Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+29
doffcocker
CAMPO
terenceanne
White84
Angry Dad
bryan458
aaron_bwfc
observer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
rammywhite
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have just been looking at the Sky Bet Championship team of the weekend and Al Habsi won the Goalkeepers award with nine point. The only Bolton player to make the squad was Wheater with eight.
Still think that he made relatively simple saves look dramatic - most were straight at his head and easy to palm over. Two he would have "saved" with his face if he hadn't put his hands in the way! 

I'm just not buying this "Al Habsi" kept them in it business - it covers up how blunt our attack really was.

And if you look at from another perspective, Ali would have been slaughtered by the media if he'd let any of those efforts in, with the possible exception of Ream's 2nd although he even had plenty of time to see and get down to that.

142Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Agree with you on that Wander, the saves Habsi made were nothing special - if anything most of them were straight at him, a few long rangers but no shots where I though ''wow how did he save that?''

143Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If the plan was to use the breakaway for this game then why did Doog wait till the Duke was completely knackered to then bring on our fastest player....that being Backford.  Surely his pace to latch on to some through balls (or hoofs in our case) may have produced somat?

144Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Mon Mar 31 2014, 22:03

terenceanne wrote:If the plan was to use the breakaway for this game then why did Doog wait till the Duke was completely knackered to then bring on our fastest player....that being Backford.  Surely his pace to latch on to some through balls (or hoofs in our case) may have produced somat?

By that logic Beckford should have started?

145Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Tue Apr 01 2014, 11:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:If the plan was to use the breakaway for this game then why did Doog wait till the Duke was completely knackered to then bring on our fastest player....that being Backford.  Surely his pace to latch on to some through balls (or hoofs in our case) may have produced somat?

By that logic Beckford should have started?

I was going to say that but didn't want to push my luck.

:nono:

146Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Apr 06 2014, 14:50

Natasha Whittam wrote:There seems to be a few people saying Dougie's subs weren't to blame for the draw, so let's turn this around - over the course of this season how many times have Dougie's substitutions turned a game in our favour?

Joe Mason - Huddersfield Away. Game winning sub.

I wonder if there's a thread on a Huddersfield forum slating Robins for not making subs and praising Freedman's approach.

147Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Apr 06 2014, 15:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Joe Mason - Huddersfield Away. Game winning sub.

I wonder if there's a thread on a Huddersfield forum slating Robins for not making subs and praising Freedman's approach.

So once all season then?

148Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sun Apr 06 2014, 15:08

I'm not going to go and look through more results. I've given you a few examples of where subs had won us points.

So your initial statement is proven to be incorrect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum