should be suspended. He was a disgrace, as was the Linesman who was three yards behind play for Bristols first goal which looked well offside. I don’t get the booking for Vela either. How is he supposed to know that their player is running right in to his foot. If that’s a booking for dangerous play, then all those over head kick goals should be overruled as well due to the fact your foot is up and could catch someone in the face. Every other 50/50 went their way, and I lost count of the number of clear fouls and handball shouts got ignored. Overall though, I thought we were lucky to get the draw. It seemed like another game with less than 30% possession.

37Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:51

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Brooks to take charge of Wanderers v Bristol City

John Brooks will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship home clash against Bristol City this weekend.

The official, who has been involved in the professional game since 2014, will be running the rule over the Whites for the first time this weekend.

The man in the middle took charge of 51 Sky Bet Football League games last season meanwhile, dishing out 149 yellow cards and dismissing six players.

On the opening weekend of 2018/19, he was in charge of Sunderland's home clash against Charlton which the hosts won 2-1, with five yellow cards being brandished.

Philip Dermott and Akil Howson will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ref watch missing that Brooks is a complete tool - the only important point.

Time to knock it on the head Karlypants.

38Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where, in the name of God, did they find the ref? I don't even know where to start,so I'll have a lie down.

39Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm happy with the result, Bristol City were probably the better team so 2-2 is more than acceptable.

However, like many games last season, our first half performance lacked any sort of intensity and had Bristol scored first I think things would have ended very differently.

While our defence clearly isn't good enough, at least we now look like scoring. And fair play to Parky for bringing on Le Fondre rather than shutting up shop. It didn't work today, but shutting up shop rarely worked for us last season so it's good to see a more attacking mindset.

But 4 points from 6 is a fantastic start, and with more winnable games coming up we need to keep this up.

40Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:36

Spot on.

Magennis making me eat my words at the moment too - looks a bargain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum