Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Bolton fans nasty?

+9
Dunkels King
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
Bernard Dennis Park
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
largehat
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard a lot of criticism about Bolton fans for the way we treat Megson. Megson hardly did badly for us, he never got us relegated and he did probably as well as anyone could with the players we had.

Now I see Coyle getting lots of abuse. I feel its sad that Coyle is getting so much abuse. The man is a lovely fella, he doesn't mean to be doing badly for us. He couldn't wait to come and manage us, we all had fond memories of him as a player.

I want a change in manager but I couldn't ever bring myself to throwing insults about him or calling him a cu*t or a tw*t. At the end of the day Coyle is trying his best, he has had to work on a very small budget throughout his time at Bolton - and before people say he spent money on players like Sordell, Ream, Ngog, Wheater, etc - he did rake in that money from the sales of Cahill, Taylor, Habsi, etc.

Are Bolton fans nasty in the way we treat managers?

2Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's a tricky one. I didn't like hearing the chants for Coyle to go forth and multiply today, but the message has to be put across somehow if people want him to go.

As for Megson, I think he was as quick to get on the fans' backs as the fans were to him. He got abused mainly because he's a fucking gobshite.

3Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Great post, Michael. I accept that people have a right to criticise, particularly on occasions such as this evening, I don't like to hear him being on the end of abuse either though.

4Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I hate seeing the manager of my club abused, I didn't like megson but was never keen on when he was booed or insulted but it's the only way football fans know who to react and know it will work.

Everyone with half a brain knows coyle isn't a twat, he's a great guy but when we are playing so badly he is going to get called every name under the sun by the fans.

5Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We have been so frustrated and underwhelmed for so long with both players and manager that there comes a point when you just have to say "No mas." Some of just don't speak Spanish and use some good old-fashioned anglo-saxon words to express ourselves. There is no malice behind calling Mr. Coyle a twat, but frustration must be vented somehow. Just my ha'penny worth.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is indeed a great post largehat. Very Happy

I think it is a tough one to answer. When Big Sam was manager I don't recall anyone getting on his back, everyone seemed to have a lot of confidence and faith in his ability.

But since he left we have had 3 really ordinary managers in Sammy Lee, Gary Mugson, Owen Coyle. I don't think any of us rated any of them. It has been frustrating. Would other clubs have treat the managers in the same way we have? Its hard to know isn't it - I mean do you remember Newcastle fans treatment of Big Sam? Blackburn fans treatment of Steve Kean last season? Maybe it is just the norm that if a manager is not doing a good job the fans go nuts at the manager.

It is so important for any club to get the right manager. Look at ourselves and Blackburn in the last 18 months or so. On the other hand Swansea for example have got it right. Rogers was excellent for them and Laudrup was a fantastic appointment, he always looked a quality manager when in Spain. I do think Michael Laudrup will end up at a really big club.

Next choice of manager has to be Aidy Boothroyd.

7Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:59

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't really like the abuse today but I can understand it.

8Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:02

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's what it is with me, he seems a nice guy, his hearts in the right place but whether it's just bad luck or he's Clueless.

Torn between pressing the trigger and giving him the next 4 games.

If i thought there was somebody out there and would come and do a better job, i would press the trigger.. but if he does go i could understand that .

9Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

To the tune of "stand up if you hate Man U"

We could sing, "nice bloke but you have to go, nice bloke but you have to go, nice bloke...etc"

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

10Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not being pedantic here Biggie but the tune is actually Go West by the Pet Shop Boys.

11Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:52

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thank you for the information.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

12Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm a veritable curiosity shop of gay pop trivia.

13Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:32

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Fans change their tune pretty quickly. One week Megson was the Ginger Mourinho, the next he should be hung. I think the problem with Megson was he gave as good as he got. Is that such a bad thing ? With Coyle he never has a bad word for anyone so that is why some people think of it as being harsh to rip into him. It's not really Coyles fault. The board should realise we are not going straight back up under Coyle, which according to Gartside is absolutely required, and therefore do something now while we still have a chance of recovery.

14Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's getting paid £1m a year, he deserves the abuse and more. If he had any pride he would have resigned at the end of last season when he got us relegated after 10 years in the PL.

This is about money and nothing else. Coyle will hang on in there for as long as Eddie Davies lets him, then take a tidy payoff to fuck off.

Do not have sympathy for this parasite, he has one aim - to get what he can for himself and his chums.

15Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 11:21

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:I'm not being pedantic here Biggie but the tune is actually Go West by the Pet Shop Boys.

well, that wasn't the original

16Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 12:48

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

For once i agree with Natasha you live and die by your results.Thats the nature of the job.To me he seems like he just does not know what to do.A new manager most of the time helps the clubs results improve.

17Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 13:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think abusing the manager is a waste of time and effort and if anything, makes things worse by undermining the players confidence even more. Fact is that the axe will fall if he continues to fail to meet his targets, just as in any job. Piling on the abuse won't change that or make it happen any quicker because the club can't change change the agreement re performance they've made with OC. When the time comes a decision will be made.
Meanwhile, the abuse he's getting is damaging the club, damaging the players confidence and making a lot of people look like ignorant twats. Annoying - they're making us a laughing stock for every Bolton Hater in the land.

18Are Bolton fans nasty? Empty Re: Are Bolton fans nasty? Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric Todkill wrote:
largehat wrote:I'm not being pedantic here Biggie but the tune is actually Go West by the Pet Shop Boys.

well, that wasn't the original

Fair enough, I don't remember football chants being sung to that tune before that came out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum