Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - China finally begining to admit they got things wrong!!!

+5
wanderlust
boltonbonce
karlypants
gloswhite
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coronavirus: Chinese official admits health system weaknesses

The coronavirus pandemic is a "big test" that has exposed weaknesses in China's public health system, a senior official has told Chinese media.

The rare admission, from Director of China's National Health Commission Li Bin, comes after sustained criticism abroad of China's early response.

The country will now improve its disease prevention, public health system and data collection, he says.

Mr Li told journalists the pandemic was a significant challenge for China's governance, and that it exposed "the weak links in how we address major epidemic and the public health system." 

China has been accused of responding too slowly to early signs of the virus in Wuhan, where the outbreak began, and failing to quickly alert the international community of the outbreak.

China has rejected calls for an independent international investigation into the origins of the virus.

In April an EU report accused China of spreading misinformation about the crisis.

A doctor who tried to alert authorities about the virus in December was told to stop "making false comments". Li Wenliang later died from Covid-19 in hospital in Wuhan.

A rare admission

Celia Hatton, BBC Asia Pacific Regional Editor

It's rare for Chinese leaders to admit wrongdoing. 

Li Bin said the commission would fix the problems by centralising its systems and making better use of big data and artificial intelligence, building on many of the leadership's longstanding objectives. 

China has faced tough criticism, domestically and abroad, over its early handling of the virus. Several provincial and local officials from the ruling Communist Party have been sacked but no senior member of the Party has been punished.
Beijing has not responded to calls to ease censorship and state control of the media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52600618

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They will never admit to full responsibility, it’ll leave them open to claims for reparation.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:They will never admit to full responsibility, it’ll leave them open to claims for reparation.

I doubt it is really that - who can make them pay up even if they did say it was their fault?

They are the manufacturing super power of the world - and that's why no one is really going to push them too hard about it because the rest of the world's economies are reliant on them at least in the short term.

It's more about 'losing face' to my thinking - we all 'know' what happened - the genome of the virus simply hasn't been found anywhere in the world prior to Wuhan - and ALL country's with Corona-19 deaths have the same genome - so it simply couldn't have come from anywhere else.

What's that means in plain English is that a virus (any virus) mutates and changes over time - it does this as it naturally evolves because if the 'deadly' strains of the virus 'kills' it's host, then over time it will end up killing itself to as less and less people survive it to be able to pass it on.  So slight changes 'mutations' to the 'killer' virus evolve which are less deadly to the host and thus tend to continue to survive.  These slight changes in the 'make-up' of the virus are noted as 'genome's' and are distinct from one 'strain' of the virus to another.

All the world's pandemic can thus be traced back to China.

Seems the way China is controlled is from the very top, so they don't want to be seen to be wrong - and they also don't particularly want to be told things are bad - so when the virus first caught fire in Wuhan, the local doctors and 'officials' tried to hush it up and hope it would go away, and when it wouldn't and the regional 'officials' got to hear from it, they to (apparently) tried to keep a lid on it.  All these officials have since been reported as being sacked.

Chinese 'top' bosses by now knew what was going on but in order to presumably not look bad/lose face to the world, under reported how bad it was and (the smoking gun?) stopped ALL flights out of Wuhan/Hubei to the rest of China BUT allowed flights as normal to the rest of the world - with such devastating consequences.

Everybody knows what happened (maybe apart from the exact pinpoint to where this all exactly started - but it is without question the virus was allowed to spread from China to the rest of the world) but there's really not a great deal anyone can do about taking them to task about it.

Maybe China will make some sort of reparation to the rest of the world in some form when all this is over (a sort of Marshall Plan) -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

...as if the world economy is wrecked then they won't have anyone to sell their goods to and thus suffer hardships themselves.

To underline China's 'under reporting' I post a clip from an article I've read TODAY - just goes to show they certainly haven't/still are not - reporting the true extent of the virus in their country!

"All of the latest cases were previously classified as asymptomatic - meaning they tested positive for the virus but were not exhibiting clinical signs such as a cough or fever.
Such people can spread the virus despite not being sick, but China does not count asymptomatic cases in its official tally of confirmed infections until they show symptoms.
Hundreds of asymptomatic cases are being monitored by Wuhan health authorities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52613138

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was saying to my daughter, all we need now is to be invaded by aliens !

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I was saying to my daughter, all we need now is to be invaded by aliens !
They would arrive, take one good look at the world and think it’s not worth it and leave.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I was saying to my daughter, all we need now is to be invaded by aliens !
They would arrive, take one good look at the world and think it’s not worth it and leave.

Coronavirus - China finally begining to admit they got things wrong!!! Alien-spaceship-flying_saucer-b_movie-leader-myths-legends-CX905338_low

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Coronavirus - China finally begining to admit they got things wrong!!! Alien-spaceship-flying_saucer-b_movie-leader-myths-legends-CX905338_low

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I doubt it is really that - who can make them pay up even if they did say it was their fault?

They are the manufacturing super power of the world - and that's why no one is really going to push them too hard about it because the rest of the world's economies are reliant on them at least in the short term.

It's more about 'losing face' to my thinking - we all 'know' what happened - the genome of the virus simply hasn't been found anywhere in the world prior to Wuhan - and ALL country's with Corona-19 deaths have the same genome - so it simply couldn't have come from anywhere else.

What's that means in plain English is that a virus (any virus) mutates and changes over time - it does this as it naturally evolves because if the 'deadly' strains of the virus 'kills' it's host, then over time it will end up killing itself to as less and less people survive it to be able to pass it on.  So slight changes 'mutations' to the 'killer' virus evolve which are less deadly to the host and thus tend to continue to survive.  These slight changes in the 'make-up' of the virus are noted as 'genome's' and are distinct from one 'strain' of the virus to another.

All the world's pandemic can thus be traced back to China.

Seems the way China is controlled is from the very top, so they don't want to be seen to be wrong - and they also don't particularly want to be told things are bad - so when the virus first caught fire in Wuhan, the local doctors and 'officials' tried to hush it up and hope it would go away, and when it wouldn't and the regional 'officials' got to hear from it, they to (apparently) tried to keep a lid on it.  All these officials have since been reported as being sacked.

Chinese 'top' bosses by now knew what was going on but in order to presumably not look bad/lose face to the world, under reported how bad it was and (the smoking gun?) stopped ALL flights out of Wuhan/Hubei to the rest of China BUT allowed flights as normal to the rest of the world - with such devastating consequences.

Everybody knows what happened (maybe apart from the exact pinpoint to where this all exactly started - but it is without question the virus was allowed to spread from China to the rest of the world) but there's really not a great deal anyone can do about taking them to task about it.

Maybe China will make some sort of reparation to the rest of the world in some form when all this is over (a sort of Marshall Plan) -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

...as if the world economy is wrecked then they won't have anyone to sell their goods to and thus suffer hardships themselves.

To underline China's 'under reporting' I post a clip from an article I've read TODAY - just goes to show they certainly haven't/still are not - reporting the true extent of the virus in their country!

"All of the latest cases were previously classified as asymptomatic - meaning they tested positive for the virus but were not exhibiting clinical signs such as a cough or fever.
Such people can spread the virus despite not being sick, but China does not count asymptomatic cases in its official tally of confirmed infections until they show symptoms.
Hundreds of asymptomatic cases are being monitored by Wuhan health authorities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52613138
Following the world health authority investigation into the source of Covid it now seems that the source was probably not China.
The WHO investigated the lab in Wuhan (one theory touted in the west) and the wet markets (the other theory touted in the west) and concluded it was more likely that the virus arrived in China in imported fish.
Problem is that they import fish from many countries so efforts to trace it back to the real source have stalled.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Following the world health authority investigation into the source of Covid it now seems that the source was probably not China.
The WHO investigated the lab in Wuhan (one theory touted in the west) and the wet markets (the other theory touted in the west) and concluded it was more likely that the virus arrived in China in imported fish.
Problem is that they import fish from many countries so efforts to trace it back to the real source have stalled.
If that is the case, how come nobody suffered from it before the Wuhan outbreak, such as the source country?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
If that is the case, how come nobody suffered from it before the Wuhan outbreak, such as the source country?
Apparently they did. It’s just that they didn’t recognise it as Covid- perhaps because they weren’t looking for it specifically? Or that it hadn’t fully mutated into what they now call Covid?  Most likely they didn’t know what it is at the time.

There was an unexplained outbreak of “pneumonia” in the Middle East in 2012 for example.

They have also discounted the bat/pangolin theory as the strain they carry is too distant from Covid.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sorry Wander, I cannot believe a country being accused of originating a worldwide pandemic, especially with the resources they have, could not come up with a better excuse than this, especially with not wishing to lose face being a national trait.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

Hahaha!!!

You are SO desperate to prove me wrong on ANYTHING!!!

:rofl:

Try listening to this, seems to me that what he is saying is that virus is more likely to arrived in Wuhan from wild animals - ferret badgers* farmed from elsewhere in China/south east asia, than originate from Wuhan itself, which could either have been brought in live OR possibly killed in the factory farms and brought to Wuhan frozen.

Even then there is NO direct evidence of this.

*Ferret-badger

Coronavirus - China finally begining to admit they got things wrong!!! American-badger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ferret-badger

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Having been ripped off by China to the tune of £250k , and having them sell my paid for products into the UK without legal recourse for me, i have to say ....Never Trust the Chinese.

They will rip you off, they will change specifications on a £100 item without telling you to make a penny (yes a bloody penny), they will bury their head in the sand if you complain about anything, and their attitude has very little leeway.

To top it off, if i want to claim my money from them, i need to put up a bond to the Chinese court for the amount i'm claiming, and if i lose the case i lose my hard earned product, and the bond put up by me as means of compensation to the third party.

If i had my tools back i'd quickly get them back to the UK, as i think we are now mugs in general for accepting anything Chinese built, A) because you cannot trust their spying through phones etc, B) you cannot trust their honesty, and 3) their ongoing appalling human rights record.

On the last one alone, we in the west should say 'no more' we aint using you ever again you murderers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That sounds bloody awful Dave, my commiserations.

I now feel bad for kicking off when my £9.99 phone cover from China fell apart after 2 days.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The first time I saw how strongly the Chinese are motivated by money was in the semi-fictional book Taipan, some years ago. I've seen little bits of news here and there ever since. Selling somebody down the river for a penny really doesn't surprise me, let alone £250k. Add to that their new bullish attitude to foreigners in general, then I, like you Dave, wouldn't trust them with my cash.
(I'm also getting ready to close my HSBC/First Direct account as things are going on in the background).

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Chinese government is never going to admit their responsibility for spreading covid any more than they will admit that they are committing genocide against the Uighurs. They have now banned BBC World News.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-56030340

Truly the most repressive regime in the world apart from maybe North Korea.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And getting worse by the day

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:That sounds bloody awful Dave, my commiserations.

I now feel bad for kicking off when my £9.99 phone cover from China fell apart after 2 days.
And to throw a great deal of insult to the injury, the government wouldnt even answer my mails for help, but landed me with a £20k bill for tax they say i owe, when i dont! (thats been going on now for 3 and a half years).

In fact, China is such a hot potato, no one wanted to help me. So i went i to receivership.

Meanwhile, my product is being sold in the UK by people that dont own the tools and neither i or the receiver can do a thing about it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst our press categorically stated Covid in humans started in Wuhan and lots of people jumped on the bandwagon, the first independent international investigation has now narrowed it down to three potential sources, one of which is that it was imported into China from elsewhere. Story here

So there is no proof where it started as things stand.

Not that it matters. What does matter is how the crisis is being handled and perhaps we should be more interested in when our government will “finally admit they got it wrong?”

And Sluffy 😄

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Whilst our press categorically stated Covid in humans started in Wuhan and lots of people jumped on the bandwagon, the first independent international investigation has now narrowed it down to three potential sources, one of which is that it was imported into China from elsewhere. Story here

So there is no proof where it started as things stand.

Not that it matters. What does matter is how the crisis is being handled and perhaps we should be more interested in when our government will “finally admit they got it wrong?”

And Sluffy 😄

Clearly you haven't bothered to watch the video I posted above some days back as it gives a far more detailed report and reading between the lines subtly hints that the virus came from within China from wild ferret-badger farms who were transported live for sale and slaughter at the Wuhan fish market.

Don't take my word for it, listen to the scientist from WHO, who undertook the investigation and who took part in the compilation of the investigations findings.

All there on a plate for you but once again you were to lazy to do the research and much to eager in your desperate rush to prove me wrong about absolutely anything!

You do make me laugh.

I see you've started to import and post your own 'laughing' emoticon and not use the sites selection, no doubt because I've used this one so often in response to your usual know it all - know nothing bollocks you just love to post!

:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum