Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats your current Favourite Food?

+8
Banks of the Croal
Mallorca Trotter
TheHateCamel
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been on a bit of a health kick for the past 3 months, which including going to the gym and changing my diet.

I have tried foods I have never really eaten much of, the main one being cherries - a truely wonderful fruit which I had never eaten previously (only previously had glaced cherries)

Also in the non-healthy food corner - crunchy fried onions (in a tub) - great with mash and on sandwiches - I cant eat a sandwich without them anymore!!

What is your current food fad, any foods we should all be trying?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Being somewhat of a health freak I can heartily recommend Avocado pear if you are trying to lose weight. It's great for lunch and is full of potassium. It tastes like shit mind you, but with a touch of pepper and salt and a dash of Sarsons it fills you up until your evening meal.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was sounding fantastic until you said, it tastes like shit!! I have been eating prawn salad most lunchtimes (from Asda) - pretty cheap and tasty too.

Local takeaway has started doing a mixed prawn and chicken curry, with pilau rice and a naan bread I could eat it every night. Also I recently tried a ready steady cook type challenge when the fridge was almost empty and made a delicious Pasta dish with a brie sauce and some smokey bacon and chicken.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The curry sounds nice as does the pasta dish. Dont cook that often myself - due to the fact I let the Mrs do it (she does it so well). I will experiment...eventually

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fish

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Prawns are delicious but they are high in Cholestrol. Avocado on it's own tastes quite bland but it contains more potassium than a banana.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

potato hash - home made!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Magoo, I would recommend Cod Liver oil tablets to improve your eyesight. Failing that, Halibut oil might do the trick.

10Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:potato hash - home made!

Agreed, but it must be made with corned beef hash and not stewing steak.

11Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:35

Jacket potato with cheese and beans is the perfect combination.

12Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bloody love Egg Fried Rice and Plain Noodles.

13Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I bloody love Egg Fried Rice and Plain Noodles.
It is really tasty but I wouldn't recommend it more than once a fortnight. It's filled with Monosodium glutamate which is a major artery buster.

14Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:potato hash - home made!

This is my fave of all time...reminds me of my childhood and now the Mrs has learned the proper way to make it, its fantastic!

Out of curiosity, what does yours look like, cos at first my Mrs made it with mash potatoe!! My mum used to make it with corned beef, pototoes, carrots, peas & onions mixed in with load of gravy, so it sort of resembles a thick stew. Great for dipping Tiger bread in!

15Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I bloody love Egg Fried Rice and Plain Noodles.
It is really tasty but I wouldn't recommend it more than once a fortnight. It's filled with Monosodium glutamate which is a major artery buster.

Christ you've put me off it for life.

the chinese and japanese seem a healthy bunch, they live on a diet of rice, fish and noodles.

16Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fish on its own is very healthy but Japanese and Chinese food is not as healthy as you might think.

If you are having tater hash then you have to have mushy peas. Fresh garden peas are a no no. A bit of red cabbage or brown sauce doesn't go amiss.

17Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 23:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats your current Favourite Food? Photo10

Is this like everyone else's experience of potato/corned beef hash??

18Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 23:15

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Whats your current Favourite Food? Photo10

Is this like everyone else's experience of potato/corned beef hash??

Bang a jar of pickled red cabbage on the side and I would die happy.

19Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 23:27

I've never eaten corn beef hash in my life, infact I've never eaten corned beef.

20Whats your current Favourite Food? Empty Re: Whats your current Favourite Food? Wed Sep 12 2012, 23:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:I've never eaten corn beef hash in my life, infact I've never eaten corned beef.

WOW! you dont know what you are missing..Asda will still be open...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum