Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stabbings and Killing Eve

+5
karlypants
xmiles
Norpig
gloswhite
okocha
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 08:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

100 people stabbed to death so far this year:- do you think that the much-praised "Killing Eve" was in poor taste (or worse), or harmless "fun"?

2Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 09:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would be very surprised if it incited anyone to suddenly go out and stab, shoot, or murder another in the most heinous way possible. 
My understanding is that the majority of stabbings are gang or drug related, often within local communities, and are not racially driven, as often put forward.

3Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 11:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stabbings and carrying a knife are now seen as the norm with young men in certain areas which is very sad. If someone says they have been influenced by TV programmes then they have bigger mental health issues i would think.

4Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 11:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Can't see the connection okocha.

5Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 12:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neither can I xmiles.

6Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 13:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No, it was Peaky Blinders that caused it.

7Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 14:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:No, it was Peaky Blinders that caused it.
It certainly made my cap fashionable.

8Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 17:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I left the question open. I'd be very surprised if anyone thought the Jody Comer character had actually caused copy-cat killings. 

I just wondered if you thought her evident pleasure at stabbing people was in poor taste in the same way that if any TV channel had deliberately chosen to show The Towering Inferno to coincide with the Grenfell Tower horror, we might have been sickened perhaps.

9Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 17:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
The farmers cap has never been fashionable Bonce.

Even my dad had one at one time and looked a twat in it and got rightly told. Very Happy

10Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 17:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Even my dad had one at one time and looked a twat in it and got rightly told. Very Happy
My caps are very smart.
Stabbings and Killing Eve 167725

11Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 17:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

My caps are very smart.
Stabbings and Killing Eve 167725
That to be fair is rather nice.

My dad used to have a check one. Shocked

12Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Fri May 17 2019, 18:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I left the question open. I'd be very surprised if anyone thought the Jody Comer character had actually caused copy-cat killings. 

I just wondered if you thought her evident pleasure at stabbing people was in poor taste in the same way that if any TV channel had deliberately chosen to show The Towering Inferno to coincide with the Grenfell Tower horror, we might have been sickened perhaps.

You absolute snow flake.

13Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Sat May 18 2019, 10:59

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
okocha wrote:I left the question open. 

You absolute snow flake.

Show some respect for others.

14Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Sat May 18 2019, 16:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think you're way off the mark here Okocha. Trying to put such arguments together doesn't seem to be appealing, or dare I say even logical, which is why you are getting such a poor response.

15Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Sat May 18 2019, 17:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
okocha wrote:I left the question open. 

You absolute snow flake.

Show some respect for others.

Worlds gone mad with people like you

16Stabbings and Killing Eve Empty Re: Stabbings and Killing Eve Sun May 19 2019, 18:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Killing Eve was an excellent drama that reflects a part of contemporary life rather than causing it. As is so often the case what we have here is art imitating life. To put it simply Killing Eve is more an 'effect' of the current spate of knife crime rather than a 'cause' of the issue. Knife crime has long been prevalent in Britain, especially in a our bigger cities but like so much else in the internet era it's now much more widely known about and is incorrectly seen as a 'new' phenomenon rather than simply something that we know more about far more quickly than we used to.

Don't get me wrong, it is a serious issue and a tragedy for the victims and their families but it is NOT new. It's more than twenty five years since Stephen Lawrence, more than a century since Jack the Ripper and sadly knife crime has been around since the invention of the knife itself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum