Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

91Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 10:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Sir John (Major) is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

Not what I would call an illustrious line-up. Weak, greedy, self-centered, and out and out liars. They're all out in the cold for a reason.

Name one prominent brexiteer who is not a "Weak, greedy, self-centered, and out and out liar".

92Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rees-Mogg ?

93Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 10:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Rees-Mogg ?

Could he be any more self centred? He also endorsed the lie about £350m being spent on the NHS and pretends that a no deal brexit will be good for Britain. It will OK for him as the investment fund he has an interest in has already made plans to relocate to Ireland.

I will leave it to you to decide if he is weak but he did take his nanny with him to campaign a couple of elections ago.

94Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 10:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rees Mogg is the worst kind of Tory, uses off shore tax havens and invests and profits from companies that supply drugs used for abortions when he says he is anti-abortion even for rape victims.

95Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 10:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Rees Mogg is the worst kind of Tory, uses off shore tax havens and invests and profits from companies that supply drugs used for abortions when he says he is anti-abortion even for rape victims.

Sounds like a typical Tory - nothing matters if there is money to be made.

96Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 12:16

wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:How do you apply import tax at an open border?
You don't - it can be applied at the point of sale to the customer like VAT and collected in the same way.

On another note, the Tories have today turned on ex PM John Major:

On the eve of Wednesday's summit, former Conservative prime minister Sir John Major attacked Brexiteers, saying "those who promised what will never be delivered will have much to answer for."
"They persuaded a deceived population to vote to be weaker and poorer. That will never be forgotten - nor forgiven."
Sir John is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

But how would a tax resolve customs checks?

97Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 12:17

Rees Mogg peddles the lie that Brexit would decrease food prices, even the sun apologised for printing that one. Nothing from him as of yet.

98Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Rees Mogg peddles the lie that Brexit would decrease food prices, even the sun apologised for printing that one. Nothing from him as of yet.
Rees Mogg is an idiot who has lived a very sheltered and privileged life, has a net worth of over £100 million and has no understanding of what is happening in the real world so he pontificates about policy and politics as if everyone was in his privileged position. Arsehole.

99Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he a relative?

100Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 
It should be a lot easier for you, as most of the opposition have quite handily hidden behind the 6 tests, so saving themselves from having to actually say something constructive, factual, or even knowledgeable. A perfect example being Emily Thornbury. (As much use as tits on a bull).

101Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVXqiNA2hJlMmGmaKYqs1wWEPK2QBRgNMG4YXA0w7vG3LFC3GaFQ

102Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Pig, I just love your sense of  humour  Very Happy

103Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm deadly serious  Very Happy

104Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVXqiNA2hJlMmGmaKYqs1wWEPK2QBRgNMG4YXA0w7vG3LFC3GaFQ
This picture, with his long arm, reminded me of Kenny Everett.  Smile

105Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:41

gloswhite wrote:I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 
It should be a lot easier for you, as most of the opposition have quite handily hidden behind the 6 tests, so saving themselves from having to actually say something constructive, factual, or even knowledgeable. A perfect example being Emily Thornbury. (As much use as tits on a bull).

Compare Emily thornberry’s response to Yemen or the latest Saudi crisis to anything said by Johnson or Hunt on the matter. Then tell me which politician is more use.

106Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 15:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 

Compare Emily thornberry’s response to Yemen or the latest Saudi crisis to anything said by Johnson or Hunt on the matter. Then tell me which politician is more use.
Yeah, and lets not forget her complete cock-up when she stood in for Jeremy in PMQ's, and her latest offering of leaving Bercow in post, whilst the rest of Parliament say he should be chucked out. I don't think she has ever had an original thought, but seems to be a good bet for backing up somebody else, as long as she can posture, make silly comments and pull faces, on TV.

107Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 17:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Benefit of the doubt? Do you not think the comments about Rees-Mogg made after your post are correct?

Personally I can't think of an honest and upright politician full stop. It seems a contradiction in terms to me.

On the other hand if you look at prominent individuals who supported remain you have for example Bear Grylls, JK Rowling, Hilary Mantel, Idris Elba and Sir Stephen Hawking amongst many others. Whereas scumbags like Arron Banks bankrolled the brexit campaign.

108Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:On the other hand if you look at prominent individuals who supported remain you have for example Bear Grylls, JK Rowling, Hilary Mantel, Idris Elba and Sir Stephen Hawking amongst many others.

Ha ha, that post made me chuckle. I hope you aren't serious.

109Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 17:50

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Yeah, and lets not forget her complete cock-up when she stood in for Jeremy in PMQ's, and her latest offering of leaving Bercow in post, whilst the rest of Parliament say he should be chucked out. I don't think she has ever had an original thought, but seems to be a good bet for backing up somebody else, as long as she can posture, make silly comments and pull faces, on TV.

What was her PMQs cock up? Think she’s normally got the better of her opposite number when I’ve seen her - more natural than Corbyn IMO.

110Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 17 Oct - 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seriously ?  Did you not see the time where she was standing in for Corbyn, and ended up getting two items mixed up, and had the whole Tory benches openly laughing at her, absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time. Sorry TROY, but to my mind she is a very shallow person, as well as being extremely vain. There is no way I would want her managing anything of real national importance. As for her current role, it just goes to show how Corbyn doesn't really believe that some of the shadow cabinet are likely to take over the real role, and I have no doubt, that if they do come to power, then there will be changes pretty damned quick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum