Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-0 Birmingham

Bolton 1-0 Birmingham

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 11:18

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not really sure about Brum this season so it's difficult to work out what to expect from them. They've had problems off the pitch but on it they've been better than expected. They were seconds away from beating Norwich in their first game only to concede a 94th minute equaliser, they lost by a single goal away at high-flying Boro and then drew with newly relegated Swansea despite having the better of the chances.
The question posed elsewhere as to whether or not Parky will go for a slightly more attacking line up (as it's a home game) or stick with the more defensive set up that has worked so far may hold the key to this one.
I'm thinking Parky will start off with the solid defensive line up he used against Bristol and change it up second half if we need a goal.

1 - 1 although I hope we batter them.

2 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 15:52

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Last season we thought this was winnable and lost, similarly this season we go into it expecting a win. Brum played well on Friday and Jota looked a real handful.

So we need a real focused performance i still think we can win it but not an easy game.

2-1

3 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 15:54

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Win this and we may just have turned a corner. 3 points on Wednesday will start to build excitement

4 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:13

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The dream will be over.

Bolton 1 Birmingham 2

5 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:14

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope not, would be great to keep the momentum up, thankfully it's at home so we will have home advantage.

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:19; edited 1 time in total

6 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:18

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hope not, would be geat to keep the momentum up, thankfully it's at home so we will have home advantage.
I totally agree, I just can't get my head around our current results.

It all seems too good to be true.

Long term I still think we will be fighting a relegation battle.

I would like to be wrong.

7 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:32

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bring Oztumer and Yanic into the fold from the off and take the game to Birmingham

8 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:38

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Birmingham are a poor side. Think we will beat them comfortably by 2 or 3. 

Can't get to midweek matches but is it on Sky? All the matches on Tuesday and Wednesday say available on the Sky Sports Red Button.

9 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd definitely replace Buckley, other than that you have to stick with the same team.

10 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:40

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A team built on a solid defence always has a chance, but our defensive shape requires at least 6 players at any point in time so it becomes much harder to retain possession and create chances at the other end. With Ameobi on one wing and Wildschutt on the other we could have enough to create goals providing we get enough support for them, however apart from set pieces it looks like Parky has drilled them to stay back which means that even at home we are always likely to give the opposition more of the ball and that's always dangerous. 
We've done well so far despite all the games potentially going either way so we've had a bit of luck IMO and hopefully that will continue. Difficult to call this one, hence me going for the draw, but in reality anything could happen.

11 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:58

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Birmingham are a poor side. Think we will beat them comfortably by 2 or 3. 

Can't get to midweek matches but is it on Sky? All the matches on Tuesday and Wednesday say available on the Sky Sports Red Button.

Can also get on ifollow (legally)

12 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 17:05

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We will continue the unbeaten run and we will get a draw.

Bolton 1-1 Brum!

13 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 17:09

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
2-1 Whites.

14 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 17:13

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
3-0 Magennis

15 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 17:33

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyone reckon Oztumer will start seeing as it's a home game? I suspect parky won't risk him, but we'll see.

16 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:06

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I think he might, it would be the perfect game for him in my opinion. In fact I think we'll win this one quite comfortably. My prediction is 3-1 with Oztumer to grab a brace at least.

17 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:10

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
And drop who though?

18 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:34

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If everyone's fit it'll almost certainly be the same team, Parky seems to rate Buckley.

19 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:38

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If everyone's fit it'll almost certainly be the same team, Parky seems to rate Buckley.
I can't say that I do. I don't think he's done anything spectacularly bad, he's just pretty much anonymous at the moment. In truth I'd be very tempted to drop him for Oztumer for the next match.

20 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:49

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oztumer will definitely start with Ameobi and Wildschut imo

21 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 22:01

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oztumer will definitely start with Ameobi and Wildschut imo
I hope you're right

22 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 22:44

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oztumer will definitely start with Ameobi and Wildschut imo
I hope you're right
When has he ever been wrong?

23 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 22:47

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope you're right

Exactly

24 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Sun Aug 19 2018, 22:49

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope you're right

Exactly

:rofl:

25 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 08:38

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Birmingham are a poor side. Think we will beat them comfortably by 2 or 3. 

I can;'t get there either are there are no trains after the match but i did see an advert saying all midweek Championship games were available on the red button.

A tight 2-1 home win for me.

26 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 09:13

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Replace Buckley with an attacking forward payer who will occupy their  defence ( any one of Ameobi,Wildschut or Oztzumer (sp?)) and we'll have a good chance of a win.
Play the  same  team as at Reading and the best that we can hope for is a draw. I can see this, you can see this, but why can't Parky?

27 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 10:25

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Why can’t Parky see that the side which has won 2 out of 3 games can’t win a game?

28 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 10:31

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why can’t Parky see that the side which has won 2 out of 3 games can’t win a game?

Because the first one was a last minute goal and was sheer luck. And the second one was against the worst team in the Division. Wait until he has to see off some real challenges.

29 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 10:37

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Fact is though, our successes since Parky took over have been based on being solid. It’s the only way he knows how to play, but it’s worked overall. I’m not suggesting we’re going to continue this sort of form over the course of the season, but if playing this way keeps us up I’ll be happy.

Buckley our for Wildschutt seems an obvious one to me though.

30 Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham on Mon Aug 20 2018, 10:44

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fact is though, our successes since Parky took over have been based on being solid. It’s the only way he knows how to play, but it’s worked overall. I’m not suggesting we’re going to continue this sort of form over the course of the season, but if playing this way keeps us up I’ll be happy.

Buckley our for Wildschutt seems an obvious one to me though.

So would I- I'd be more than happy. And having Wildschutt for Buckley on Wednesday night  would make me much more confident of winning the game.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum