Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bristol City

+19
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Dunkels King
Keegan
observer
Cajunboy
Sluffy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:03

Disappointing to give a way a 2 goal lead, but sounded as if Bristol deserved a point. 4 points from 2 games not a bad return.

32Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Very disappointed to have given up a two-goal lead.

33Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should have been 3 points after going 2 up. Will still take a point though. Would have been happy with that before the game.

34Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Very disappointed to have given up those two late goals, but encouraged that we went two goals up and made attacking changes to kill the game off. That said, leading the game might have been a good time to protect what you have (O'Neill) but not enough defensively, as it turned out. Something to build on, and 4 pts from 2 games is a good return based on how thin the squad is.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

35Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots to be positive about from a defensive perspective until the breakaway equaliser when we lost our shape and Magennis worked his socks off but we lacked quality in possession and our midfield was given the runaround as a result. 
Bristol have some good footballers, but I guess most teams in this division have too so I can't see it getting any easier.

36Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:39

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bryan458 wrote:Ref Steals the show !!!!! Fucking Wanker !!!!
Watched the game on iFollow. The Ref should be suspended. He was a disgrace, as was the Linesman who was three yards behind play for Bristols first goal which looked well offside. I don’t get the booking for Vela either. How is he supposed to know that their player is running right in to his foot. If that’s a booking for dangerous play, then all those over head kick goals should be overruled as well due to the fact your foot is up and could catch someone in the face. Every other 50/50 went their way, and I lost count of the number of clear fouls and handball shouts got ignored. Overall though, I thought we were lucky to get the draw. It seemed like another game with less than 30% possession.

37Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:51

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Brooks to take charge of Wanderers v Bristol City

John Brooks will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship home clash against Bristol City this weekend.

The official, who has been involved in the professional game since 2014, will be running the rule over the Whites for the first time this weekend.

The man in the middle took charge of 51 Sky Bet Football League games last season meanwhile, dishing out 149 yellow cards and dismissing six players.

On the opening weekend of 2018/19, he was in charge of Sunderland's home clash against Charlton which the hosts won 2-1, with five yellow cards being brandished.

Philip Dermott and Akil Howson will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ref watch missing that Brooks is a complete tool - the only important point.

Time to knock it on the head Karlypants.

38Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where, in the name of God, did they find the ref? I don't even know where to start,so I'll have a lie down.

39Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm happy with the result, Bristol City were probably the better team so 2-2 is more than acceptable.

However, like many games last season, our first half performance lacked any sort of intensity and had Bristol scored first I think things would have ended very differently.

While our defence clearly isn't good enough, at least we now look like scoring. And fair play to Parky for bringing on Le Fondre rather than shutting up shop. It didn't work today, but shutting up shop rarely worked for us last season so it's good to see a more attacking mindset.

But 4 points from 6 is a fantastic start, and with more winnable games coming up we need to keep this up.

40Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:36

Spot on.

Magennis making me eat my words at the moment too - looks a bargain.

41Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 2 all I thought City would go on and win it. I'll happily take the draw and move on.

42Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:39

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think we lost all shape and balance when Le Fondre came on. It was no surprise when they scored the equaliser. Pretty sure their 1st goal was offside though.

43Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

44Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

You got all that from Wanderlust's lap?

45Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 18:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittham wrote:
No from the East stand upper

46Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 19:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

It is the font of all knowledge after all.

47Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 19:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A good return from two games, thought Bristol played some good stuff in and around our box, it was disappointing to lose a lead but to be honest it was a shock that we went two up.

Ref was pants really bad. i thought the line up was a bit defensive at home and despite having 5 in midfield we were over run at times, we battled well, pluses Magennis put in a shift and took his goal well and the right back played well, and Noone got better as the game went on. all in all a good start.

48Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12 2018, 09:48

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Noone and Magennis MoM for me.

50Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12 2018, 14:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Same old story for us, poor first half then woke up and deservedly went 2-0 up then we sat back and as usual we conceded. Decent performance though and i thought Noone had his best game in a white shirt.

Not sure why Parky took off Murphy as we looked far more comfortable with him and Lowe in front of the back 4. Magennis worked hard and is a handful but as a few have said already not overly impressed with brickfeet again. 

As for that ref, where did they get him from? Worst ref i've seen in a long long time.

A draw was probably a fair result but we need to be able to manage a game better when we take the lead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum