Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schadenfreude.

+3
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Schadenfreude. Empty Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 10:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of the posters on here will know that we originally started out as The Bolton Trotter.co.uk but then Happy Wanderer, the owner of Wanderers Ways forum, bought the domain name of The Bolton Trotter.com which redirected to Burnden Aces.

He did apologise and admit it was a joke but we decided to change our name to Bolton Nuts and start over again.

We chose Bolton Nuts because we are mad about Bolton and because some of us, including me, are nuts.

We bought the domain name Boltonnuts.co.uk and although we have been going less than a month, things have been ticking over nicely.

Enter Michael Smith, Wigan plumber and owner of BWFCForum.

Mr Smith who calls himself Josh8 on his forum has shelled out £20 of his hard earned brass to purchase Boltonnuts.com. If you log onto it you are redirected to his forum instead of ours.

A magnanimous gesture by a local businessman who should be applauded for his entrepeneurial skills in these difficult times.

If he was that desperate for posters he should have advertised the fact on our open forum.

Still, if you ever need a plumber who wont rip you off, you know where to look first. Embarassed Embarassed

2Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this a joke? He really did that? Dear me, some people need to get a life.

If you have his name surely you have his address? There is so much you could do to fcuk his life up with his name and address. PM me for details, I have experience.

3Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 11:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The pen is mightier than the sword. It's a bit like Tesco building an Express store on every street corner to put local shopkeepers out of business.

I am drafting a letter to Sir Vernon Scripps, the chairperson of the Monopolies Commission, to express my sense of outrage and I refuse to eat another Pooles pie until I get a response..

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:22; edited 1 time in total

4Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:20

i know people who could sort this problem for ya. all they need is an address and 50 quid.

5Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Nut's Dad wrote:i know people who could sort this problem for ya. all they need is an address and 50 quid.

I thought George Mainwaring and his crew had retired years ago ?

6Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:31

no they are experts at making things look like an accident, the cops would find this chap with a plunger shoved up his arse.

7Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This type of 'alternative colonic irrigation' is frowned upon by the BMA.

8Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:49

I’d never been involved in a forum before, but it looked like a bit of fun so I signed up expecting a few laughs and no one to take it especially seriously. Sluffy warned me that some people treat football forums are their life and they will do anything to make them the most popular. I thought he was exaggerating. Clearly not.

It was bad enough when HW from Wanderers ways took our original domain, but at least he had the good grace to apologise and offer it back to us. But this Michael Smith chap has had the domain for over a fortnight now and no apology, not even an explanation.

Well here’s a message for Mr Smith. You have 24 hours to apologise and return the domain or the gloves are off. Too many keyboard warriors think they can do as they please without ramifications, but this is one keyboard warrior who will find that his actions will have repercussions on his real life.

Do I make myself clear Josh?

9Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:56

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

and the link redirects to his site as well - the cheek of it!

10Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:58

i looked at that mavies site before i signed up here, but there onlt seemed to be a couple of people posting. i can understand why they'd want to redirect traffic lol

11Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 14:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You stick with us Jayne! At least you know I will always be here for you. Smile

12Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 16:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Are we really that much of a 'threat' to other Bolton sites? Why can't we all just get along?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Are we really that much of a 'threat' to other Bolton sites? Why can't we all just get along?

Shut up you tart, I'm currently organising a forum brawl outside Little Lever Spar for tomorrow night. Make sure you're there, we'll need at least five people if the whole Mavies site turns up.

14Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 17:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's pathetic really.

I mean at the end of the day all we are, are a small group of people on the internet just having a chat about the club we follow and having a bit of a joke at the same time.

How can that be a threat to anyone?

Yet two separate businessmen have gone out of their way to spend their own MONEY in an attempt to fuck us over!

Both these people actually run their businesses in and around the Bolton area - would you actually want to spend your money on their goods and services if this is how honest, ethical and trustworthy they are about something as meaningless as an internet football forum?

Both these people also OWN two other BWFC forums - where if you are registered as members on their, will have your personal details such as your email address, ip location and more importantly your PASSWORD.

Are you absolutely certain that this information is in safe hands if this is the way they act?

We have received an apology from the first person that screwed us - he claims it was just a simple joke that went wrong – it fucked us up big time but we have accepted his explanation and moved on.

But for someone – Mr Smith - to deliberately go out of his way to do it again – how sad and pathetic is that?

It’s an internet footy forum – get a life for fuck sake!

Can’t wait to hear what explanation you come up with to justify not only buying the domain name with your own MONEY but to then divert people who use it to your OWN SITE!

I’m sure your clients will be thrilled to find out how honest and trustworthy a man you really are!

15Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 17:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Are we really that much of a 'threat' to other Bolton sites? Why can't we all just get along?

There's too many owners ego's and too many personal agendas for that to happen.

Every BWFC forum knows about the others yet the owners of Wanderers Ways and the Mavies site have tried to fuck us over by BUYING up our intended domain names, Burnden Aces have suspended its pm system to stop anyone possibly sending a link to someone about it and The Wanderer has refused point blank a request to simply post on their forum that we even exist!

Now my view fwiw is that I treat people as grown ups able to make up their own minds as to what forum they want to be with - sooner or later people WILL find out about us - so why not be grown up about it right from the start, rather than impose censorship on their own sites and news 'blackouts' in an attempt to pretend we aren't there?

There's no reason what so ever why one big site could not be created by merging the forums together - much bigger clubs than us with thousands of members have created one major forum for their clubs - Liverpool and United to name but two clubs - so it is possible with the right will from people.

Instead personal agendas, vendettas and control freaking is what is far more important to many of the various BWFC forums and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Pathetic really - its not as though it actually means anything much in the real world.

Anyway fuck 'um - they must be worried about us if they are trying to strangle us at birth

We are just a forum where people can come for a bit of fun - let them do their damnedest to stop us!

16Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 18:34

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I can't make it to Little Lever Spar in person for the brawl - kindly accept my humble apologies. You may get the email address for any of the five members of the Mavies site and let me add that person to messenger so I can kick his/her virtual ass online, if that helps.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 19:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Shut up you tart, I'm currently organising a forum brawl outside Little Lever Spar for tomorrow night. Make sure you're there, we'll need at least five people if the whole Mavies site turns up.

It no longer exists... Its now Tesco Express

18Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 20:33

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

What a sad Willem ohne Freund this person must be !

19Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 20:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:It no longer exists... Its now Tesco Express

Another dream shattered. I've always dreamed that one day I would return to my birthplace and show the slags hanging outside the Spar that you really can get out of the ghetto and make something of yourself.

20Schadenfreude. Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 20:55

Isn't hanging round the local Spar the dream of every Bolton girl? Most achieve it to be fair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum