Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time To Say Goodbye?

+13
wanderlust
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

This is why football is on its arse... Glory hunting feckers like you, if poeple suported the club they were supposed to, money would be spread more even, and so would fanbases...

You bellend, how can it be glory hunting to stop following Bolton and watch PNE, Chorley or Bamber Bridge - it's the exact opposite.

42Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is true...

Wasnt durectly aimed at you, was a more general statement. But turning your back on your club because things are a little ....well a lot shit,is just wrong...

43Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will never change clubs, when I'm watching Bolton i get that nervous feeling, when they lose i get pissed off, when they win I'm elated. If i watch another game, unless it's a cracker I'm bored.

Up here though it's the norm to "support" more than one club, which i also find baffling.

I know someone who "supports" a scottish team, 2 premier league teams and a league two team?!?!

Urm, no.

44Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:This is true...

Wasnt durectly aimed at you, was a more general statement. But turning your back on your club because things are a little ....well a lot shit,is just wrong...

If it was just a shit team I could put up with that, as I have many times in the past. But this club has no long-term future and very little ambition. Even if we did get back in the PL, the objective would just be the same - finish 17th or higher.

Right now I'd rather be following a Chorley or a Bamber Bridge who are obviously shit, but they have ambition and character, something BWFC hasn't had since Fat Sam left.

45Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I dont understand how people can support 2 teams.. round here I know a few people who support their home town (Halifax or Huddersfield) then also support a Premiership team. (which is always one of the usual top 4)

46Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was born in Bolton but have lived in Preston for many years, so I can understand why people would have two teams.

47Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But how? Do you feel the same passion for PNE that you do for Bolton?

48Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who do you support when they play each other? Let me guess, you hope for a draw!

49Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But how? Do you feel the same passion for PNE that you do for Bolton?

I have no feelings for PNE whatsoever, the opposite in fact. But I'm saying I can understand why people have two teams. If I'd been born in Bolton but lived in London I'd want to follow someone local.

50Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hmm fair enough, i don't feel that way at all.

51Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:hmm fair enough, i don't feel that way at all.

Some people have to be at a game, any game, even if it's Coventry or Aberdeen.

52Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

again fair enough.

Not for me.

53Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bamber Bridge anyone?

54Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 17:14

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

On a positive note my German team Schalke 04 won 3-1 today. So you can support more than one team Wink

55Time To Say Goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Sat Sep 01 2012, 17:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was born in Bolton but have lived in Preston for many years, so I can understand why people would have two teams.
I've lived in Norfolk for the best part of 10 years now and the Canaries are just 20 minutes away. I like them when they're not playing us. But for some mad reason, I do a round trip to the Reebok as often as I can to watch my footie. 10 to 12 hours driving all told, can't have a drink at the game unless I stay over at my bro's house and am generally treated to a pile of shite on the park. In no other aspect of my life do I have any signs of masochistic tendencies. Go figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum