Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food

+7
karlypants
Cajunboy
Norpig
xmiles
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
y2johnny
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Food Empty Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 10:21

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Quite a simple title really.

But what's your relationship like with food?

Are you a healthy eater?

Vegan?

Veggie?

Late night eater or breakfast like a king? (Or both)

Sweet tooth?

Nut nibbler? :rofl:

I'm not the greatest eater.  Love sweet stuff, eat late, dont mind veggies and stuff but i have to admit, takeaways are far too easily accessible.

2Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 10:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am not a healthy eater, but I grill everything and don't have takeaways.

Life would be boring without my 11am Twirl.

3Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 11:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breakfast is a must. Two shredded wheat, covered with honey, and topped with hot or cold milk.

Dinner/lunch, or whatever you want to call it, is simply a cup of tea and some biscuits.

The rest of the day is usually snacks of one kind or another. I've long since given up sitting at the table for a large meal, and seem to live largely on snacks.

Pie on a barm always goes down well. Yesterday I got a bit of stick for having a mashed potato butty.
People should keep their nose out.

I go through an alarming number of Mini Cheddars, and can easily polish off a couple of tubes of salt & vinegar Pringles at one sitting. No longer being able to feel my lips is a small price to pay.

Christmas is always fun. I'm given a little square table all to myself, where I spend a pleasant afternoon hurling abuse at my Turkey murdering relatives and frightening the kids with tales of ghostly turkey's living under their beds, just waiting for them to drift off to sleep.

My Christmas dinner is usually veggie sausage and mash. To make it a little more festive I might add a pickle. But under no circumstances a sprout.

My Aunt had her 80th Birthday party at a rather nice local restaurant, and gave me £50 to stay away.
Says it all really.

4Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 11:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is a very big topic johnny.

Broadly I would say I was a generally healthy eater and I like meat and fish too much to be a vegetarian let alone a vegan.

I also like savoury rather than sweet things and would rather have cheese than a dessert. I am with bonce on the mini cheddars but also like twiglets and beef flavoured crisps.

5Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i could never be a veggie, i eat meat every day and i'm also addicted to bread. If a food can go between 2 slices of bread or a barm it'll do for me.

6Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Breakfast is a must. Two shredded wheat, covered with honey, and topped with hot or cold milk.

Dinner/lunch, or whatever you want to call it, is simply a cup of tea and some biscuits.

The rest of the day is usually snacks of one kind or another. I've long since given up sitting at the table for a large meal, and seem to live largely on snacks.

Pie on a barm always goes down well. Yesterday I got a bit of stick for having a mashed potato butty.
People should keep their nose out.

I go through an alarming number of Mini Cheddars, and can easily polish off a couple of tubes of salt & vinegar Pringles at one sitting. No longer being able to feel my lips is a small price to pay.

Christmas is always fun. I'm given a little square table all to myself, where I spend a pleasant afternoon hurling abuse at my Turkey murdering relatives and frightening the kids with tales of ghostly turkey's living under their beds, just waiting for them to drift off to sleep.

My Christmas dinner is usually veggie sausage and mash. To make it a little more festive I might add a pickle. But under no circumstances a sprout.

My Aunt had her 80th Birthday party at a rather nice local restaurant, and gave me £50 to stay away.
Says it all really.
So are you a Veggie who doesn't eat vegetables ? Apart from potatoes in various forms.

Do you eat  any fruit ?

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:13; edited 1 time in total

7Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce, how did you fail to mention your favourite butter pies? Very Happy

8Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Bonce, how did you fail to mention your favourite butter pies? Very Happy
I can't mention everything KP.
As for fruit Cajun, I eat my fair share, but I've given up on apples, which all seem to taste like cork these days.
Grapes are also great for snacking.
If I had the chance of a last meal before death took me, it would probably be butter pie and chips, with two buttered slices of Warbies bread, followed by apple pie and custard.
Sadly I'm sat here with half a bottle of Crag spring water and three bourbon biscuits.

9Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:36

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well my meals today have been;

Breakfast - 600ml bottle of smart water
Lunch - 2 cheese pasties (carrs) and a 600 'll bottle of pepsi max
Tea - pudding, chips and gravy and a barm.  With a 500ml Dr pepper.

No coffee today.  Which is a surprise. 

Might have a galaxy after. 

Compare to yesterday I had;

Breakfast : 2 x pain au chocolates and a coffee

Lunch: ham and cheese toastie.

Tea: chilli star wraps.

I need to sort my shit out. And no one knows that more than me. But with work, helping coach my lads rugby team, coaching my daughter's footy team and the other clubs and stuff they go to, it's constantly what ever is convenient.

Does anyone plan their meals?  Like for the week?  I know meal prep is now a thing where you do most of the stuff in one day to make it easier throughout the week.  Do people really do that or is it unjust another social media thing to make normal people feel like shit?

10Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:38

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:i could never be a veggie, i eat johnnys meat every day and i'm also addicted to breaders and bomce. If a food can go between 2 slices of bread or a barm it'll do for me.
Smile

11Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 19:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny what happened to the mushy peas? Shocked

12Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 19:24

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:Johnny what happened to the mushy peas? Shocked
I didnt fancy them tonight. Normally do though. I used to love chaes in harwood. Steve always gave me extra scraps. Very Happy

13Food Empty Re: Food Fri Nov 09 2018, 22:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

y2johnny wrote:Well my meals today have been;

I need to sort my shit out. And no one knows that more than me. But with work, helping coach my lads rugby team, coaching my daughter's footy team and the other clubs and stuff they go to, it's constantly what ever is convenient.

Does anyone plan their meals?  Like for the week?  I know meal prep is now a thing where you do most of the stuff in one day to make it easier throughout the week.  Do people really do that or is it unjust another social media thing to make normal people feel like shit?

Smart water? WTF. Is there something wrong with the tap water where you live?

14Food Empty Re: Food Sat Nov 10 2018, 00:07

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Well my meals today have been;

Smart water? WTF. Is there something wrong with the tap water where you live?
I'm out working and on sites so always take drinks with me Smile

15Food Empty Re: Food Sun Nov 11 2018, 00:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I tried veggie for a while and didn't find it too difficult, I have some fish and meat occasionally now though.

Breakfast is my must have, never skip it unless I'm sick.

16Food Empty Re: Food Sun Nov 11 2018, 15:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

With Diabetes, IBS, and now a couple of stents, along with blood pressure and cholesterol, I have to have less sugar, fat, and salt, and there's not much left to enjoy. I try to follow a reasonable diet, but if I have anything before 1200, including water, it can trigger the IBS, so sometimes I just think 'fuck it', and do what I like, knowing that whatever I pick nowadays, I'm in the wrong. 
Must admit, I've developed a bad habit of raiding the fridge immediately after my tea, and this can go on for some time.

17Food Empty Re: Food Thu Jun 29 2023, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just discovered Kefir, which is a rather nice yoghurt like drink. A little sour, but very healthy apparently.

My brother tried it, but decided he'd rather drink his own urine, so probably not to everyone's taste.

18Food Empty Re: Food Thu Jun 29 2023, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sure you are right, I don't think your brothers urine would be to my taste at all.

I don't know if you've ever tried lassi, which is like a yogurt type drink, it is lovely, even your brother would like it.

I've tried Kefir as a yogurt and like your brother and found I didn't like it much and although I would give it a try it as a drink, suspect I wouldn't like that much either.

19Food Empty Re: Food Fri Jun 30 2023, 13:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I'm sure you are right, I don't think your brothers urine would be to my taste at all.

I don't know if you've ever tried lassi, which is like a yogurt type drink, it is lovely, even your brother would like it.

I've tried Kefir as a yogurt and like your brother and found I didn't like it much and although I would give it a try it as a drink, suspect I wouldn't like that much either.
Heard of lassi, but never tried it. Might have to give it a go. A lot of these drinks start out as fads then peter out. Might be best to stick with my old stand by, Activia.

20Food Empty Re: Food Fri Jun 30 2023, 13:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Heard of lassi, but never tried it. Might have to give it a go. A lot of these drinks start out as fads then peter out. Might be best to stick with my old stand by, Activia.

Lassi has been around for years down London way, I would imagine it has in most big city's by now(?).

I get mine from Tesco, I imagine all the other major food retailers sell it as well.

It's delicious, you don't know what you are missing!

Start with the Mango Lassi - yummy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum