Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - the political argument

+13
observer
Sluffy
gloswhite
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
wessy
Cajunboy
xmiles
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 31]

601Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Fri Jun 12 2020, 18:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

602Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Fri Jun 12 2020, 18:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

That seems all to believable given everything else we know about this government.

603Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Sat Jun 13 2020, 13:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems the Chinese have been doing the same dodgy stuff again!

11:58
Fear of second wave in Beijing after market outbreak

An outbreak of coronavirus emanating from a large wholesale market in Beijing has led to fears of a second waves of sickness in the Chinese capital.
More than 10,000 staff at the Xinfadi wholesale market are now being tested.
The huge market, which supplies 80% of Beijing’s vegetables and meat, has been linked to a new cluster of cases in the city after dozens of people who work there tested positive.
According to officials, traces of the coronavirus have been found on a chopping block used for imported salmon.
Footage on social media appears to show hundreds of military police marching into Xinfadi Market.
Some neighbourhoods have again been sealed off to all but residents. Transport services and schools close to the market have been closed, as have some of Beijing’s most prominent public spaces, including the National Centre for the Performing Arts and the Lama Temple.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53033071

604Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Sat Jun 13 2020, 14:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is really not what we want now as we are starting to control the virus somewhat throughout the world.
Mi don’t believe the market is the culprit though tbh.

605Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 15 2020, 10:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As you all know i work at the Childrens Hospital in Manchester and from today we now need to all wear masks anywhere on site (all staff and patients). 

Seems far too late to me to start wearing masks now, it should have been brought in at the start of April when the numbers of Covid infected patients was rising rapidly.

I had no issue with the Government at the time of lockdown but since then they seem to all be one step behind and stumbling from one guideline to another without really knowing what they're doing.

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Jun 15 2020, 12:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : April not June!)

606Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 15 2020, 11:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just like the 14 day quarantine period being introduced when it made no sense to do so. Plus of course it is totally unenforceable.

607Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 15 2020, 18:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:As you all know i work at the Childrens Hospital in Manchester and from today we now need to all wear masks anywhere on site (all staff and patients). 

Seems far too late to me to start wearing masks now, it should have been brought in at the start of April when the numbers of Covid infected patients was rising rapidly.

I had no issue with the Government at the time of lockdown but since then they seem to all be one step behind and stumbling from one guideline to another without really knowing what they're doing.

I bet Mrs Norpig makes you wear it at home too, massive improvement.

608Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 15 2020, 19:10

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:As you all know i work at the Childrens Hospital in Manchester and from today we now need to all wear masks anywhere on site (all staff and patients). 

It blows my mind that this is only just being enforced.

Other than my own family, I’d say I’ve only seen about 5 people without a mask (all kids on bikes) in the past 2.5 months. You can’t shop anywhere here without one (30 mins north of NYC).

About 5 weeks ago my wife broke her foot and I rushed her to hospital forgetting my mask. I wasn’t even welcome near the entrance never mind inside.

609Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 17 2020, 08:41

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 SDSq6dE

610Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 17 2020, 13:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

sunlight wrote:Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 SDSq6dE
Good to see you back Sunlight. Did you get time off for good behaviour ? Very Happy

611Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 17 2020, 23:04

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:
Good to see you back Sunlight. Did you get time off for good behaviour ? Very Happy

Thank You. Yes, they halved it.

612Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Sun Jun 28 2020, 15:19

‘The government has put a protective ring around care homes’..

Covid-19: risk of death in UK care homes 13 times higher than in Germany

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/covid-19-risk-of-death-in-uk-care-homes-13-times-higher-than-in-germany

613Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Sun Jun 28 2020, 16:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:‘The government has put a protective ring around care homes’..

Covid-19: risk of death in UK care homes 13 times higher than in Germany

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/covid-19-risk-of-death-in-uk-care-homes-13-times-higher-than-in-germany

Did you actually read the article before posting it?

The article states that deaths in Spanish care homes were even higher than ours - and they put in place a very much severe lockdown than we ever did.

It's comparing apples with oranges.

Statistics can prove whatever you want to unless you set the same parameters.

Germany was simply in a better position to deal with the virus from the start than we were - they had the testing capacity and pharmaceutical infrastructure that we could only dream of - even to this day.

Indeed the article even says as much!

"The study’s lead author, Adelina Comas-Herrera, said the research did not reach conclusions about the cause of the different patterns seen in care settings internationally, but she noted different policies on testing and tracing outbreaks between the UK and Germany.

“They were further ahead in understanding which staff and residents had contact with whom,” she said. “We think the main factor was that Covid was much less under control in the overall population [in the UK]. As a result, care homes were much more in danger.”

Also as the author points out about 'tracing' - I found this article interesting reading from a few days back.

Coronavirus: Does anyone have a working contact-tracing app?

Nope.

Still none that can be effective on its own as was the original intention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53168438

614Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 29 2020, 22:04

Panorama from tonight is worth a watch, pretty damning of the government’s handling of the crisis and specifically tasting. Poor decision, on poor decision followed by misinformation.

615Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 29 2020, 22:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading your posts this past few weeks I feel like I've already seen it.

616Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Mon Jun 29 2020, 22:18

And I don’t even charge a licence fee, you’re welcome.

617Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Tue Jun 30 2020, 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Panorama from tonight is worth a watch, pretty damning of the government’s handling of the crisis and specifically tasting. 
I haven't been tasted recently which just goes to show that this government is doing absolutely nothing to improve the love lives of the elderly during these difficult times.

618Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Tue Jun 30 2020, 12:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the "political argument" in most countries is the economy v "acceptable" deaths - based on the theory that the less stringent the lockdown, the less the economy will suffer.

The problem we have with our government is that they have killed a higher proportion of the population v comparable countries yet somehow managed to f*** the economy more than comparable countries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum