Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom White signs on loan

+4
wessy
Keegan
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tom White signs on loan Empty Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 17:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TOM WHITE has joined Bolton Wanderers on a season-long loan from neighbours Blackburn Rovers.

The 23 year-old midfielder is a familiar face to Wanderers’ head coach Ian Evatt, having played under him last season as Barrow secured promotion to the Football League.

White scored two goals in 16 league appearances for The Bluebirds after signing for them on loan from the Ewood Park based outfit.

He joined Rovers on a two-year deal in the summer of 2019 whilst impressing at Gateshead in the National League.

A combative and ball-playing midfielder, White has also represented England ‘C’, earning caps against Wales and Estonia.

Speaking about his move to the University of Bolton Stadium, White said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have joined the club. It’s been in the offing for a while but there was only one place I wanted to come this summer and I’m buzzing it’s finally done.

“I’ve got a really good relationship with the gaffer. His record last year speaks for itself and it’s an honour that he’s asked me to come here with him because I know how good of a manager he is.”

Ian Evatt added: “While Tom might not be a name known to our fans, I know him very well as I had him last year at Barrow. He is the complete midfield player who can run, pass, dribble and break up play.

“He is a great acquisition to our squad.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 17:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Squad seems to be coming together nicely now. If this lad is any good then he's out of contract and we can get him for free so another bonus.

3Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 17:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Somewhat out of left field, this. Of all the numerous names bandied about as being looked at or on trial, there was nary a whisper about him. Clearly has a connection with the Gaffer and already knows how he likes to play, so welcome aboard Lad!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 18:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The important thing is he isn't left field in terms of the manager knowing exactly what he can do, so until we know any better we trust the gaffer. Midfield looks very strong at the minute so need a few defenders now.

5Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 18:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

6Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 19:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never heard of him.

7Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Tue Jul 28 2020, 19:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've never heard of him.
I think he was in Slytherin. The sorting hat is never wrong.

8Tom White signs on loan Empty Re: Tom White signs on loan Wed Jul 29 2020, 17:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He seems a tidy player but Matt White looks better from the little I've seen on Youtube. 
It'll be interesting when we play Barrow as their new manager is Rover's villain David Dunn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum