Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Coyle quote!

+4
yesbutno
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Classic Coyle quote! Empty Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle: "We have to start keeping clean sheets and stop leaking soft goals."

Official Twitter -

1 hour ago.

From the BBC preview for the game -

Managed only one clean sheet in the last FOURTYSIX away league games.

(make that 47 now!)

Who said Coyle isn't a quick learner!

2Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Good idea, Coyle - let's try that!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well I suppose if it takes him 46 away games to figure this out then we maybe in with a shout of promotion. Very Happy

4Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:41

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Is it possible to find out how much Coyle and Gartside are paid?

According to figures obtained from Companies House, BWFC spend about £51million on staff (inc. players) wages. This is a hell of a lot of money. For example if 25 (squad) players at Bolton were paid £30,000 a week it would come to about £48m (I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected). I'm pretty sure there is no way on gods earth that there are 25 players at Bolton on this money.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a breakdown of who gets what.

This £110million debt is just accepted, no one asks where has all the Sky money has gone. It's certainly not been spent on players.

5Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:47

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The one clean sheet was at QPR last season. That means two full seasons in the Premiership with only one clean sheet. That must be some kind of record. By the same reckoning we must have gone the whole of the 2010-2011 season without a clean sheet away from home. Can that really be right ?

6Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Under coyle anything is possible so yeah it's probably right.

7Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:06

Our last away clean sheet prior to QPR was a 0-0 draw at Wigan in February 2010, all I remember about that game was it was bloody freezing.

8Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I believe Gartside is on 650K a year, that figure was used at the fans' forum. Coyle will be on about 1M at a guess.

9Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's so basic but it's taken Coyle 2 years to realise - not that he will actually do anything about it. How can anyone not miss BSA?

10Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:48

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Really he should be sacked for that comment. It just shows he has a two year time delay in his brain. Maybe in 2014 he will say "Fuck me, I should have gone 4-5-1 when we used to be in the Premier League".

11Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:04

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Thank You Large Hat for your info. If true it's outrageous that a company the size of Burnden Leisure (or what name they go by) a failing company, should pay the chairman (CEO) whatever, £650,000pa.

I wonder what other 'Boards' Gartside sits on and if he pays his full amount of tax.

12Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is from the Wembley Stadium website:

Philip qualified as a Management Accountant in 1973. He has been Chairman of Burnden Leisure plc, the parent company of Bolton Wanderers FC, since 2000. He is also the Executive Chairman of Locker Group Pty Limited, an engineering group based in Australia.

Philip is an Executive Board Member of The FA, a member of the FA Cup Committee and a Premier League representative with the Football Foundation. He became a director of BWFC in 1989 and Chairman in 1999. Philip joined the Wembley Stadium Board in February 2005.

In other words, he's coining it in.

13Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Sun Sep 02 2012, 22:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

yesbutno wrote:Thank You Large Hat for your info. If true it's outrageous that a company the size of Burnden Leisure (or what name they go by) a failing company, should pay the chairman (CEO) whatever, £650,000pa.

I wonder what other 'Boards' Gartside sits on and if he pays his full amount of tax.

Just for clarity -

Mr Gartside is the Chairman of the board - the board is appointed by the shareholders (the owners in effect) in the business to oversee that their investment is being run properly.

Eddie Davies of course more or less is the sole owner and appoints the board and its chair - ie Gartside and the others.

There is also a Chief Executive Officer who is paid to run the business (who iirc received more than Gartside does). The CEO being a full time employee of the business, whereas Gartside role as Chair (I very much doubt) would be a full time (ie 40 hours per week, or whatever it may be).

Mr Gartside, the CEO would appoint the club manager Owen Coyle.

(Probably by following out the instructions of Mr Davies).

Mr Davies as brought in investment of about £100 million to the club and receives interest payments from the club on these investments.

Some fans of the club think the interest repayments are scandalous.

Maybe they would like to give the club an interest free loan of £100 million instead then?

From a business point of view two basic things matter - the return of the money you have invested and improving your business so that it is worth more if and when you may want to sell it.

If the club is not looking to be sold then as long as the return of the money invested is secure then it matters not if we are in the Premier League or the Conference.

Ok that is massively over simplified but as long as the club remains solvent, can meet the interest payments on the loans and repay them in full once they fall due, then that is basically all the owner requires the club to do.

If the club returns to the Premier its income is greatly increased - but so to is its expenditure. If the club stays in the Championship or lower - its income is much less - but so to are its costs.

A business objective for the club and a fans desire for it may not necessarily always be mutually compatible.

I am not saying the club wanted to get relegated, nor am I saying it does not want to get immediately promoted but as long as the bottom line figures of the business are agreeable to the owner, then in theory it (in the short term) it should not matter too much to him which division we actually do play in.

Therefore - and here is the punch line - Coyle's job is secure as long as Mr Davies is happy in the direction he is taking the club in.

Young side, successful, with players to sell on seems to be the model we are going for - which in theory is better achievable outside the Premier.

Trouble is up to now Coyle's 'buys' whilst being young don't seem to be successful or accumulating in value.

Will Mr Davies still give Coyle time to turn things around?

I think reading between the lines that he will be given up to Christmas or else he's gone.

14Classic Coyle quote! Empty Re: Classic Coyle quote! Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just what you expect a dead man walking to say, what has he got left in his locker, just a plea for a last chance, WANKER.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum