Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

271Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 21:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:I agree with almost everything you say but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!

Sometimes you really do come across as an arrogant tosspot.

This is the problem with all Remainers.

272Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 21:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leavers.
Brexit negotiations - Page 15 1355644591_e0814af87c_b

Remainers.

Brexit negotiations - Page 15 E5b5393a4dc5f8a94dd2886539822ad4

Razz Razz

273Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:I agree with almost everything you say but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!

Yes you think it is a crime to state the truth. Why don't you face reality; these are simple facts.

Last edited by xmiles on Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

274Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

This is the problem with all Remainers.

As usual it is the leavers hurling abuse because they can't deal with reality.

275Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:20

gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, can't agree (how unusual  Smile), They do have something to lose, a great deal in fact. The problem for us is that losses for them will have less effect on the EU, than any corresponding losses on the UK.  They can ride out any disruption than us, which gives them the upper hand. If we were to walk away, (probably through our own ineptitude), then I believe you will see a flurry of activity either individually, or as the EU itself. What we mustn't do, is give in even further.

What deal are we offering them though? No freedom of movement but we want full access to the single market without paying any future fees? It’s just not going to happen, and why should it? 

The fact is we benefited massively from the EU, now we need to find another way. It’s not them doing us over, or Labour it’s time you looked at the Brexiteers who sold these lies. It’s just not as simple as they made out.

276Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 04:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leavers and remainers came from all societal groups apart from those who were prevented from having a vote in the referendum Yes there are some common trends within subgroups but I can’t see anything that be gained by focusing on how society is constituted. The only thing that matters now is that nobody  will get what they wanted because nobody knew what they were voting for and no group will get what they thought they were voting for and on that basis alone it should be canned.
And despite what peter says, it is reversible if the people stand up to a government attempting to railroad through a deal nobody wants. 
What are they going to do if we say no? Commit political suicide?

277Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 08:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilx87g1fbeAhWIgM4BHfx5CGIQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyougov.co.uk%2Ftopics%2Fpolitics%2Farticles-reports%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fhow-britain-voted&usg=AOvVaw266rNW_gQsa65pM_iGNAEU

It says a lot about the kind of people who support brexit on this site that merely stating these facts leads to a torrent of abuse. Still they probably find that easier than engaging in a rational discussion.

278Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilx87g1fbeAhWIgM4BHfx5CGIQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyougov.co.uk%2Ftopics%2Fpolitics%2Farticles-reports%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fhow-britain-voted&usg=AOvVaw266rNW_gQsa65pM_iGNAEU

It says a lot about the kind of people who support brexit on this site that merely stating these facts leads to a torrent of abuse. Still they probably find that easier than engaging in a rational discussion.

Well I didn't vote in that poll and I very much doubt Glos did so you can go and shove the inaccurate poll up your arse. :biggrin:

279Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

Well I didn't vote in that poll and I very much doubt Glos did so you can go and shove the inaccurate poll up your arse. :biggrin:

The usual and expected response from someone who doesn't even understand what a poll is.

280Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How many people on here considered Ireland when voting in the 2016 referendum? 
Honest answers only please.

281Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like i said in a previous post no one had a clue what issues would arise with brexit or what the consequences would be.The whole process has been a complete shambles from the start.

There needs to be a cross party approach to this, this is our lives and futures they are messing with!

282Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 11:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So xmiles, these are "facts" are they?

I don't remember having to tick a box for "educated" or "thick" on the ballot sheet. Please link me to the official independent body that has stated that only uneducated people voted to leave.

You can't, because it doesn't exist.

The irony is, you've slagged off Farage, Boris etc for making shit up, yet you've just done exactly the same thing.

You have an opinion, not a FACT.

You fucking arsehole.

283Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 11:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:So xmiles, these are "facts" are they?

I don't remember having to tick a box for "educated" or "thick" on the ballot sheet. Please link me to the official independent body that has stated that only uneducated people voted to leave.

You can't, because it doesn't exist.

The irony is, you've slagged off Farage, Boris etc for making shit up, yet you've just done exactly the same thing.

You have an opinion, not a FACT.

You fucking arsehole.

As usual more abuse from somebody else who doesn't understand what a poll or survey is. I am not making things up (unlike so many brexit fans). Every survey and poll undertaken has shown that the older you are and the less well educated you are the more likely you are to have voted brexit, That is a fact not an opinion.

Try looking up fact and opinion in a dictionary. Then maybe you will understand the difference.

Funny how all the abuse comes from brexiteers. Perhaps it is because you are incapable of engaging in a rational discussion.

284Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 12:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

As usual more abuse from somebody else who doesn't understand what a poll or survey is. I am not making things up (unlike so many brexit fans). Every survey and poll undertaken has shown that the older you are and the less well educated you are the more likely you are to have voted brexit, That is a fact not an opinion.

Try looking up fact and opinion in a dictionary. Then maybe you will understand the difference.

Funny how all the abuse comes from brexiteers. Perhaps it is because you are incapable of engaging in a rational discussion.

You called me uneducated, is that not abuse?

I know exactly what a poll is. They don't poll every voter, they poll about 50 people - I know because I pay to have polls done.

So I'll ask again, link me to an official independent site that states that only uneducated people voted to leave.

285Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 12:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I didn't call you uneducated. Try reading what I wrote.

286Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For a third time, link me to an official independent site that states that only uneducated people voted to leave.

287Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 14:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:For a third time, link me to an official independent site that states that only uneducated people voted to leave.

Here's an official Independent site link quoting researchers at the University of Leicester on the subject.

"researchers at the University of Leicester say that had just 3% more of the population gone to university, the UK would probably not be leaving the EU"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-education-higher-university-study-university-leave-eu-remain-voters-educated-a7881441.html

Wink

288Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see what you did there.

Don't do it again.

289Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 18:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I see Carney's at it again.

290Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 19:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The comments above show just how broken this country is at this point, everyone as a view an opinion but no one really knows all the facts and no one really can think off a workable solution that everyone can get behind.
I have been interested in politics all my life, i am 65 voted remain, i have never missed voting in any election since i was 18 years old. BUT i am confused as hell over were i stand on this issue ?

I voted remain, i am a Labour party member, so you would think it natural that i would either want a general election, or a peoples vote.

And this is were i have a problem, in my opinion it was a huge mistake to vote to leave the EU, i am entitled to that view, however i am a democrat so could not support a second referendum even though i think we were not given the truth to make an informed decision i fear a second vote would alienate the voters against MP's for a generation or two.

So you would think a general election would appease me? well no because for the first time in my life right at this moment i think it would be a mistake for another party to take ownership of this mess.

This started with Cameron trying to lance a Tory boil, he thought he could get a quick fix and it back fired, so this is a mess started by the Tories and then mismanaged by this government, they own this mess and should be judged on the outcome for years to come.

If Labour took control and failed, they would inherit the blame and we know that the Tories would soon make it stick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum