Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alan Houghton's Fans' View: Draw a fair result at Deepdale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our pitstop en-route was in the delightful Hoghton Arms, where we discussed Bolton’s surprisingly good start to the season.

It’s a long time since a Bolton team amassed 10 Championship points in August but last week’s result against Sheffield United was a reality check that there is a lot of hard work to be done and we are still at the early stages of rebuilding the club for the future.

Phil Parkinson made several changes, most notably giving a debut to young Joe Williams, on loan from Everton.

There was a great atmosphere with over 4,000 Bolton fans packing the Bill Shankly Stand but within the first 16 minutes, the prophets of doom were in full voice as we gave away the first goal with a horrendously bad pass and Alan Browne hit an unstoppable second.

Even I wished that I was still topping my suntan up. But we showed a bit of character and battled to get back on level terms through two great strikes from Sammy Ameobi and Pawel Olkoswki, just before half time.

Most Wanderers fans couldn’t believe we were level, but level we were.

The second half was an end-to-end affair with Bolton having the edge but Ben Alnwick having to produce a great save to keep us in it.

At the end, a draw was probably a fair result in a full-blooded Lancashire derby which spilled over after the final whistle with Ben Pearson earning a red card for his head butt on the impressive Joe Williams.

It is sad to report that Bolton fans again let off multiple smoke bombs in the confined space of the refreshment area under the stand during half-time break.

Besides the discomfort of restricting access to toilets and refreshments, there is the very serious risk to anybody with breathing difficulties.

Last year three Bolton fans needed hospital treatment. It’s not rocket science, if you feel compelled to let them off, do it where the smoke can dissipate.

The draw nicely consolidates our decent start as we go into the first international break.

It’s a welcome change not to be worried about relegation in September.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum