Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time To Say Goodbye?

+13
wanderlust
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Most of the posters on this forum don't go to games regularly or at all, I couldn't give a fuck whether people who don't go think I'm sad or gullible, but I love Bolton Wanderers, I love football, and I love going to the game.

People justify not going to games in all sorts of ways, and that's fine, but it's a strange day when people are expected to explain why they do go.

22Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:LOL - £100m debt and what have you got to show for it? Fat Kevin Davies and David Ngog. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What have you got to show off? A bunch of chickens and thats just the players.

Not to mention having to make a "chicken" commercial that was not allowed to be shown in the UK and only shown in India and talk about having to sell decent players just to buy players - now that shows lack of money. At least Bolton have not had to sell to buy!!!

Uh, yeah we did.

Who have we sold to buy, this summer transfer?

According to this list (attached) we haven't sold anyone, but we have bought.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:Most of the posters on this forum don't go to games regularly or at all, I couldn't give a fuck whether people who don't go think I'm sad or gullible, but I love Bolton Wanderers, I love football, and I love going to the game.

People justify not going to games in all sorts of ways, and that's fine, but it's a strange day when people are expected to explain why they do go.

Your money LH, you spend it how you want.

Over my near 50 years of supporting BWFC I've probably been to over 1,000 games.

I seldom go these days.

Does the fact I've been to over 1,000 games make me a good fan, or the fact I've hardly seen them play live in the last 5 or 6 years a shit one?

Tbh I don't care what people may think, its my choice to do what I choose to do.

I think though if I was a young man again living near the club I simply would not choose to pay, week after week, to watch in person the same team playing the same tactics under a completely clueless manager, achieving exactly the same results - what is the point in doing so really?

If it's madness Coyle doing the same thing week after week and expecting a different outcome - is it not double madness to go and watch it and triple to actually pay to do so then??

Fair play to you and the others that do so - you're certainly more loyal than I could ever be.

24Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 14:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair post, Sluffy, I just don't see how tactics/performances/results/managerial incompetence are such a big factor. These things are all transitory, BWFC is forever.

THC will recall my anger at someone in a thread on JA606 a while back, This individual abandoned BWFC for FC United of Manchester. Some people ocnsidered that a fair and reasonable thing to do, I think it shows that person up to be a piece of shit.

I feel strongly about my club, the only time I don't go is if work or money physically stop me from going.

If you rationalise football, none of us would go, it's never rationally worth spending the kind of sums involved to watch millionaires kick a ball around, but if you follow that rational through, it's not very logical to watch it on TV either.

25Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well if you go and pay your hard earned money to watch the same old thing - time after time - and more pertinently to watch something that clearly doesn't work - then for me, I simply don't see the point - its just a waste of my time, effort and money.

Even if the players tried to make the most of the shit they are given from Coyle's tactics and played with some sort of passion I could understand the hope of keep going but they don't.

After all these years I'm clearly not a glory hunter but to watch the same madness from the clueless Coyle and the grins from the likes of Knight when once again we lose is simply not enough for me to want to go and watch them life.

I take my hat off to those of you who do but I fear there will be less and less of you the longer Coyle remains in charge and persists with the same old tactics and team selections and achieves the same end results.

26Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:.

THC will recall my anger at someone in a thread on JA606 a while back, This individual abandoned BWFC for FC United of Manchester. Some people ocnsidered that a fair and reasonable thing to do, I think it shows that person up to be a piece of shit.

Bullshit, I totally respect a person who gives up league football for non-league.

Who says a football club is for life?

27Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:.

Bullshit, I totally respect a person who gives up league football for non-league.

Who says a football club is for life?

stone me... but im with Largehat on this...

you NEVER EVER EVER abandon your team for nothing...

slag them off all you want, just dont support another club, its not about football, I dont know what the fuck it is, but its deeper than just going watching games - its something 'there' its a part of you...

hard to explain...

28Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

stone me... but im with Largehat on this...

you NEVER EVER EVER abandon your team for nothing...

slag them off all you want, just dont support another club, its not about football, I dont know what the fuck it is, but its deeper than just going watching games - its something 'there' its a part of you...

hard to explain...

It's hard to explain because it isn't true. A football club is juts like your favourite restaurant, brand of clothing or prostitute - you are free to change at any time, especially if standards drop.

29Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel, don't reply to Natasha, you're being WUMmed.

30Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Rebel, don't reply to Natasha, you're being WUMmed.

Ah, the old Hipster get-out-of-jail-card. When on the ropes claim you're being WUMmed.

I am simply asking WHY you have to stick with one club all your life. You claimed someone was a "piece of shit" because he gave up supporting a Premier League club in favour of a non league club.

Can't you see you are being exploited as a fan of a PL league club? You put loads in and get bugger all back.

31Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, you were doing well but then you dropped this comedy line in:

"A football club is juts like your favourite restaurant, brand of clothing or prostitute - you are free to change at any time, especially if standards drop."

Don't pretend people chopping and changing football clubs is like eating at a different restaurant or buying a different pair of pants of sticking your length into a different pot of jam.

32Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"when you're on the ropes"

I'm never on the ropes because if I'm wrong or i change my mind i just say so.

couldn't care less about being "wrong on the internet"

33Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Don't pretend people chopping and changing football clubs is like eating at a different restaurant or buying a different pair of pants of sticking your length into a different pot of jam.

It's exactly the same, it really is. I'm still waiting for someone to say why you're not allowed to change who you support.

34Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think you have to experience the lows to fully appreciate the highs. That shouldn't imply that I think many highs are just round the corner.

My nanna asked me today why I bother going watching "that shower of shite". Obviously it's shit and has been for 18 months but I'd hate to not have an opinion on why it's shit.

35Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 21:00

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:LOL - £100m debt and what have you got to show for it? Fat Kevin Davies and David Ngog. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm always relieved that I'm not from Blackburn

36Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 01:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know if you can get this but it's my club. I like watching any footie and played for as long as I could (I was 50 when I packed it in) and I'll happily watch Manure playing in the Champions league and England being England, but when it comes to supporting a team there is and always will be only one team.
The only analogy I can think of right now (just come in a bit worse for wear) is it's like having a kid that's not very good at something. You still love 'em, you still encourage 'em no matter what a twat they make of themselves.

37Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 01:24

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Never ever stop supporting Bowton, it's hard work at times, but been doing it for too long, just to stop and walk away, Never.

38Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 08:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all in your heads. There is no rule that says you have to stick to one team. It's half the problem with football these days, so many people have been brainwashed into following a club they are scared to vote with their feet. You get little Hitler's like Largehat who call people "twats" for deciding to find a club that offers the supporter something back once in a while.

Imagine any other part of the entertainment business offered as little entertainment as Bolton, they'd be out of business within a month.

I admire the people behind FC United. They got sick of the corporate shite at Man Utd and formed their own club. How anyone can be called a "twat" for that is ridiculous. When I get the backing for Kendal Wanderers, Largehat will be begging to come along.

39Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 08:56

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I do remember the article LH about the lad changing his allegiance and just how pissed off it made you. As a result I recall telling you about the season I spent supporting Carlisle when I lived up there, even occasionally turning down BWFC tickets.
I went to watch football, I still hate not watching a match a 3 on a saturday. Being in the stands at Carlisle was like being 14 again. Stood on th embankment having a crafty fag and a laugh, intoxicating stuff and very enjoyable. Can't remember the last time Wanderers felt like that, St Andrews maybe in the cup.

40Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 11:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's all in your heads. There is no rule that says you have to stick to one team. It's half the problem with football these days, so many people have been brainwashed into following a club they are scared to vote with their feet. You get little Hitler's like Largehat who call people "twats" for deciding to find a club that offers the supporter something back once in a while.

Imagine any other part of the entertainment business offered as little entertainment as Bolton, they'd be out of business within a month.

I admire the people behind FC United. They got sick of the corporate shite at Man Utd and formed their own club. How anyone can be called a "twat" for that is ridiculous. When I get the backing for Kendal Wanderers, Largehat will be begging to come along.

This is why football is on its arse... Glory hunting feckers like you, if poeple suported the club they were supposed to, money would be spread more even, and so would fanbases...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum