Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+29
doffcocker
CAMPO
terenceanne
White84
Angry Dad
bryan458
aaron_bwfc
observer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
rammywhite
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 02:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This Saturday we play local pie eaters Wigan. 

With our performace of recent games, how do you all think we will do?

Bolton's last 4 results:

• 1-0 win at home against Blackpool
  • 2-2 draw against Yeovil away
  • 0-2 loss against Brighton away
  • 0-0 draw against Derby also away

Wigan's last 4 results:

• 1-0 loss away at QPR
  • 2-1 win at home to Watford
  • 3-3 draw at home to Yeovil
  • 1-3 win away at Ipswich

Does anyone think we will be able to snatch 3 points at home again or will we get battered by this small time tin pot outfit?

2Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 06:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Does anyone think we will be able to snatch 3 points at home again or will we get battered by this small time tin pot outfit?

Absolutely! I can see us winning this comfortably. 3-1.

3Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 09:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie goes with the same plan as he did last night I think we could end up in trouble especially if we don't get the early goal. Wigan have enough quality to take advantage of all the possession we are likely to give them in the middle section of the game. For us to win, we'd need to take all our chances and ride our luck at the back.

4Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 10:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton 1 Wigan 1

Bogdan

Hutton---Knight---Wheater---Ream

Chungy---Spearing---Medo---Danns

Juke---Mason

5Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 10:20

If start Beckford and Moritz against Wigan, even though Beckford missed a couple of really good chances I thought both him and Moritz looked bright when they came on last night. So Beckford for Mason and Moritz for Mavies.

6Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 11:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we'll get dicked, Wigan are a class above us.

2-0 to Wigan. At least.

7Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 11:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we can go out and win, it will be a close one.

I'm going for a 2-1 win to Bolton!

8Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I reckon we can go out and win, it will be a close one.

You clearly didn't go last night. Were you shagging some tramp behind the Asda bins?

9Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 12:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I reckon we can go out and win, it will be a close one.

You clearly didn't go last night. Were you shagging some tramp behind the Asda bins?
No it was behind Bargain Booze again!  Razz

10Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I reckon we'll get dicked, Wigan are a class above us.

2-0 to Wigan. At least.

Your mole has more chance of correctly predicting the result and your mole is absolutely useless, but the law of averages says one of your predictions will be right sooner or later. Maybe this will be the game when your losing streak finally comes to an end?

11Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 12:43

She's scaled down from losing 4-1 every match to 2-0 loss now, there must be something positive she's seen.

12Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:02

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

13Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can't see us winning to be honest, we were poor last night and Wigan are a far better side than Blackpool. Our midfield is clueless and couldn't pass water and will be even worse if Mavies is ruled out

14Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:17

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really hope we don't lose this game, apparently there will be around 4K pie eaters at the Reebok on Saturday.

15Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

isn't that their entire home crowd? The club need to ring Hollands and order extra if this is the case.

16Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Mar 26 2014, 14:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will get battered 0_4.

17Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Mar 27 2014, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Wigan Athletic

Regular foes in recent seasons, true to local derby mantra clashes between Bolton and Wigan usually prove to be dramatic, high goalscoring affairs.

Since the Latics were first promoted to the Premier League in 2005, there have been no less than 18 meetings between the two sides, with Wigan currently holding the upper hand with seven victories as opposed to Wanderers’ four.

However, on the occasions that Bolton have claimed local bragging rights, it normally comes in emphatic fashion.

As if to prove this point, the Whites’ last home win in this fixture came back in March 2010, when goals from Johan Elmander, Kevin Davies, Fabrice Muamba and Matthew Taylor secured a 4-0 win.

The previous Whites’ victory at BL6 before that came in December 2007, with Davies again on the scoresheet as Wigan were once again hit for four.

Although the Latics have emerged victorious in the last two meetings between the two sides, most recently in Uwe Rosler’s first league match in charge of the Latics back in December, league doubles in this fixture are a rare occurrence.

Registering just one double each, Bolton were the last side to achieve the feat back in the 1992/93 season, and will be hopeful of ensuring things stay that way come the final whistle on Saturday afternoon.

Eager to secure an immediate return to the Premier League, Wigan will be looking to pick up maximum points as they look to cement their place in the Championship play-offs spots, despite having the distraction of an FA Cup semi-final to look forward to next month.

Arsenal await the Latics at Wembley in April as they look to defend their crown, and after beating Manchester City in the previous round, Rosler’s side have proven they are not a team to be taken lightly.

Having lost just three times since the German arrived at the DW Stadium, Wigan have coped well with their dual responsibilities so far this campaign.

However, after suffering a rare defeat to fellow promotion-challengers Queens Park Rangers in their last outing, Rosler will be looking for an immediate recovery from his side.

Set for a run of four consecutive home matches after their visit to the Reebok, Wigan will be under no illusions as to how important three points on Saturday could be ahead of a decisive few weeks in their campaign.

With Wanderers themselves entering the clash on the back of a 1-0 derby victory over Blackpool on Tuesday evening however, Dougie Freedman and his side will be going all out to record back-to-back wins over their local rivals and climb up the league standings as the season enters the final furlong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Mar 27 2014, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Drysdale on the whistle

Darren Drysdale will take charge of Wanderers’ derby clash with Wigan Athletic on Saturday afternoon.

Having officiated his first Championship fixture back in January 2005, the Lincolnshire based referee has been the man in the middle of 29 games so far this term, issuing 91 yellow cards and eight red cards during the current campaign.

Saturday’s match will be the first time Mr Drysdale has ever taken charge of a Wanderers match.

Scott Oldham and Jason Whiteley will run the line, while Geoff Eltringham is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Mar 27 2014, 13:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Man for man they've been playing better than us since Rosler arrived- but our defence seems to be a bit more resilient.
I reckon 1 apiece.

20Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Mar 27 2014, 18:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Has draw written all over it, Possibly 1-1, but I'll go for a 2-2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: