Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birmingham v Bolton

+22
Culcheth_White
LeedsWanderer
Lofty_Love
Banks of the Croal
Spirit of 58
gloswhite
bwfc71
inf
observer
Born to be a wanderer
JonnyRandom
Bolton Nuts
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Birmingham v Bolton Empty Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 08:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton play Birmingham at St Andrews on Tuesday, hopefully we can improve our away form and get a result.

Who will Coyle start with?
What will be the formation?

2Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 11:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't a clue. I would have SKD on the bench and start with NGog ( if fit ) with sordell. If Sordell is still injured then Afobe to partner Sordell.

I'm not a massive fan of Pratley but I prefer him to Andrews. Perhaps give Petrov a start and put Ricketts in for Mears ?

3Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only see one result, a defeat.

I have no doubt it'll be the same team that started Saturday that will kick off at St Andrews.

4Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 12:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have rarely seen coyle change a side that won the last game, if n'gog is injured then I imagine sordell will start but if not it will be exactly the same team from Saturday.

I would go 4-5-1 and drop Davies, he was treading water by 75mins on saturday but we know this isn't going to happen.

5Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 12:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think the question that needs to be asked before anything else is what the hell has sordel done wrong?

I bet hes seething that hes signed and is not played - watch him bugger off and start bagging them for someone like QPR or Everton next year...

6Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 12:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A defeat looming.

7Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 12:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What I couldn't understand about saturdays game and it will be the same again on Tuesday if he keeps the same midfield is having mark davies playing out wide right, eagles on the left and petrov and lee on the bench.

Mark davies never has and never will be a right winger, he's tried him their before and it didn't work. Yes we won on saturday but what;s the point in playing the ball out wide and only having one bloody winger on the pitch.

8Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 13:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OC has spent all weekend racking his brain over tactics and game planning ..... the decision? no change.

I want us to win obviously but can't see it.

2-0 Brum

9Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 13:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've got my ticket - looking forward to the trip out, not so much the match.

If you look back over the last 18 months, we've struggled immensely putting together a string of acceptable results. Coyle only starts looking for flaws when results aren't going our way - there's no ahead thinking, it's just "this worked last week, so it will work this week too". That's why I can't relate to people that say "a win is a win, we'll press on from here" etc.

So basically, I think we're going to lose.

10Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Birmingham are on a worse run than we are, so who better to play next than us, we guarantee to chuck you three points.

11Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:18

Birmingham got a good result at the weekend, and apparently were far better than they have been this season. The fans aren't too pleased with Lee Clarke from what I hear as performances have dropped since Hughton's gone.

King and Lita up front for them, sure they're looking forward to this one, there's nothing like playing a side who are guaranteed to concede.

On the plus side their midfield is as weak as ours Mullins and Spector started in the middle last game, neither of which are world beaters, but considering Keith Andrews recent form they may not need to be. If Redmond plays wide right he'll cause Alonso problems though need to watch him.

I'd like to see Sordell and N'gog, pace and movement will be more of a worry to the likes of Stephen Cauldwell than SKD's flick on ability.

But our team won't change, as others have said Coyle won't change a winning team.

On paper we should be winning games like this, but that rarely means anything these days.

2-2 I reckon, I know Im being a bit optimistic but I think we'll have a 2-1 lead before blowing it in the last 15.

12Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:25

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The back 4 have rightly taken stick over poor defending but this has not been helped by non existent protection from our midfielders. Posters cry out for 2 wingers which leaves us the the problem of a soft centre in midfield in addition to poor covering of full backs by our wingers. Saturdays plan to sacrifice a winger for more solidarity in midfield may have been sound thinking only let down by the players we have available. Perhaps the loan system can be used to put pressure on the inconsistent Mavies and Andrews. It's a fact that SKD's legs have gone, he is unable to raise a gallop for the last 30 minutes which does not help the situation. I recall Bob Paisley saying some years ago `let a players legs go in somebody else's team`

Keeping clean sheets is the platform for success at any level

13Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote: Perhaps the loan system can be used to put pressure on the inconsistent Mavies and Andrews.

I'd say so far they have been the two most consistent players.

14Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:42

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Yes Nat consistently anonymous

15Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Yes Nat consistently anonymous

Indeed Very Happy

16Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 17:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bogdan

Riley or Ricketts
Alonso
Mills
Knight

Eagles
Petrov
Mavies
Vela
Spearing

Ngog

Davies, Sordell, Andrews, Pratley, Lee, Ream, Mears, Ricketts or Riley, Lonergan (take your pick for subs)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

17Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 17:41

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie wrote:Bogdan

Riley or Ricketts
Alonso
Mills
Knight

Eagles
Petrov
Mavies
Vela
Spearing

Ngog

Davies, Sordell, Andrews, Pratley, Lee, Ream, Mears, Ricketts or Riley, Lonergan (take your pick for subs)

Isnt vela injured or is he ok now?

18Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 17:53

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Vela is injured.I decided to go tommorow and take a days holiday.Andrews was shocking saturday and id rather play Pratley than Andrews at the moment.Coyle has got to start playing 4-5-1 away from home.N,Gog is Ok up their on his own but i know Coyle will keep Kd in the team.Talk about flog a dead horse.He was fucked after 75 minutes yet Sordell sat on the bench.I can see CYL back tommorow.4-4-2 with our defence is reckless.Still what do i know.Question

19Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 19:12

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Vela is injured.I decided to go tommorow and take a days holiday.Andrews was shocking saturday and id rather play Pratley than Andrews at the moment.Coyle has got to start playing 4-5-1 away from home.N,Gog is Ok up their on his own but i know Coyle will keep Kd in the team.Talk about flog a dead horse.He was fucked after 75 minutes yet Sordell sat on the bench.I can see CYL back tommorow.4-4-2 with our defence is reckless.Still what do i know.Question
More than OC apparently! Wish it wasn't so.

20Birmingham v Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham v Bolton Mon Sep 17 2012, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:N,Gog is Ok up their on his own but i know Coyle will keep Kd in the team.Talk about flog a dead horse.

You'd drop our leading scorer?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum