Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where do you sit in a taxi?

+4
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bonce mentioned being in a taxi earlier today and it reminded me of the times I have, or more specifically where to sit in one?

To be honest I seldom use taxis/uber's but when I do, and am on my own, I sit up front besides the driver.

I do it for a number of reasons but mainly because I find it somehow impolite to the driver if I did't.

I just think that I'm no better than he is (most drivers I've used have been men) and having a chat with them helps pass the time to our destination.

If I'm in a group of people I will sit in the back with them, unless I know I'm the one who is either going to pay the driver or the one giving details of which way to go/best place to pull up, etc.

I understand why most women tend to sit in the back rather than next to a bloke they've never met before but always thought it a bit uncivil of blokes to sit alone in the back.

I guess most people do travel in the back and probably most drivers expect you to as well but sitting up front with the driver just seems right and normal to me.

Where do you sit?

2Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always in the back, I want the driver to know he is my chauffeur.

3Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Always in the back, I want the driver to know he is my chauffeur.
I'm with Nat on this. Sitting up front would make the driver my equal. I'm paying. I'm the boss, and I'm sitting in the back looking important. That's how it works.

4Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have to be in the front now as taxi drivers need directions to most places these days, they never seem to be local or know the area anymore.

5Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Bonce mentioned being in a taxi earlier today and it reminded me of the times I have, or more specifically where to sit in one?

To be honest I seldom use taxis/uber's but when I do, and am on my own, I sit up front besides the driver.

I do it for a number of reasons but mainly because I find it somehow impolite to the driver if I did't.

I just think that I'm no better than he is (most drivers I've used have been men) and having a chat with them helps pass the time to our destination.

If I'm in a group of people I will sit in the back with them, unless I know I'm the one who is either going to pay the driver or the one giving details of which way to go/best place to pull up, etc.

I understand why most women tend to sit in the back rather than next to a bloke they've never met before but always thought it a bit uncivil of blokes to sit alone in the back.

I guess most people do travel in the back and probably most drivers expect you to as well but sitting up front with the driver just seems right and normal to me.

Where do you sit?
Do you ask them have they been busy? and what time are you on till?

6Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Bonce mentioned being in a taxi earlier today and it reminded me of the times I have, or more specifically where to sit in one?

Where do you sit?
Do you ask them have they been busy? and what time are you on till?
It would be rude not to, they expect it after all.

Don't you?

7Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 14:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Martin is referring to the Peter Kay joke i think Sluffy  Very Happy

8Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 14:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some drivers are chattier than others. Had to be in Walkden last week, and got a Lynch's cab home to Warrington. He seemed surprised when I got in the back, and I had to explain I wasn't being snooty, it's just what I've always done.

9Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 20:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the front (shotgun) if I am by myself.

10Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Thu Sep 12 2019, 23:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Always in the back, and if God is on my side, the driver just shuts the fuck up and drives.

11Where do you sit in a taxi? Empty Re: Where do you sit in a taxi? Fri Sep 13 2019, 15:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Always behind the driver in the back, they don't like it it makes them on edge which is where i like them to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum