Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+13
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Growler
rammywhite
karlypants
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
observer
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 16:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Real lack of quality again

32Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were out of the bottom 3 until Reading equalised on 90 +4.

33Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:02

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:We were out of the bottom 3 until Reading equalised on 90 +4.
Life's a bitch... with Reading equalising at the death.  We still have to win a match... something that doesn't look like it is coming soon.  Perhaps for the New Year?

34Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't see any of the game today. Regardless of result how did we play?

35Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Life's a bitch...

Always is with supporting the Whites!

36Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:48

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:I didn't see any of the game today. Regardless of result how did we play?
We were utter dogshit out played all match by a team with just about the worst away record in the league, i cannot see anything other than relegation, shit players shit manager and shit owner !!! We're DOOMED !!!

37Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 17:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You know what Parky will say?

"We have to take the positives from this game, the lads deserved more than one point today"

38Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 18:52

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:You know what Parky will say?

"We have to take the positives from this game, the lads deserved more than one point today"
The ref took the other two points apparently.

39Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 19:04

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was another poor performance after we scored, yes we should have had a pen, but it would have just papered over the cracks, it's another 2 points thrown away by piss poor in game management, but no matter what we'll still have Parkinson mismanaging us

40Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 20:28

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm relieved we avoided defeat.I think if you are a Bolton fan losing at home to Bury or Wigan is as shit as a run of the mill December league match can get.
Their fans will consider it an opportunity missed, they won't often play a Bolton side as crap as this one at 2nd tier level.

41Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:I didn't see any of the game today. Regardless of result how did we play?
We were utter dogshit out played all match by a team with just about the worst away record in the league, i cannot see anything other than relegation, shit players shit manager and shit owner !!! We're DOOMED !!!
Help is at hand Bryan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

42Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Dec 01 2018, 21:26

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Comments on Wigan forum

"Worst Bolton team for years, for me its 2 points dropped and away form now really is a concern. Had chances to blow em away and won't play many shitter sides. Afraid we didn't replicate the urgency we showed against Rovers"

"Crap defending for their goal and Walton beaten at his near post. Second half I thought we outpassed and outclassed them but for want of a final ball !! Bolton are garbage....2 points dropped ......but at least an end to our lengthening chain of away defeats"

43Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Dec 02 2018, 02:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have to focus on our performance and the bottom line was that we couldn’t create any sort of threat up top for the vast majority of the game. Low on creativity and spark and without the engines to get enough bodies forward. Wildschut came on and played mainly in our own half.

44Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Dec 02 2018, 09:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Wigan Athletic

Wanderers drew 1-1 with Wigan Athletic in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday afternoon, with Will Buckley putting the Whites in the lead early in the first half before Will Grigg levelled proceedings in the first half.

Team News

Phil Parkinson made three changes from the starting eleven that lined up against Sheffield Wednesday.

Christian Doidge replaces Josh Magennis in the starting line-up, with Craig Noone and Will Buckley replacing Yanic Wildschut and Marc Wilson.

First Half

Wigan went close five minutes into the first period, with Josh Windass pulling the ball back to an unmarked Lee Evans, who fired over from 15 yards out.

Wanderers went ahead through Will Buckley within minutes of the opening chance, as a ball into the area found the winger who took a touch before dispatched it past Walton.

Phil Parkinson’s men were in the ascendancy for the majority of the opening exchanges, with dangerous balls into the area from Craig Noone, Pawel Olkowski and Will Buckley being cleared by last ditch Latics challenges.

However, 25 minutes into the clash and referee Simon Hooper awarded Wigan a penalty, as Jack Hobbs had been adjudged to have fouled Will Grigg in the area.

The Northern Irishman stepped up and sent Ben Alnwick the wrong way.

Wanderers nearly took the lead just past the half hour mark through Christian Doidge.

The ball was sent high into the air, with defender Mark Beevers to meet it as he cushioned it down for the Welshman.

On the turn, Doidge hit it towards goal but couldn’t find the target.

Wigan responded five minutes from the interval, with Reece James darting a ball across the penalty area looking to find Cedric Kipre, but Andrew Taylor cleared the threat.

Second Half

The Latics had the first chance of the second period, with a Sam Morsy run find Gary Roberts who drilled his shot low and hard, but off target.

Two minutes prior to the hour mark and Windass gave a lifeline to the Whites, as he turned away from Joe Williams and fired goalbound for eight yards but could only find the side netting.

The wide-man went close again twice, with a shot well saved by Ben Alnwick in the Wanderers goal.

Both sides continued to fight it out as the game wore on, with a lot of the possession being played in the middle third of the pitch, with neither side being able to stamp their foot on this Sky Bet Championship clash.

Nathan Bryne produced a superb curling delivery into the area, nearly finding McManaman at the back post before Mark Beevers expertly put the ball behind.

From the resulting corner, it flew through numerous bodies to the far post, where Christian Doidge popped up to clear the ball away from a certain Latics goal.

McManaman came close to unleashing an effort which would’ve sealed three points for the away side, but a sensational Pawel Olkowski tackle at the far post stopped any chance of the winger having a sight on the Wanderers goal.

A superb Yanic Wilsdchut cross into the area followed for Wanderers, with Craig Noone latching onto the end of it and firing the ball across for Christian Doidge but Wigan defended it valiantly.

A shout of handball echoed around the University of Bolton Stadium soon after, as it seemed to have hit a Latics arm in the defensive effort.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick, Taylor, Lowe, Beevers, Doidge, Ameobi (Wildschut 77), Buckley (Magennis 68), Noone, Hobbs, Olkowski, J. Williams.

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Vela, Oztumer, Wilson, Wheater.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

45Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Dec 02 2018, 12:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Both commentators banged on about our lack of quality in the middle. Every ball just hoofed up. Our little Messi sat on the bench. I would try Oz and Vela and less defensive players. Apart from that we have nowt. Parky just does not react fast enough in the game either. Same old same old.

46Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Dec 03 2018, 20:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't normally get that wound up by refs but when he gives a penalty and basically nobody else in the ground is thinking it, AND he's not even got a good view of it, it's f@cking appalling, especially for a club like us with the way things are going. To be honest, I would give him the benefit of the doubt over the handball, except how can you when he's already given them the penalty that he did. What a fucking twat, I hope he has a shit Christmas.

47Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Dec 03 2018, 20:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't normally get that wound up by refs but when he gives a penalty and basically nobody else in the ground is thinking it, AND he's not even got a good view of it, it's f@cking appalling, especially for a club like us with the way things are going. To be honest, I would give him the benefit of the doubt over the handball, except how can you when he's already given them the penalty that he did. What a fucking twat, I hope he has a shit Christmas.
This guy was promoted to the PL list for this season. The fact he's ended up reffing us says a lot.
He's got form, none of it good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum