Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 50]

841Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 09:07

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wonder why the EU would back corbyns plan of staying in the EU but pretending to leave.

Strange.

Yes can’t believe they’d back a plan that’s mutually beneficial. How exactly is May’s shit show a better option?

842Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 11:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tory incompetence knows no bounds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47182361

843Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 13:44

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wonder why the EU would back corbyns plan of staying in the EU but pretending to leave.

Strange.

It's not staying in the EU if British Citizens lose the rights they currently have as EU Citizens.

844Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 13:46

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Breaking news: Government considering a plan to slash business taxes to try to save the economy if there is a no deal Brexit. Presumably this would be try to deter foreign employers and manufacturers such as Nissan from leaving the UK and to partially offset the increased costs of parts and materials caused by the introduction of tariffs. Theoretically it would help minimise job losses but the Treasury would have to take the hit which in turn would lead to further reductions in public services, NHS funding and pensions.

Don't worry about money for the NHS and public services. They will just increase Tax for normal people to cover the defecit.

845Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 14:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Breaking news: Government considering a plan to slash business taxes to try to save the economy if there is a no deal Brexit. Presumably this would be try to deter foreign employers and manufacturers such as Nissan from leaving the UK and to partially offset the increased costs of parts and materials caused by the introduction of tariffs. Theoretically it would help minimise job losses but the Treasury would have to take the hit which in turn would lead to further reductions in public services, NHS funding and pensions.

Don't worry about money for the NHS and public services. They will just increase Tax for normal people to cover the defecit.
That would be a vote loser though. For some reason Brits are fairly quiet when services are eroded and seem to prefer to grumble about it unless it affects them directly (hospital side of the NHS apart) whereas income tax is for some reason sacrosanct. 
Remember when the LibDems proposed raising income tax by 1% to pay for the maintenance of public services? They got slaughtered even though it was an eminently sensible policy.

846Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seaborne freight have pulled out of the no-deal ferry service contract. Here.

So they will no longer be providing the ships they don't have.

847Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 14:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

Yes can’t believe they’d back a plan that’s mutually beneficial. How exactly is May’s shit show a better option?

Labours plan is to stay in the EU under the guise of "leaving" as to not alienate their working class voters (the few they have left) in the north and Wales.

I have no problem with them backing a plan to stay my problem is them lying about the true nature of their plan.

For God sake can they not just come out and say it.

848Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 15:09

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

Labours plan is to stay in the EU under the guise of "leaving" as to not alienate their working class voters (the few they have left) in the north and Wales.

I have no problem with them backing a plan to stay my problem is them lying about the true nature of their plan.

I will say it again. We are not staying in the EU if we lose our right to be classed as EU Citizens. If you remove Freedom of Movement you are not in the EU. That is one of the key requirements for being a member of the EU. Whatever you want to call what Labour want, it is not being in the EU.

849Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 15:11

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

That would be a vote loser though. For some reason Brits are fairly quiet when services are eroded and seem to prefer to grumble about it unless it affects them directly (hospital side of the NHS apart) whereas income tax is for some reason sacrosanct. 
Remember when the LibDems proposed raising income tax by 1% to pay for the maintenance of public services? They got slaughtered even though it was an eminently sensible policy.

The Tories are not bothered about losing votes. Whilst Corbyn is at the helm with Labour no one will vote them in anyway. It's about keeping the Conservative Party together. If that means fucking 60 million people they will do it.

850Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 15:18

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Seaborne freight have pulled out of the no-deal ferry service contract. Here.

If any normal person in a normal Company had done something like this they would have been given their P45 and be down the Job Centre now, but for anyone standing alongside Theresa May at the moment they have a job for life. The one thing this Brexit bullshit has highlighted is that Politicians who are "supposed" to put the interests of the people and the Country before anything else, can simply ignore that fact, lie, without any shame or remorse and choose to ignore what is "now" the will of the people.

As a side note, I saw a tweet earlier from an MP endorsing the DWP for stopping someones benefits for 8 weeks for turning up 15 minutes late for their appointment. How the fuck does that help in the long run ?

851Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 16:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

I will say it again. We are not staying in the EU if we lose our right to be classed as EU Citizens. If you remove Freedom of Movement you are not in the EU. That is one of the key requirements for being a member of the EU. Whatever you want to call what Labour want, it is not being in the EU.

Yes labour want an end to free movement but starmer has said they will then back "easy movement".

For Christ sake how thick do they think we are.

Calling things different names while they have the same effect is not a change.

852Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

Yes labour want an end to free movement but starmer has said they will then back "easy movement".

e.g. a bunch of billionaires with global interests duping the British people into doing what's best for their business interests through the media they control, illegal use of online personal data and systematically lying to get what they want - and then calling it Brexit for example?

853Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 17:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, what I described above.

854Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 18:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

855Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 19:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Seaborne freight have pulled out of the no-deal ferry service contract. Here.

If any normal person in a normal Company had done something like this they would have been given their P45 and be down the Job Centre now, but for anyone standing alongside Theresa May at the moment they have a job for life. The one thing this Brexit bullshit has highlighted is that Politicians who are "supposed" to put the interests of the people and the Country before anything else, can simply ignore that fact, lie, without any shame or remorse and choose to ignore what is "now" the will of the people.

As a side note, I saw a tweet earlier from an MP endorsing the DWP for stopping someones benefits for 8 weeks for turning up 15 minutes late for their appointment. How the fuck does that help in the long run ?
We can send you Donald Trump to sort things out!   ..dunno..

856Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 09 2019, 23:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd already pointed this out in post 842

857Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Feb 10 2019, 05:58

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

Good. The UK needs immigration. Theresa May chose to ignore around 10 surveys that proved EU immigrants coming to the UK did not "take" jobs from British Citizens. However, unless I can live and work in the other 27 EU Countries without having to jump through hoops, we are not in the EU.

858Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Feb 10 2019, 05:59

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

e.g. a bunch of billionaires with global interests duping the British people into doing what's best for their business interests through the media they control, illegal use of online personal data and systematically lying to get what they want - and then calling it Brexit for example?

Spot on.....

859Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Feb 10 2019, 16:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Strange.

Good. The UK needs immigration. Theresa May chose to ignore around 10 surveys that proved EU immigrants coming to the UK did not "take" jobs from British Citizens. However, unless I can live and work in the other 27 EU Countries without having to jump through hoops, we are not in the EU.

Why wouldn't the EU reciprocate what we offer. Obviously they will.

860Brexit negotiations - Page 43 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Feb 10 2019, 18:58

May’s obsession with immigration is what will be to blame if we leave with no deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum