Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+29
doffcocker
CAMPO
terenceanne
White84
Angry Dad
bryan458
aaron_bwfc
observer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
rammywhite
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 20:09

terenceanne wrote:I think most who looked at the team sheet before kick-off had the same reaction....WTF is this bloke doing again.

Everyone worked hard....there is no complaint about the players effort from me.  The Fookup is the negative tactics.  The game was crying out for a second striker ....in the second half even the commentator at the game said the Duke was visable tired.....
What does the haggis man do.....wait till the 85th minute to bring on Beckford. So he brings on Baps to protect a lead.....WTF is the point at this stage of the season.....Wigan were wide open at some points and could have been put to bed.... I don't know....again good work the lads but they are hampered IMO.

Why can't you see that the tactics worked for us today? Hitting Wigan on the counter made us far more threatening than them, it's nothing to do with being negative it's just having a game plan and executing it which went very well.

The game wasn't calling out for a second striker at all, Hall and Lee supported Juke superbly during the match as did Moritz when he came on (Trotter was a weak link). Are you seriously questioning the point of protecting a lead? We needed fresh legs on and Baptiste is a defensive minded player who can come on and provide some cover.

I don't get your attitude, the manager and players perform well yet you try your hardest to find a way of saying he fucked up. The game plan was obvious as was it's success.

102Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 20:17

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Trotter makes Pratley look world class, he can't tackle, can't head, can't shoot and in the second half he was away on the right wing and was eased of the ball easier than Eagles and he's built like a brick shithouse, and after the game Dougie said he gave everything!!

103Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 20:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

intense anti Scottish bile in this thread as usual.

104Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 20:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:I think most who looked at the team sheet before kick-off had the same reaction....WTF is this bloke doing again.

Everyone worked hard....there is no complaint about the players effort from me.  The Fookup is the negative tactics. 

Spot on.

Fair play to the players, they put a good shift in, made it difficult for Wigan, particularly the back four and Medo and Spearing.

As usual, people are getting shots confused with chances. Al Habsi had a lot to do, but he'd have been as bored as Nat if not for a lot of long range efforts. How many times did we say "oh he should have scored there"? I don't think anybody can say we created an impressive level of opportunities. Even the goal looked preventable from their point of view.

P.S. I take it I've missed some news regarding Danns, as he wasn't even on the bench, and nobody seems too upset.

105Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aren't all goals preventable?

106Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Aren't all goals preventable?

Some more so than others.

107Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:28

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The game was there for us to win and the game changer was DFs subs. How anyone can completely ignore that is beyond me. Stop trying to defend him 1874. DF yet again messed it up. The change should've been Moritz for Trotter and Beckford for Juke and we'd have won that must prob by 3! I don't understand why you feel that DF can't be criticised and must be defended all time. Maybe it's time to get a but of backbone eh?

108Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:39

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Moving Medo from centre to effectively the wing was a master stroke! Made us too narrow and caused confusion along the back four.

I'll give DF the credit for the team selection (baring Trotter) and tactics were working great before those subs. Makes me think that he might have just been lucky with that as he threw away all the good work which was done before. Not good enough and clearly shows a manager out of his depth!

109Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:43

The game plan was spot on and worked well, it's laughable that after a good performance against a superior side people are still looking for a stick to beat Dougie with. The fact they got a goal after the subs came on doesn't mean for a second that it was a direct result of them, Wigan didn't suddenly start dominating us. They nicked an undeserved equaliser and Baptiste made another cock up for the penalty, luckily Bogdan bailed us out.

It was an experimental line up and we got a MOTM (in my opinion) performance from a youngster Dougie brought to the club - giving the youth players a go is something we all want to see more of.

DF's been fair game for criticism most games this season, not this though you're just clutching at straws for something to criticise for and it's an incorrect analysis of the game.

110Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:44

JAH wrote:Moving Medo from centre to effectively the wing was a master stroke! Made us too narrow and caused confusion along the back four.

I'll give DF the credit for the team selection (baring Trotter) and tactics were working great before those subs. Makes me think that he might have just been lucky with that as he threw away all the good work which was done before. Not good enough and clearly shows a manager out of his depth!

Medo was moved wide to give some cover from McManaman who was their main threat. He certainly wasn't asked to play as a winger.

111Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:48

One thing I would say is Moritz and Beckford should have come on earlier.

112Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:52

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't need to clutch at straws. DF balls it up with the subs and most of the stadium could see that when he brought on Baptiste. It was working so well and it was a lovely surprise to see how well we played but the change gave the midfield to Wigan and they started attacking us at will. As crap as Trotter had been, at least his position commanded some caution from the Wigan midfielders. Seeing Trotter subed for a defender was all that Wigan needed to drive at us. And btw you haven't allowed anyone to criticise DF this season after any game.

113Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 21:59

Your entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. But I certainly didn't see the game in that way and I don't think putting an extra man in with Baptiste handed the midfield to Wigan. 

A good game plan and performance, and some encouraging performances. Wigan took their chance well, great finish from Powell.

114Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 22:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:The game plan was spot on and worked well, it's laughable that after a good performance against a superior side people are still looking for a stick to beat Dougie with.

I didn't see a game plan that we've not tried to implement in previous matches that we've deservedly lost.
What went right today was individual performances and I credit Dougie for rallying the players.

It's a decent day at the office in terms of the result, but the idea that much of it is owed to a tactical master stroke by Freedman is wrong in my opinion.
Given how well the back four played, as well as Medo and Spearing, I think there's a lot of things we could have tried that would have got us at least a point.
I think most people are in agreement that Trotter offers nothing. To bring him into the team for such a big game is just ridiculous, and arguably cost us two points.

115Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 22:24

I agree Trotter doesn't merit a place in the team but I don't think Dougie did see it as a big game (nothing to play for so to speak), so that's why I thought it was experimental in that he wanted to get a look at Trotter and give Hall a go.

I wouldn't say it's a tactical master stroke, you're right we've tried and failed before with the same approach all Im saying is I don't agree that Dougie cost us two points today with negative tactics. I thought the subs were correct, but Juke and Trotter should have come off earlier.

116Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 23:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trotter is extremely slow, I'm not sure I've seen a slower footed player. 

I'm not sure how you would utilise him honestly, I've not seen any unique skill of flashes of anything so far that tells me he should be in the team ahead of Danns. Thought he had an alright first half though tbh.

117Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat 29 Mar - 23:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Fantastic game today, I really enjoyed it. I must admit, I was very worried after seeing our starting 11, with back to one up front, but we played really well and we really should have been out of sight in the second half.

Wigan should have been down to ten men, but the referee bottled it, Al Habsi made about five or six brilliant saves, to keep Wigan in the game. I was really pleased with Rob Hall, he was great too. The Juke was fooking awesome yet again and we really need to make him a priority signing in the summer and build the team around him.

I think Hutton is really looking the part now and I would much rather have him at right back than Baptiste. The only negatives for me today, was Trotter, who was shit again and Baptiste for nearly giving Wigan the three points.

I must admit, I celebrated Bogdan's penalty save, like a goal, just fooking awsome! It actually felt like a win in the end.

I totally agree with all the points You have made! I celebrated like we'd scored too!

118Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun 30 Mar - 0:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A really good save was that from Bogdan.

It's the height of the penalty, they usually beat the goalie.

119Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun 30 Mar - 2:20

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great save from Boggers,don't think I have seen a better penalty save. I'm all for experimenting but it's not an experiment with Trotter,everybody knows the bloke is just total shite. I've never seen a more lame player in a Bolton shirt.Just wobbles around in the midfield doing as little as he can get away with. If he just looked like he was trying and putting some effort in you could perhaps give him the benefit of the doubt but he can't be arsed. Dougie's just bound to sign him up for next season,you can see it coming.
That said,we played well today and deserved the victory but ended up being lucky to come away with a point.

120Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun 30 Mar - 10:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There seems to be a few people saying Dougie's subs weren't to blame for the draw, so let's turn this around - over the course of this season how many times have Dougie's substitutions turned a game in our favour?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum