Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twat of the week.

+5
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:05

Sluffy wrote:

The company that is BWFC employs and pays the players wages not KA the person.

BWFC has year after year spent more than it brought in.

Eddie Davies chose to fund the difference from his own pocket - FV are doing the same now.

Anderson did not wish to lose his personal wealth to do the same - and why should he?

BWFC's been insolvent for decades and once Eddie died the well inevitably ran dry.

It's as simple as that.

If people don't want to accept or understand that, well it's their problem, they are in denial of reality and the legal facts of Company Law.

Nobody is arguiing with this, so I have no idea what you're rattling on about.

Sluffy wrote:

As for likening Ken (or anyone else for that matter) to Jeff Bezos that is an outright lie as I've never done that on here or even in real life!

Twat of the week. - Page 2 Screenshot-2020-02-09-at-11-59-00

22Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sluffy, since day one you seem to have implied that company owners have no moral responsibility to their employees. Your argument seems to be that as long as they don't break the law they can do what they want.

Is that your thinking?

It's not my thinking - the law, not morals, is what companies and individuals work to and are judged upon in terms of legal requirements.

Some owners go above and beyond what is required of them, others keep just the right side of the law by doing just their statutory requirements.

Anderson seems to be an example of the latter.

Bolton Wanderers FC paid out more than it got in, year after year after year.

If Eddie Davis didn't choose to prop it up with his own wealth it would have fallen into Administration years ago.

Was he moralistic and benevolent to do such and altruistic thing as a person, or did he simply have sufficient wealth to do so as a hobby?  Whatever the reason he had no legal requirement to do what he did - and his family are £200m less well off from him doing so.

Anderson didn't choose to do the same.

He's not committed any crime by doing so and probably 99.99% of those shouting for his head would also not put in their own personal wealth into the club knowing full well that they would lose it, and need to keep on feeding the beast until they bankrupt themselves.

I certainly wouldn't and would offer my professional advise to others not to do so either in such circumstances.

FV have taken over the club and have spent millions so far presumably with the intention to recoup it further down the line - the ten year plan we hear about I guess?

Anderson clearly did not have the personal wealth or inclination to do the same - and again why should he?

A great number of high street stores have shut down or closed branches in the last few years putting ten of thousands of people out of a job, should the owners of those companies put their hands into their pockets and spent their person wealth propping the stores up knowing the inevitability that particular business model of large multi store town centre shopping is no longer working and they will lose all they put in?  

Do these owners not also have moral responsibilities to their staff and suppliers also?

People can't seem to grasp, or even want to try to understand that Anderson has no requirement either in law or morally to bankrupt himself to pay the wages of employees and suppliers to the company he owned - BWFC.

It's as simple as that.

Anybody who doesn't wish to accept that is simply in denial of the how businesses work.

23Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

As for likening Ken (or anyone else for that matter) to Jeff Bezos that is an outright lie as I've never done that on here or even in real life!

Twat of the week. - Page 2 Screenshot-2020-02-09-at-11-59-00

My apologies, I had no recollection that I simply used him as an example based on a news article the previous day, some two years ago.

It could have been anybody, he obviously just happened to be in the news at the time.

24Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:57

I'm just trying to highlight how much you've changed your tune, claiming you merely pointed out the facts of what were going on (which nobody has ever disputed) is not entirely true, you also consistently lectured on how fans and media should have far more respect for Anderson and his actions - so this recently found smugness around being proved right is without basis in my opinion.

We all had theories around the ownership of the club and we'll probably never know what happened behind closed doors. But frankly i don't care anymore, he's gone, we still have a club (for now at least) and we move on.

Shall we draw a line under it?

25Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.

I bet you were tossing off to it once you found it.

Well it's very fitting that you have posted in the twat of the week thread as you clearly top it for this week!

26Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.

:facepalm:

27Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:23

karlypants wrote:You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.

I bet you were tossing off to it once you found it.

Well it's very fitting that you have posted in the twat of the week thread as you clearly top it for this week!

Ye really sad being able to use Google to search for something isn't it?

Get back in your box little man.

28Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I'm just trying to highlight how much you've changed your tune, claiming you merely pointed out the facts of what were going on (which nobody has ever disputed) is not entirely true, you also consistently lectured on how fans and media should have far more respect for Anderson and his actions - so this recently found smugness around being proved right is without basis in my opinion.

We all had theories around the ownership of the club and we'll probably never know what happened behind closed doors. But frankly i don't care anymore, he's gone, we still have a club (for now at least) and we move on.

Shall we draw a line under it?

I do believe authority should be respected, whether people liked Anderson or not he was the owner and largely sole Director for most of the time and as such those positions should not be undermined no matter how much you may despise those that hold them.

I believe reporters should report fairly and without bias, clearly Iles hasn't and has had an agenda with others which led directly to the toxicity to all that subsequently happened because of it.

I've been constant throughout on both of these points.

Good of you to acknowledge that I was proved right all along, there's plenty who still are unable to understand/accept that, many never will.

I'm more than happy to draw a line and move on from what has been a toxic and abusive time on here as well as the club.

The club now seems to be in the process of healing, it would be good if Nuts could too, although I fear the die has been cast for us.

Hope I'm proved wrong on this.

29Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:45

Weird post, if your takeaway from mine is that I was praising you for being proved right then you’ve missed the point (on purpose id imagine).

30Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Weird post, if your takeaway from mine is that I was praising you for being proved right then you’ve missed the point (on purpose id imagine).

You drawing a line under it didn't last long then!

Fwiw I wrote 'acknowledge' I don't know how you transformed that somehow it into praise?

And you're free to imagine whatever you want - that of course is what the vast majority did over Anderson - they were wrong as well.

31Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 17:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What is the point of this argument? (Its a rhetorical question, please try hard not to answer)

32Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Sun Feb 09 2020, 17:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:What is the point of this argument? (Its a rhetorical question, please try hard not to answer)
As the week is over, do we start fresh next week?

33Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Fri Feb 14 2020, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I nominate Dominic Cummings. Fed up off hearing his name and from what i've read seems like a nasty piece of work. He has too much power for someone who hasn't been elected.

34Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Fri Feb 14 2020, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I nominate Dominic Cummings. Fed up off hearing his name and from what i've read seems like a nasty piece of work. He has too much power for someone who hasn't been elected.
He was excreted by Peter Mandelson after a dodgy curry.

35Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Fri Feb 14 2020, 13:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Pipped at the post by Marc Iles last week, I'm going for Dale (accountless) Vince this week.

When do we find out who's going to be PM & Chancellor of the ST's Exchequer?

I can't wait.

36Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Mon Feb 17 2020, 10:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The parcel delivery operative that put it under the rear wheel of my Jeep on my driveway.

37Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The Bronze Bummer.

38Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Priti vile, deluded, empty vessel Patel

39Twat of the week. - Page 2 Empty Re: Twat of the week. Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:29

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sexy lady definately a wet weds afternoon adventure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum