Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If coyle were to be sacked..

+12
Michael Bolton
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 11:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:One not mentioned yet but worth a shout, Gus Poyet.

I think we have to face facts that Brighton are a bigger and more attractive club than we are these days.
I am afraid you could be right there.

22If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 13:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well only one bookmakers is doing odds but their current favourite is RAFA at 6/1

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

oh and for Doffcocker Megson is 16/1

Of those names only Lee Clarke and Dean Holdsworth seem possible. But as I keep saying, it'll be Billy Davies.

I thought you would have liked Mickey Adams?

Aidy Boothroyd would be my first choice. Souness would be 2nd choice.

23If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't Aidy Boothroyd just another failed manager? He's been fired loads of times.

24If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's not many good manager's about. They've all either got patchy records or are just too inexperienced to be judged. Darren Ferguson looked like a great manager in his first spell at Peterborough. He goes to Preston and does a horrendous job. Look at AVB's record at Porto, and then look how poor he was at Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Lambert is the latest manager to do an unbelievable job with one of his first clubs, then goes somewhere bigger and ballses it up altogether.

So DiCanio seems like an exciting choice at the minute, but for all we know he could be as inept as Coyle. I'm not saying I don't want Coyle replaced - I'm saying there's a lot out there potentially just as clueless as him.

Billy Davies would be my first choice.

25If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Canio would turn this club around. For a start the buzz would be amazing, but more importantly he'd get rid of anyone not giving 100%, and while he was known for being a flair player, he's set Swindon up as a tight defensive unit. Plus, he'd be our best striker.

It'll never happen though, Coyle has set us so far back that Billy Davies is the best we can expect.

26If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Doff in the main.

I would have no problem with Billy Davies.

If we got Mick McCarthy that would seriously, seriously test my loyalty.

Absolutely hate him.

27If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 15:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:Di Canio would turn this club around. For a start the buzz would be amazing, but more importantly he'd get rid of anyone not giving 100%

We wouldn't have any players left for him to manage.

28If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is definitely the manager for us:

Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio says he will not play Wes Foderingham until the goalkeeper apologises to fans for the "arrogance" he showed in their 4-1 defeat by Preston on Sunday.

The 21-year-old was replaced by Leigh Bedwell on 21 minutes after his error lead to Akpo Sodje's opener.

He exchanged words with Di Canio as he left the field and chose to sit in the stands for the remainder of the game.

"He's the worst professional I've ever seen," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire.

"It wasn't only the mistake, which can happen to everyone. It was the arrogance later on when he started moaning to the others. That was the worst thing for me.

"If he doesn't come out and say sorry to the fans for his professionalism, then he is out of my team."

29If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is definitely the manager for us:

Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio says he will not play Wes Foderingham until the goalkeeper apologises to fans for the "arrogance" he showed in their 4-1 defeat by Preston on Sunday.

The 21-year-old was replaced by Leigh Bedwell on 21 minutes after his error lead to Akpo Sodje's opener.

He exchanged words with Di Canio as he left the field and chose to sit in the stands for the remainder of the game.

"He's the worst professional I've ever seen," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire.

"It wasn't only the mistake, which can happen to everyone. It was the arrogance later on when he started moaning to the others. That was the worst thing for me.

"If he doesn't come out and say sorry to the fans for his professionalism, then he is out of my team."

get on the phone gartside...

30If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 15:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terry Connor Wolves assistant just sacked

Interested?

has an exemplary win percentage of 0.00%

31If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 21:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Steve Coppell?

Didn't exactly do the best job with bristol but has a decent record at this leverl.

32If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:35

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well only one bookmakers is doing odds but their current favourite is RAFA at 6/1

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

Sorry but which rafa is this?

33If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

chris_bwfc wrote:

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:43

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:
chris_bwfc wrote:

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well rafa being favourite is a load of BS!

35If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He would neverrrr come here so i have no idea why he's "favourite"

36If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Wed Sep 05 2012, 01:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Curbishley linked with job if Coyle continues to fail...Bit of a non story though,

Alan Curbishley has emerged as an early contender to replace under-fire Bolton manager Owen Coyle, whose team have gained just four points from 12 in their attempt to secure promotion.

Curbishley has been out of the game since leaving West Ham in 2008.

Coyle is fighting to save his job at Bolton after chairman Phil Gartside warned that results must improve.

Bolton are banking on an immediate return to the Premier League but Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Hull left them with four points from their first four games, just days after they crashed out of the Capital One Cup to Crawley Town

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Wed Sep 05 2012, 09:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Curbishley linked with job if Coyle continues to fail...Bit of a non story though,

Alan Curbishley has emerged as an early contender to replace under-fire Bolton manager Owen Coyle, whose team have gained just four points from 12 in their attempt to secure promotion.

Curbishley has been out of the game since leaving West Ham in 2008.

Coyle is fighting to save his job at Bolton after chairman Phil Gartside warned that results must improve.

Bolton are banking on an immediate return to the Premier League but Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Hull left them with four points from their first four games, just days after they crashed out of the Capital One Cup to Crawley Town

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198402/Alan-Curbishley-replace-Owen-Coyle-Bolton.html?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stop messing about gartside and bring him in.

38If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Wed Sep 05 2012, 09:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Curbishley hasn't managed for 4 years, which means he's unlilkely to have a network of scouts and general "contacts" for signing players. Curbishley as manager would be another giant step backwards.

39If coyle were to be sacked.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Wed Sep 05 2012, 10:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He would neverrrr come here so i have no idea why he's "favourite"

Bolton will never win the championship...

but it dont stop us being the bookies favorites... Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum