Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Politician with Principles

+3
boltonbonce
karlypants
xmiles
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Politician with Principles Empty A Politician with Principles Thu Nov 01 2018, 18:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

2A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Thu Nov 01 2018, 19:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And she’s a Tory too! Shocked

3A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Thu Nov 01 2018, 20:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't mind living with another woman's husband though. Until he left and went back to his wife.

4A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Thu Nov 01 2018, 20:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't mind living with another woman's husband though. Until he left and went back to his wife.

Shocked Shocked

5A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 02:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not interested in the personal lives of public figures, especially when we don't know the facts, but I am interested in what they do in their jobs and this seems to be a very principled action for which she deserves considerable credit.
When you compare her actions to corrupt politicians like Thatcher who did the Al Yamamah deal and Blair who stopped the investigation into it she stands out like a shining light in a British Government that historically has been as corrupt as hell. Sadly, the current lot are back to the old ways again but she looks like an exception.

8A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Mr Davies pointed out he had complied entirely with Parliamentary rules and insisted the gifts had in no way influenced his statements in the Commons."

Doesn't really pass the smell test does it?

9A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 11:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Not interested in the personal lives of public figures, especially when we don't know the facts, but I am interested in what they do in their jobs and this seems to be a very principled action for which she deserves considerable credit.
When you compare her actions to corrupt politicians like Thatcher who did the Al Yamamah deal and Blair who stopped the investigation into it she stands out like a shining light in a British Government that historically has been as corrupt as hell. Sadly, the current lot are back to the old ways again but she looks like an exception.
I'm rather more cynical. This is a good move, on a well planned route to the top.

10A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 13:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Not interested in the personal lives of public figures, especially when we don't know the facts, but I am interested in what they do in their jobs and this seems to be a very principled action for which she deserves considerable credit.
I'm rather more cynical. This is a good move, on a well planned route to the top.

On a route to the top of the Tory party by having principles and rejecting bribes from big business? Shocked

11A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 15:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
That Jesus fella was the same. Kept pulling off stunts like restoring sight to the blind and feeding the 5000 in an obvious bid for popularity. Worked for him.

12A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 17:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
That Jesus fella was the same. Kept pulling off stunts like restoring sight to the blind and feeding the 5000 in an obvious bid for popularity. Worked for him.
Jesus who?

Was he a friend of Sherlock Holmes?

13A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 18:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I applaud her but I think it won't make any difference in the end. May and her cronies are too deep in the corporate big boys pockets to get out. I hate to say it but this lady joined the wrong party if she really wants to serve honestly and with principles intact. Every Tory who's ever tried to be a completely honest public servant has wound up on the scrapheap.

14A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 02 2018, 18:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

George Carlin had it just about right.

15A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Fri Nov 09 2018, 20:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Jo Johnson has resigned from cabinet today. His was for different reasons than his brother Boris but at this rate there isn't going to be much of a cabinet for PM May to rule the roost over.

16A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Tue Nov 13 2018, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Tue Nov 13 2018, 22:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree.

18A Politician with Principles Empty Re: A Politician with Principles Tue Nov 13 2018, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty poor. Doesn't say a lot for her judgement. Moral or otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum