Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson plays down defeat to Sheff Weds

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has looked to take the sting out of Tuesday night’s result at Sheffield Wednesday by claiming: “It wasn’t a disastrous performance.”

Reaction to Wanderers’ run of one victory in 14 games has been one of serious concern, and the dip in form has seen the team plummet from third in the Championship table to 23rd in just three months.

Parkinson has played down the impact of defeat at Hillsborough, however, as he builds up to Saturday’s local derby with Wigan Athletic.

“We picked up a great point at Millwall and I think we deserved at least a point at Sheffield Wednesday,” he told The Bolton News.

“Across the 90 minutes it wasn’t a disastrous performance where we got beat 5-0, or Ben has had to makes saves, or they’ve hit the bar or post – it wasn’t that type of game. We weren’t cut open. It was just a bad result and we’ll move on.”

Parkinson’s side ended a goal-scoring drought at The Den on Saturday but after drawing another blank, and registering just one shot on target against the Owls, doubts have emerged about his side’s ability to fire themselves out of the relegation zone.

Wanderers have scored just three goals in their last dozen games and the manager concedes his team are lacking inspiration. But Parkinson feels his players have to start helping themselves by being more clinical in front of goal.

“[At Sheffield Wednesday] We had a good chance with Clayton (Donaldson) and (Christain) Doidge, which we should have done better with, but when we’re chasing the game we need someone to produce a quality moment to give us a lift as a team.

“There is nothing wrong with the application from the group of players, or how it is in training, it’s just everyone can see we need someone to do something to give us a lift.”

Wanderers picked up no new injury problems in Sheffield but could bring Erhun Oztumer back into the side after it was felt he did not suit the 4-3-3 formation used on the road over the last couple of games.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is fucking clueless, we had one shot on target all game! Yes we did pick up a point at Millwall but if Parky had sent them out second half to play as they had in the 1st we could and should have won that game.
It's almost like he sets out every game to hopefully scab a goal from somewhere and then sit back and defend....  :whistle:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think he really believes the shit he spouts, like Norpig says we should have had all 3 points at Millwall but for his ultra defensive mindset, Sheffield were attrocious and we were even worse he states "across the 90 minutes it wasn't a disastrous performance" yes it fucking was you deluded tool, I should stop reading his post match comments because the deluded twat makes my blood boil.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's such a shame that a man who's done a good job under difficult circumstances now seems content to let his dignity die a slow and painful death for the sake of some money which won't even be a fortune in real terms. For his own self respect I believe it's well past time that Phil admitted he's taken us as far as he can and stepped aside but he clearly isn't going to do that. I think someone (Nat maybe?) suggested yesterday that he be put on "Gardening Leave" the way Megson was so that someone else from within the club can take over first team affairs. Given our current financial position I believe that's not just a good idea, it may well be the ONLY thing Ken and the rest of the board can do to try and stave off relegation. It's time they acted because every defeat and every 'can do' post match press conference is only making things worse for THEM not Phil. He's already at rock bottom in most fan's eyes so he can't get any worse but they can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum