Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Middle Classes are out of Lockdown

+2
Sluffy
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have seen them. They are out. Prepare to be condescended to from behind masks.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I have seen them. They are out. Prepare to be condescended to from behind masks.
I saw a gang of them yesterday. They were on their way to Bents Garden Centre, and were in a state of feverish excitement.
I took a detour to avoid them.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I try to avoid them also. They will be buying things they dont need from there. The ones Ive seen have been going on a Picnic but with overpriced ready meals instead of making the sandwiches themselves. Their social cachet has been tainted.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They had UltraSonic toothbrushes with them because ` the bristles on ordinary toothbrushes harm your gums `.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:They had UltraSonic toothbrushes with them because ` the bristles on ordinary toothbrushes harm your gums `.
Were they carrying an avocado in the other hand too?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had to calm one of our local tribe down yesterday, and narrowly avoided a fatality. He was a vegan, and had accidentally put on a pair of leather shoes. He started to hyperventilate, and it was all I could do to hold him down. One of his friends arrived and managed to get some nut milk down him, but it was touch and go.
He came round to the house later to thank me, and offered to cleanse my aura, but I declined the offer.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:He came round to the house later to thank me, and offered to cleanse my aura, but I declined the offer.
I'm glad you did decline. Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Looks a bit of a palaver KP.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
Were they carrying an avocado in the other hand too?

They were carrying some Avocados, a packet of Kale and a bottle of Prosecco which they were planning to have for `Brunch `.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My aura isn't dirty anyway.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They will be telling us all how the Lockdown has been worse for them than the rest of us.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Looks a bit of a palaver KP.
Well thank god for that.

I thought it was an euphemism for something else for a min then! Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I tried the Raiki shown in the video, and to be honest, I thought it was useless.

We started with the usual 'relax and think your in a forest' garbage. I went to about 4 sessions to give it a fair go, but wasn't convinced. The only benefit I got was having a lie down for an hour, but at £30 quid or so a session it was overpriced, with no real benefit.

I also find that my sonic toothbrush is not only less physical with my gums, but also gives a really good clean. Far better than an ordinary one.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I tried the Raiki shown in the video, and to be honest, I thought it was useless.

We started with the usual 'relax and think your in a forest' garbage. I went to about 4 sessions to give it a fair go, but wasn't convinced. The only benefit I got was having a lie down for an hour, but at £30 quid or so a session it was overpriced, with no real benefit.

I also find that my sonic toothbrush is not only less physical with my gums, but also gives a really good clean. Far better than an ordinary one.

The place to go for reiki is Oldham.
20 or so years ago, Oldham college ran a course that attracted 20+ students in the first year all of whom wanted to set up their own practice and as I was working with a number of NW authorities to support start ups back then, my team of advisers managed to get them all going and get some degree of business differentiation so they could all survive. All good until the next year when another 20 people graduated. And 20 more in year 3. Not sure if they're still churning them out but there must be more reiki practitioners per square foot in Oldham than anywhere on the planet.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Poor souls, they'll be waving their hands over each other at a great rate at this time of crisis and no money. I doubt it will make them feel better.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sunlight, I find you to be somewhat of an anomaly.
Here you are ridiculing the so-called middle classes, yet you aspire to give the impression that you are indeed a member of that particular fraternity, or even a noblewoman according to Tennyson.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Sunlight, I find you to be somewhat of an anomaly.
Here you are ridiculing the so-called middle classes, yet you aspire to give the impression that you are indeed a member of that particular fraternity, or even a noblewoman according to Tennyson.
I am an anomaly in terms of being different. No-one is the same. I only poke fun at things to be silly. I dont like to be hateful at all. I am a working class Buddhist. I practise the middle way. We are living in the eternal now. There is no such thing as the future or the past, only now, the present. I love poetry too.
Reality should be sought. No delusions.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It wasn't a criticism, just an observation  Very Happy

The 'eternal now' is a concept I genuinely have difficulty with. Do Buddhists have mortgages ?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:The 'eternal now' is a concept I genuinely have difficulty with. Do Buddhists have mortgages ?
You have to look at it from the Hindu perspective whence it came. Basically Hindus believe in perpetual reincarnation and Buddhists seek release from the cycle of reincarnation (Nirvana) 
Eternal now is is about how you perceive time and moving awareness away from the present to include the past and potential futures which is why Buddhists are frequently banged up for not paying the rent on time.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Humans define their own meaning in life, and try to make rational decisions despite existing in an irrational universe.
And yet I'm still buying the Beano by the copy, instead of taking out a subscription. I've never really coped since the addition of another Bash Street Kid. Change confuses me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum