Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players strike

+7
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Hipster_Nebula
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
rammywhite
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:01

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:While I appreciate that staff not being paid is disgusting, what about us fans, no thought for us? Potentially biggest game of our season coming up and they don't want to turn in and show fight? Without the fans there's no job for anyone. Appalling by everyone concerned in my opinion. A strike won't change a thing.
My thoughts are with the families who have kid and this might be there only household income. 

If the players strike brings this to light then thats good.

These people could have direct debits and bills bouncing left right and centre making them even worse off.

Fans won't be financially worse off or even worse due to inept owners and brinkmanship

22Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:While I appreciate that staff not being paid is disgusting, what about us fans, no thought for us? Potentially biggest game of our season coming up and they don't want to turn in and show fight? Without the fans there's no job for anyone. Appalling by everyone concerned in my opinion. A strike won't change a thing.
My thoughts are with the families who have kid and this might be there only household income. 

These people could have direct debits and bills bouncing left right and centre making them even worse off.

Fans won't be financially worse off or even worse due to inept owners and brinkmanship
Good post Johnny. I would hope that the normal staff would be able to claim the fees back from the club once they finally get paid for the bounced DD!

23Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:17

y2johnny wrote:

Bang on.

24Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:26

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The strike won't make Ken issue the payments so in my eyes the strike won't achieve anything.

25Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:36

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But it highlights the absolute shit show going on at the club and will force people to do something. If the players hadnt gone on strike today the news and coverage on the players and staff not being paid would of been no where near as much.  There's more to life than football. And they are fucking with people lives and the players are helping to highlight that. 

To say 99% of the fans are behind the players show this. Anyone who thinks otherwise in my opinion is selfish

26Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it forces Kenocchio to come out from under his stone again and do the right thing and sell the club then crack on lads. It isn't fair on the non playing staff at the club who probably don't get paid that much.

27Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:The strike won't make Ken issue the payments so in my eyes the strike won't achieve anything.

Strikes never do.

28Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is is a 48 hour strike? The latest article on BN website seems to suggest they won't come back until wages have been paid. This must surely put the game on Saturday at even more risk of not happening than the Millwall game.

29Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard it's indefinite.

30Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Indefinite ?  Will we notice the difference I wonder ?

31Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kenocchio has just posted his views on the strike in his latest magnus opus  Laughing

32Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Is is a 48 hour strike? The latest article on BN website seems to suggest they won't come back until wages have been paid. This must surely put the game on Saturday at even more risk of not happening than the Millwall game.

No one really gives a toss if the players strike on a Monday & Tuesday, but I doubt they'd get much sympathy if they refused to play on Saturday.

33Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 14:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will there be a picket line?

34Players strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Players strike Tue Apr 02 2019, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Indefinite ?  Will we notice the difference I wonder ?
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum