Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Coyle thought - Hull game

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Coyle thought - Hull game Empty What Coyle thought - Hull game Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Owen Coyle says his side must cut out conceding sloppy goals, after Wanderers slipped to a 3-1 defeat at Hull City.

Chris Eagles’ long-range free-kick gave Bolton the lead on 17 minutes, before Sone Aluko levelled prior to half time.

And ultimately two goals in the space of three second half minutes saw the hosts secure all three points.

Speaking in his post-match press, Coyle said: “We’re of course utterly disappointed, angry and frustrated, because we started the game reasonably well and took the lead and looked comfortable.

“Hull have got some very good players, but I felt we made it too easy for them this afternoon.

“Whilst they finished their goals well, we caused our own problems. We had opportunities in the run-up to the first goal to clear our lines, but we never did that and came in at 1-1 at half time.

“The disappointing thing from my point of view is the way we started the second half.

“Even after we went 2-1 down, we’ve still got 44 minutes to get ourselves back in the game. We’ve then allowed another soft goal, as good a finish as it was, and that gave us a mountain to climb that ultimately proved too much.

“We have to accept and take responsibility. We have to start keeping clean sheets and stop leaking soft goals.

“We’ll always create chances, because I think we’re a very offensive team and we’ve got terrific attacking players, but we have to learn to defend and cut out sloppy goals.

“I thought Jay Spearing had an outstanding debut, but we need more than the odd one or two to perform well.

“I understand exactly how the fans are feeling and as a manager I accept that responsibility.

“The fans came today and got behind the team again. Ideally, we would have liked to have gone into the international break with three points and have the feeling that the Hull players and staff have. Instead, we’ve got a lot of time to think things over and we’ll take things from there.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Really!!?

If he told me it was raining I'd go to the window myself to look - that's how much I believe what he says!

2What Coyle thought - Hull game Empty Re: What Coyle thought - Hull game Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:45

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Are we conceding sloppy goals? I'm glad you've figured that out now, Coyle!

But what to do? Do you know, Coyle?

An organised defence, perhaps?

Yes, please!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum