Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Labour leader

+10
Hipster_Nebula
sunlight
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
xmiles
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Next Labour leader Empty Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 16:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Your choice for next Labour leader??

2Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know he wouldn't win even if he threw his hat in the ring, but I always think Stephen Kinnock is impressive when I hear him talking on the radio.

3Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 16:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The whole Kinnock clan are poison. I say it with love though.

4Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 17:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Keir

5Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 17:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll wait for the list to come out.

6Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 17:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson.

7Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 17:37

Will wait until the debates are underway, that’s when Corbyn swayed me last time.

8Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 19:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Got to be someone statesman-like, someone who can command respect in terms of his/her oratory and  feasible policies. It was too easy to ridicule the party and its leader last time. Got to be able to keep the media onside, someone that the public can view as decent, genuine and able to hold their own in debate. Of the names touted so far, only one is not too lightweight, but lots of work needs doing to tweak the policies, perhaps by adopting the middle ground.

9Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 19:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Will wait until the debates are underway, that’s when Corbyn swayed me last time.
Have to say that even though I thought Corbyn was politically inept, I do think he's a genuinely fair and honest man. I never agreed with his politics but as an individual, he was an ethical man.

10Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 20:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would go with Diane Abbott simply due to how incompetent she is and it will make sure Labour never get into power for quite some time. Very Happy

11Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 22:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Will wait until the debates are underway, that’s when Corbyn swayed me last time.
Have to say that even though I thought Corbyn was politically inept, I do think he's a genuinely fair and honest man. I never agreed with his politics but as an individual, he was an ethical man.

Corbyn is probably a very nice individual but he was a disaster for the Labour party. I also think his honesty is somewhat limited. Does he really believe he dealt effectively with antisemitism in the Labour party? If he really voted to remain why did he refuse to campaign for remain? Does he not realise how toxic he is to many former Labour voters (and yes I know this is largely down to his vilification in the press)? He seems totally unselfaware and will never admit that he is wrong.

12Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 22:42

Refused to campaign for remain? Who’s being dishonest now?

13Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 22:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:Refused to campaign for remain? Who’s being dishonest now?

He refused to cooperate with the official Remain campaign and when he did put in a rare appearance it was obvious his heart was not in it. He looked like a hostage being forced to read a ransome demand.

Do you honestly believe he campaigned effectively or that he really wanted us to stay in the EU given his life long opposition to the EU?

Here is a BBC report on this: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=22&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiprf7lxOjmAhV2XRUIHf_3DCUQFjAVegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-politics-36633238&usg=AOvVaw26mOQNF-qROkf98b1MRPOQ

14Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Fri Jan 03 2020, 23:50

You claimed he refused to campaign for remain - this is a lie.

Your opinion on how genuine or effective he was is a completely separate point - and a subjective one at that.

Drop the lies, move on.

15Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 11:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:You claimed he refused to campaign for remain - this is a lie.

Your opinion on how genuine or effective he was is a completely separate point - and a subjective one at that.

Drop the lies, move on.

I should have said "campaign effectively".

The fact remains that Corbyn was a disaster for the Labour party and until that is addressed the Labour party will never be elected to government.

So, TROY, do you believe he campaigned effectively or that he really wanted us to stay in the EU given his life long opposition to the EU? Or that he dealt effectively with antisemitism in the Labour party?

16Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Got to be someone statesman-like, someone who can command respect in terms of his/her oratory and  feasible policies. It was too easy to ridicule the party and its leader last time. Got to be able to keep the media onside, someone that the public can view as decent, genuine and able to hold their own in debate. Of the names touted so far, only one is not too lightweight, but lots of work needs doing to tweak the policies, perhaps by adopting the middle ground.
That'll be Sir Keir then.

17Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 15:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
okocha wrote:Got to be someone statesman-like, someone who can command respect in terms of his/her oratory and  feasible policies. It was too easy to ridicule the party and its leader last time. Got to be able to keep the media onside, someone that the public can view as decent, genuine and able to hold their own in debate. Of the names touted so far, only one is not too lightweight, but lots of work needs doing to tweak the policies, perhaps by adopting the middle ground.

I like Jess Phillips but have to agree that Starmer represents the best chance for Labour to recover.

Unfortunately there are two factors which will be used against him: he represents a London constituency and he is a man.

18Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 15:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Sadly though he has the charisma of an empty cardboard box.

19Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 15:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Corbyn is probably a very nice individual but he was a disaster for the Labour party. I also think his honesty is somewhat limited. Does he really believe he dealt effectively with antisemitism in the Labour party? If he really voted to remain why did he refuse to campaign for remain? Does he not realise how toxic he is to many former Labour voters (and yes I know this is largely down to his vilification in the press)? He seems totally unselfaware and will never admit that he is wrong.
He is not a very nice individual, he is a sour humourless git!!!

20Next Labour leader Empty Re: Next Labour leader Sat Jan 04 2020, 15:24

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jess Phillips would sure make Prime Minister's question time very interesting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum