Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Derby

+20
Sluffy
boltonbonce
DEANO82
doffcocker
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
observer
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Growler
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 11:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Doidge is being asked to do a job that is nothing like his natural game. 

You’ve no idea what his natural game is.
You've no idea what ideas I have so don't make claims you can't substantiate.
Put the cock end on ignore wandy, he's only on here to be a beligerent twat.

62BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 11:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Doidge is being asked to do a job that is nothing like his natural game. 

Put the cock end on ignore wandy, he's only on here to be a beligerent twat.
We've already got one amateur mind reader on here and we sure don't need another to tell us what we know and what we're thinking.

Care to guess what I'm thinking right now Martin? Yeah that's right you cockwomble.

63BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 11:46

wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Fair enough Lust, that probably came across more pissy than I meant it to.

Doidge played up front on his own for Forest Green though, and from my limited experience of him he got through a lot of running.

64BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 12:19

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I thought
the team played well, with some flair instead of panic and the long hoofed ball. Thought the ref was appalling and obviously in awe of the "footballing royalty" on the sidelines (Frank Lampard).  Individually tplayers who stood out for me were Oztumer, Noone and Wheater who when he goes will obviously have to be replaced by three players.  Just think his contribution is immense.

65BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 15:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Fair enough Lust, that probably came across more pissy than I meant it to.

Doidge played up front on his own for Forest Green though, and from my limited experience of him he got through a lot of running.
Very gracious of you to say so Troy - respect. 
Where I was coming from is that FGR attacked in numbers and Doidge got plenty of chances to finish whereas under Parky we tend to leave the lone striker isolated and chasing lost causes. Magennis does it really well but Doidge seems to need players around him in advanced areas.
I may be wrong but if you look at his goals and the positions relative to his teammates he takes up for them they are not positions he'll get into very often in this division with our team - apart from set pieces IMO.
More fox in the box than lone striker.

66BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 15:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rogercpc wrote:I thought
the team played well, with some flair instead of panic and the long hoofed ball. Thought the ref was appalling and obviously in awe of the "footballing royalty" on the sidelines (Frank Lampard).  Individually tplayers who stood out for me were Oztumer, Noone and Wheater who when he goes will obviously have to be replaced by three players.  Just think his contribution is immense.
Apart from his miss at the beginning, I thought Buckley played well (sorry Bonce) as did Lowe who put a real shift in. Matthews also stepped up to the plate when needed. And although I don't often do this, honourable mention for Parky setting up to do a job on them.

A few other people have also mentioned that they thought the ref was poor and TBF his decisions were erratic, but he did us a massive favour when he didn't send Olkowski off when he went over the ball and planted his studs on the winger early doors - a reckless two footed challenge that many refs would have punished with a red. Rams TV commentators definitely thought it should have been red and although they are biased, having seen the replays I'd be inclined to agree with them. Bullet dodged IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum