Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Autistic depressive fat bloke banged up for plotting acts of terrorism

+3
Sluffy
gloswhite
wanderlust
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are terrorists and then there are terrorists but this bloke  ("The Eagle" Shocked ) just got banged up for life for intense stupidity as much as anything else.

I wouldn't have sympathy for the man if it wasn't for the fact that he is clearly not a full shilling. I mean he was caught after he wrote a note to himself (badly) about how is was planning to kill a load of people in London which he then tore into pieces and left out side his front door. He was planning an attack on Madame Tussaud's and it wouldn't surprise me if he thought he was going to blow up Michael Jackson, Mahatma Gandhi, Maggie Thatcher and Dolly Parton. 

No doubt he'll spend the rest of his life on the meds he should have been getting all along.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Being autistic and depressive doesn't mean that he wouldn't have carried his plans through.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Being autistic and depressive doesn't mean that he wouldn't have carried his plans through.
A narrow escape then. Phew.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Being autistic and depressive doesn't mean that he wouldn't have carried his plans through.
A narrow escape then. Phew.

Hardly a narrow one -

"Such was the official concern about what Ludlow may do, he was placed under 24-hour armed surveillance and a decision was made to intercept him were he to head for central London".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47458354

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who went to the trouble of piecing back together the note he ripped up? Good job the piece about killing people didn't blow away or they never would have caught him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Who went to the trouble of piecing back together the note he ripped up? Good job the piece about killing people didn't blow away or they never would have caught him.
The international master criminal was foiled by the weather. Damn you Bond!

Mind you he had another fatal flaw in his "plan" to wreak havoc on the west...

Long a person of concern to police and MI5, Ludlow became the subject of intense surveillance early last year when he began preparations for a mass casualty terror attack. He made plans for a truck attack in central London - but had not learned to drive because he was "scared of crashing".

FFS.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:Who went to the trouble of piecing back together the note he ripped up? Good job the piece about killing people didn't blow away or they never would have caught him.

Long a person of concern to police and MI5, Ludlow became the subject of intense surveillance early last year when he began preparations for a mass casualty terror attack. He made plans for a truck attack in central London - but had not learned to drive because he was "scared of crashing".

FFS.
I agree Wander, that it sounds absurd, however, this person was too stupid to give it up. As time went on, who is to say that he wouldn't have found some way to fulfill, or at least partially fulfill, his ambitions. I feel that in this case the intention would have eventually been put together with the opportunity, and the ability, to produce a very poor outcome to some innocent bystander. 
I find it odd that you seem to take umbridge with all the professionals, who know this individual extremely well. 
Would you be different if he was a Brexit supporter  Very Happy (sorry, just pulling your leg)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

FFS.
I agree Wander, that it sounds absurd, however, this person was too stupid to give it up. As time went on, who is to say that he wouldn't have found some way to fulfill, or at least partially fulfill, his ambitions. I feel that in this case the intention would have eventually been put together with the opportunity, and the ability, to produce a very poor outcome to some innocent bystander. 
I find it odd that you seem to take umbridge with all the professionals, who know this individual extremely well. 
Would you be different if he was a Brexit supporter  Very Happy (sorry, just pulling your leg)
I don't have any problem with the decision Glos but to me it looks like all this - and his previous neo- Nazi "fad" are symptoms of a young man who is desperate for the world to take him seriously in the absence of social and other interpersonal skills and could all have been avoided if social services and the mental health experts had taken him in years ago. However those services have been decimated by years of cutbacks and cost-cutting so like the police, the remaining services are forced to operate reactively rather than preventively. 
It's like knife crime. The current debate is around increasing police numbers and increasing divisive issues like stop and search, when the underlying problems could be addressed by increasing the police numbers to deal with low level crimes in the communities affected e.g. burglary, threatening behaviour and vandalism - because if they investigated and prosecuted those properly it would restore the trust of the community and nip the problem in the bud. And community relations are a key part of successful policing if not the most important part. It's a partnership against crime.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

FFS.
I don't have any problem with the decision Glos but to me it looks like all this - and his previous neo- Nazi "fad" are symptoms of a young man who is desperate for the world to take him seriously in the absence of social and other interpersonal skills and could all have been avoided if social services and the mental health experts had taken him in years ago. However those services have been decimated by years of cutbacks and cost-cutting so like the police, the remaining services are forced to operate reactively rather than preventively. 
It's like knife crime. The current debate is around increasing police numbers and increasing divisive issues like stop and search, when the underlying problems could be addressed by increasing the police numbers to deal with low level crimes in the communities affected e.g. burglary, threatening behaviour and vandalism - because if they investigated and prosecuted those properly it would restore the trust of the community and nip the problem in the bud. And community relations are a key part of successful policing if not the most important part. It's a partnership against crime.
I agree with all you say, however, in this particular case, I got the impression that you thought the authorities were over reacting, and cited his depression and autism as a reason to go easy on him. 
Take him in, as they did, and then treat him, as you suggest, but there's still no reason to believe that he would change his outlook on life. Who is to say that once he settled down after being released, he wouldn't continue his ways, but was more able to execute his plans. Locking him up was the best thing to do, on all levels.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Everyone's got it in for fat bloke

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Everyone's got it in for fat bloke
Possibly because he's also a thick twat with personality and potentially personal hygiene issues, although it's probably not his fault.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Possibly because he's also a thick twat with personality and potentially personal hygiene issues, although it's probably not his fault.
Very Happy

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Very Happy
Don't forget the crocs with no socks gloss Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Something I've managed to avoid, those crocs. 
Wouldn't be surprised if Mr pig wears them though, when he's slopping out his bedpans  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Something I've managed to avoid, those crocs. 
Wouldn't be surprised if Mr pig wears them though, when he's slopping out his bedpans  Very Happy

They really are fugly but to be fair they are really comfy!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'd be worried about having a piss when wearing them, in case I dripped through the holes  Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'd be worried about having a piss when wearing them, in case I dripped through the holes  Laughing
Drippage is a problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum